Ann Coulter WTF did i miss?

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
ok, before i start, i must make one thing very clear: I am being serious, this is not a pisstake.Ok, here we go: Guys, who the fuck is Ann Coulter? This bitch shows up on BBC last night and I had the overwhelming urge to launch my television outta the window. I mean where did this bitch come from all of a sudden? Some of the quotes attributed to her are beyond belief. I did a wikiserch and there is quite a comprehensive rundown, I read it all and still feel like this agent of satan just kinda hatched into the collective conciousness relatively recently,.My question is, can anyone school me on why she is getting so much damn attention, why her book is #1 and why she is taken seriously?Is a good soundbite worth this shit?I mean wiki has a section of quotes and it is just beyond belief.And as for her argument about the Jersey girls/911 widows, doesn???t the fact that Coulters??? increase in airtime is mainly due to her remarks on these women, moot her point?Like I said, im in the dark on this witch (but I think you can all see which side of the fence im choosing to sit on) and id really appreciate your takes on this.Plaese to explaen.

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Don't try and understand her. Your brain will only hurt. Seriously, I used to get into political arguments all the time but it simply isn't worth it. Anyone that believes a single word she says is simply braindead. Period.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Don't try and understand her. Your brain will only hurt. Seriously, I used to get into political arguments all the time but it simply isn't worth it. Anyone that believes a single word she says is simply braindead. Period.

Co-sign.
    She's quite inflammatory, and intends to be a polarizing figure for the Republican Party. If you don't take her seriously, she's kinda funny.

For a spiteful woman, that is.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    she's an indepedent, itelligent woman with the drive and determination to see her goals to fruition. a regular female horatio alger! and what pluck she's got!

plus heroin chic is all the rage again in conservative circles.

you mad doggy? you must be a misongynist. why can't you let a woman get hers in a patriarchal society?

i'm hitching my wagon to team Coulter: she's got the winning spirit! yippee!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I just can't get past the man-hands and prominent adam's apple.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    She's taken Democrat/Liberal bashing to a new level. She's realized that you must always say outrageous things so that you can get on TV all the time. Her mantra is attack, attack, attack. That's the only way to treat your opponents, and the more ridiculous, the more time she'll have on TV to say more ridiculous things, thus continuing with her self-promotion campaign.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Her man[/b]tra is attack, attack, attack. That's the only way to treat your opponents, and the more ridic[/b]ulous

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    She's taken Democrat/Liberal bashing to a new level. She's realized that you must always say outrageous things so that you can get on TV all the time. Her mantra is attack, attack, attack. That's the only way to treat your opponents, and the more ridiculous, the more time she'll have on TV to say more ridiculous things, thus continuing with her self-promotion campaign.

thats pretty much what i thought and i realise the value of a soundbite, but

BUT!

jesus, welcome to the 21st century, this is it? this is what we are subjected to? the very fact that some guy who doesnt live in the US knows her name means mission accomplished i guess. I just thought we were all above this kind of showponying.

ok, im off to catch up on paris hilton gossip...

SMFH

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

thats pretty much what i thought and i realise the value of a soundbite, but

BUT!

jesus, welcome to the 21st century, this is it? this is what we are subjected to? the very fact that some guy who doesnt live in the US knows her name means mission accomplished i guess. I just thought we were all above this kind of showponying.

ok, im off to catch up on paris hilton gossip...

SMFH

This is what American politics has degenerated into. There are tons of shows on cabel news networks that have the same kind of style.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    People like how angry she makes them.

she's an indepedent, itelligent woman with the drive and determination to see her goals to fruition. a regular female horatio alger! and what pluck she's got!

plus heroin chic is all the rage again in conservative circles.

you mad doggy? you must be a misongynist. why can't you let a woman get hers in a patriarchal society?

i'm hitching my wagon to team Coulter: she's got the winning spirit! yippee!

im all 'bout team Rollins

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    My question is, can anyone school me on why she is getting so much damn attention, why her book is #1 and why she is taken seriously?

i dunno...you made a thread about her, maybe you can answer that!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    she makes a lot of money doing this shit. just ignore her.

