TERDS TO AVOID (reverse digging related)

13»

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I sure hope AP's kidding, implying that this is a turd, because of all the War albums from their United Artists golden age, Deliver The Word is by far the best...the most consistent, the one I can just set the needle on cut one and let it ride to the end without skipping tracks. (Although I haven't gotten around to buying their live double yet...)

• I'm going to sound hella soft but I really like this album, my mom used to play it all the time. I later revisited it in my digging days and found out it's the crusaders backing him up. Good, quirky vocal jazz. Plus the ladies love it.

AVOID THIS:

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts

AVOID THIS:

i once almost bought it. it propably was the "funky" in the title that made me think.
    but it somehow just didn't look right...

• That first Heart record is great. Seriously.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    This one rules:

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I love these threads.

A big chunk of my childhood was spent playing muted Atari with Mom's AOR Gold b/w Pop's Southern Rock.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

A big chunk of my childhood was spent playing muted Atari with Mom's AOR Gold b/w Pop's Southern Rock.

• I sure hope AP's kidding, implying that this is a turd, because of all the War albums from their United Artists golden age, Deliver The Word is by far the best...the most consistent, the one I can just set the needle on cut one and let it ride to the end without skipping tracks. (Although I haven't gotten around to buying their live double yet...)

i NEVER implyed this was a terd. all of my posts were commons i LIKE. delever the word is my shit.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Defend your commons, folls!

Supertramp--Breakfast in America--Logical Song, Take the Long Way Home. FIRE!
    Fleetwood Mac--S/T and Rumors plus Tusk are all FIRE!!!
    ELO--New Word Record is one of my favorite records EVAR. Peep the Telephone Line video on youtube.
    McCartney--Ram and BandontheRun are great. Ram is certified MOJO rockist gold. Not common. But I'll defend Wings at the Speed of Sound all day--Let Em' In & Silly Love SOngs are FIRE!

I've been really getting into Bob Seger lately. I love Live Bullet and when the Melotron comes in on Turn the Page...FIRE!

I heart Heart---Dreamboat Annie! Magic Man is fire. Try, Try, Try to understand!

I'll fuck with the first Pat Benatar ablum.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Your supertramp collection seems to have slipped in by mistake mylatency. Especially crime of the century...its an amazin album. Check out a soapbox opera on live in paris too, its a sick track. :P The macca lp isnt that bad either. This thread offends me!

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    James Last whole catalogue.

I don't know about the few that suppose to have "breakz" though...

Voodoo party & well kept secret are pretty decent. Im sure theres a few more mentioned on vv that are worth getting too. Most of his other stuff, from personal experience, truly is terd of the highest order.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    James Last whole catalogue.

I don't know about the few that suppose to have "breakz" though...

Voodoo party & well kept secret are pretty decent. Im sure theres a few more mentioned on vv that are worth getting too. Most of his other stuff, from personal experience, truly is terd of the highest order.
    His version of 'Hair' got some decent stuff on there. Not mindblowing but decent none the less.

• Not exactly

• I've been really getting into Bob Seger lately.

Not half bad..

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Some comments about this thread.

The title track to Van Morrison's Saint Dominic's Preview is some kind of a New England autumn road doobie mind melt folk masterpiece.

Heart rules. Check the production on magic man. In the words of the drill seargent in full metal jacket, "Out-Fucking-Standing".

"Southern Part of Texas" from Deliver the Word is a slept on funk bomb guaranteed to crush dance floors anywhere.

• straight up.

i am totally insulted that pickwick would state that i am not into war. i think someone might be trying to start some serious e-beef. chicago vs. LA. as yakkof smirnoff said to prince surgical mask at buena "THIS IS LA HOMMIE STEP BACK".

how dare you insinuate that i am not into war. war is from long biatch. how can you be from LA and not be down? deliever the word is my jam and now that summer is here i can say it is time for me to officially rock it on cassette once again. the song deliever the word is my official jam.

by the way someone mentioned it earlier about steven bishop and all that. yea, im into that too. and also my jam is "fool if you think its over". also, i put on my dolphin shorts and jog on san vincenti while listening to starbuck and also sammy john chevy van is my jam too.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

can't stop listoning to crosseyed and painless

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I always forget how many hits Seeger had. Dude, has crazy hits. Even on Greatest Hits vol 2 he's still charting (fire down below, Katmandu). Plus, Rambling, Gambling Man, my favorite Seeger jam, is not even on Vol 1 or 2.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Your supertramp collection seems to have slipped in by mistake mylatency. Especially crime of the century...its an amazin album. Check out a soapbox opera on live in paris too, its a sick track. :P The macca lp isnt that bad either. This thread offends me!

dude that is not my collection, I actually found those jpegs when I did a quick search on ebay for:

drumroll plaese:

"rare records" !!!!!!! I shat you not.