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    Did anyone catch her on Jay Leno along with George Carlin? They predicted fireworks but i missed the show... would have been interesting to see Carlin rip her a new one.

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    she makes a lot of money doing this shit. just ignore her.

Yup. She's all about selling books and getting public speaking gigs (lots of dough there).

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts

Sadly, its people like her that make a lot of more subtle neo-nazis look "moderate".

• Did anyone catch her on Jay Leno along with George Carlin? They predicted fireworks but i missed the show

carlin has become soft in his old age...he didn;t say shit

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Did anyone catch her on Jay Leno along with George Carlin? They predicted fireworks but i missed the show

yeah i think he maybe thought he could tap...

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    or he sees her for exactly what she is and didn't think it was worth giving her more publicity or helping her sell more books.

• puppup 133 Posts

I think the titles of her books best explain her bent view of the world...

Godless: The Church of Liberalism
    How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter
    Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right
    Treason : Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism
    High Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Case Against Bill Clinton

...fair and balanced.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    She isnt paid to come up with solutions, she is paid to cause a stir and nothing else.
    Come on people, entertainers dont need to be in the music or movie business anymore. She is a showman who has simply found a new medium to perform in. Thats it.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

that awas awful.

i expected someone to post the video of Coulter getting pies thrown at her.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Ann coulter is the 50cent of politics... Beef is the name of the Game.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Did anyone catch her on Jay Leno along with George Carlin? They predicted fireworks but i missed the show

Carlin made one or two neutral remarks, but did not go off or talk slick by any means while he sitting next to pencil bitch on stage. There were no fireworks between Jay and Ann, but to Jay's credit, he was asking some decent questions about her recent remarks. Of course she replied with the usual spite and sickly sarcasm. But, I was more surprised by the HUGE fanbase that supported her in the audience. They were going NUTS, cheering and hollering after every comment she made.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Ann coulter is the 50cent of politics... Beef is the name of the Game.

yep. there are tons of www.anncoulterisacunt.com type websites too. they all indirectly help her though. the only bad press is no press.

My question is, can anyone school me on why she is getting so much damn attention, why her book is #1 and why she is taken seriously?

you are so right, bro i even felt dirty posting this, but i am genuinly flummoxed as to why shes getting so much attention, i mean theres a big differance between some guy posting in a record related message board and the god-knows-how-many people that brought her book for full retail price and propelled it to #1 on the bestsellers list.

but yes, you are 100% right, christ ive fallen for her cunning ruse, ill shut up now, the last thing she needs is encouragement, and all of your answers have confirmed what i thought was the case.

thanks guys, can we all move along now?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    flummoxed

yea! such a good word!

• My question is, can anyone school me on why she is getting so much damn attention, why her book is #1 and why she is taken seriously?

you are so right, bro i even felt dirty posting this, but i am genuinly flummoxed as to why shes getting so much attention, i mean theres a big differance between some guy posting in a record related message board and the god-knows-how-many people that brought her book for full retail price and propelled it to #1 on the bestsellers list.

but yes, you are 100% right, christ ive fallen for her cunning ruse, ill shut up now, the last thing she needs is encouragement, and all of your answers have confirmed what i thought was the case.

thanks guys, can we all move along now?

In the former East Germany there were factories that produced goods, conveyance services that transported them, and warehouses that stored them... for decades. At no point were there any paying consumers involved in the process, but GDP increased year on year. The far right press operates on a Communist model of distribution.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    She is definitely a welcome sideshow to deflect attention away from the fact that the democrats have no new ideas and can't even come to an agreement on the central issue facing the country. Any idea that Democrats will recapture the house or the Senate this fall can get put away with the Rove frogmarch into the wishful-fantasy-that-aint-gonna-happen-file. Sorry kids.