Like I was saying I will defend B-52's, Talking Headz, Michael Franks grown and sexy looking black and white sweater photo sitting on the ground cover, and HEART for dayz. Fuk a raer, it's about taking it bak to the dollarbin foll.

The intent of the thraed was to showcase true terds but TURDS are those dollar gems that keep on giving like Dionne Warwick - Just being myself or a Stephen Stills LP, holla.

Don't forget Boz Scagg's lowdown and the more elusive:

CHICAGO 13

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    AP: confusion ain't wellington

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    These a-holes get mentioned yet?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Don't forget Boz Scagg's lowdown and the more elusive:

CHICAGO 13

That Chicago record is horrible (and I say this as a early Chicago fan as well as a disco fan)

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    seriously, if you even claim to care about rock music in the least, you must own these. You could go out with twenty bucks and come home an hour later with ALL of these. NO EXCUSES if you dont own them.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    straight up.

i am totally insulted that pickwick would state that i am not into war. i think someone might be trying to start some serious e-beef. chicago vs. LA. as yakkof smirnoff said to prince surgical mask at buena "THIS IS LA HOMMIE STEP BACK".

how dare you insinuate that i am not into war. war is from long biatch. how can you be from LA and not be down? deliever the word is my jam and now that summer is here i can say it is time for me to officially rock it on cassette once again. the song deliever the word is my official jam.

by the way someone mentioned it earlier about steven bishop and all that. yea, im into that too. and also my jam is "fool if you think its over". also, i put on my dolphin shorts and jog on san vincenti while listening to starbuck and also sammy john chevy van is my jam too.

Nah THON dudes talkin about "Blood Wars buddy, I tell you what-even if you was filming the movie things would have went boom boom boom and that's the way it would of went"..... Plus that War Deliver the message primo chopped up so that's automatically a classsic and the Moody Blues on the floor has a Masta Ace Sample if I'm correct.... It's all about records with LOOPS, Samples & Breaks and that's the way it will be FOR-EVER!!!!!! Cause if it wasn't for HIP HOP Records would not be around anymore and all you record dealers would be out of Jobs and collecting Beattles Only!!! YOU KNOW I IZ RIZIGHT!!!! Most of those records pictured here will be worth somthing after sombody samples it so hold on to them or make flying gulitines from the vinyl.... OH SHITTSY, HELLO MY DARLIN .... SHUT SHUT SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I HAVE TO PUT MY FOOT IN... DUM - DUM -DUM even though I smoke a pound of erb F-what yah heard.... Oh my to much coffe & SUGAR, & NOW DIAMOND D CLASSICS IN MY MIND....

• straight up.

Nah THON dudes talkin about "Blood Wars buddy, I tell you what-even if you was filming the movie things would have went boom boom boom and that's the way it would of went"..... Plus that War Deliver the message primo chopped up so that's automatically a classsic and the Moody Blues on the floor has a Masta Ace Sample if I'm correct.... It's all about records with LOOPS, Samples & Breaks and that's the way it will be FOR-EVER!!!!!! Cause if it wasn't for HIP HOP Records would not be around anymore and all you record dealers would be out of Jobs and collecting Beattles Only!!! YOU KNOW I IZ RIZIGHT!!!! Most of those records pictured here will be worth somthing after sombody samples it so hold on to them or make flying gulitines from the vinyl.... OH SHITTSY, HELLO MY DARLIN .... SHUT SHUT SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I HAVE TO PUT MY FOOT IN... DUM - DUM -DUM even though I smoke a pound of erb F-what yah heard.... Oh my to much coffe & SUGAR, & NOW DIAMOND D CLASSICS IN MY MIND....

DOGG POUND LOSSER

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    CALI IS ACTIVE IN THIS THRAED

LET'S BANG, NO AYO

I've been really getting into Bob Seger lately.

Not half bad..

his first LP ever (after a string of 45's on Hideout and Cameo), and a lot harder rocking than the bob seger we now know

i am totally insulted that pickwick would state that i am not into war. i think someone might be trying to start some serious e-beef. chicago vs. LA.

no beef here, just confusion!

that war album cover just kind of appeared, without comment, in a thread called "terds to avoid," so i just made a false assumption. my fault; like bobby rush sang, "no axe ta grind!"

seriously, if you even claim to care about rock music in the least, you must own these. You could go out with twenty bucks and come home an hour later with ALL of these. NO EXCUSES if you dont own them.

my excuse for not owning any skynyrd or van halen albums is the fact that both bands dont really do it for me. not even as guilty pleasures. apart from that, i do have the alice cooper and BOC elpees and i sure as hell woudnt part with em.

now i'll tell you one dollarbin common rock band i can get behind:

most grand funk albums had at least one moment of goodness but this one, by far, is the BEST from front to back - not one track is a dud!!

• ryanryan 334 Posts

Not my favorite effort from Joni, but the title track sets the standard for everyone else. Untouchable. Nudie pic gatefold too.