Original TV Show Themes that are Badass

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    didnt someone say it was from an american library record? cant remember which one.

Plaese to post a link of this thread.

As far as I know Barney Miller was an original theme.

It was released on vinyl as part of an instructional record series. Thats all the info I can reveal, I've been sworn to secrecy

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    didnt someone say it was from an american library record? cant remember which one.

Plaese to post a link of this thread.

As far as I know Barney Miller was an original theme.

It was released on vinyl as part of an instructional record series. Thats all the info I can reveal, I've been sworn to secrecy
    Uh, you know my PM's work, right?

• rayray 77 Posts
    The Barney Miller spin-off, Fish, had a pretty dope theme, too...

• Night Court

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts
    can add

black belt jones

space 1999

ufo

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

The Streets of San Francisco

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Angie

Fish
    Barney Miller
    Night Court
    Vietnam-A Television History (seek it out, it knocks)
    Knight Rider

Magnum PI

Kojak

Police Woman
    Streets of San Francisco
    SWAT

Rockford Files

Ducktales (classic material)

Go Bots

Transformers
    GI Joe (end theme, bangin!)

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i liked that China Beach used the Supremes' Reflections

edit - oh oops - forget that - it's not original...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    nothin get's me highsteppin more than the muppet show theme song.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

And while we're on the topic - does anyone know if Fat Albert was re-released in any form? VHS? DVD?? Something???? Seems like it would certainly sell. It was one of my favourite cartoons. AND they always had a moral!!

• Night Court

Yeah, that was pretty badass.

It's kind of close to a 'tepid funk terd' too!! Is that a "slap bass" on the intro? Those horns coulda come off of 10 CTI records.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    German headz know the deal... this theme is badass.

• spexxxspexxx 37 Posts

And while we're on the topic - does anyone know if Fat Albert was re-released in any form? VHS? DVD?? Something???? Seems like it would certainly sell. It was one of my favourite cartoons. AND they always had a moral!!

Most,if not all of the Fat Albert dopeness has been released on DVD.Amazon has got a few of them,peep game holmes.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Damn! Erin Gray!!! she was cute!!! Are you still hearing from her in the US?

• Mobile Armored Strike Kommand

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    one of my all favorite original scores...dave grusin kills this shit! why was this never released as an ost album? so many other tv terds from the 70's had lps. this show was really popular too! this soundtrack needs a proper release...even yakuza was finally given an official release recently.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are some more:

-Barnaby Jones.

-McCloud.

-That's My Mama.

-Vegetable Soup (sort of...).

-Police Woman.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    most definitely my man Lancelot Link Secret Chimp. not only a dope intro but an in-house band...

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I've got an Australian LP where Sven Libaek covers a bunch of themesongs from Aussie TV and some are seriously nuts. They have names like "Tenga the Silly Kangaroo" and "The Animal Hunter", too. May Sheep can tell us more?

• puppup 133 Posts

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Happy Days

Laverne & Shirley

Love Boat

Gilligans Island

Little Rascals

Three Stoges

the Waltons

HEAT! Like the Champions of Tomorrow!!! (You get it they play the Mav's Tomorrow) LOL!!!! I make my self laugh ahahahah!!!!

• oldnewsouloldnewsoul 238 Posts
    Bionic Woman had the crazy changes.

Barney Miller was NYC circa'76

Night Stalker was  

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Can't mess with some Alan Hawkshaw

Co-sizzle. Heres mine;

Dave allen at large
    Diff'rent strokes
    Hill street blues
    Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
    Inspector gadget
    Knight rider
    Littlest hobo
    Magic roundabout
    Magnum
    Monkey (Godeigo)
    Pidgeon street
    Tales of the unexpected
    Taxi
    The banana splits
    Thomas the tank engine (i jus made a beat with this)
    Transformers

Dope thread! XD

• Ulysses 31

• And while we're on the topic - does anyone know if Fat Albert was re-released in any form? VHS? DVD?? Something???? Seems like it would certainly sell. It was one of my favourite cartoons. AND they always had a moral!!

I picked up one VHS tape from a market last year. It has 3 episodes on and I would imagine it was released mid 80's?

No idea how many more were released.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

"M-M-M-Mask - MASK, is the mighty power that will save the daaay". Brings back memories. All that morning robot cartoon stuff. Mask, Robotech, Voltron, Transformers. Badass series, badass themes.

All that sitcom Taxi Night Court smooth jazz stuff is not badass. It's sentimental and not bad meaning good. Badass themes need that Mack truck hero cheese. Or gloomy synths. Or at least a little chase action wahwah.

Next y'all gonna mention some saccharine like Mathis & Williams for Family Ties - "Shalalalaaaaa???sit UBU sit"

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    are the mix-show djs on hot 97 still spinning sets of old-school tv show songs?
    i was driving through the city a few summers ago and caught someone (not flex) doing a 20-30 straight set of 70s tv themes.

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

may somebody already listed this ?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

?!?!? ?!?!?!

C'mon Grope, how old are you ? You must know this.

it's like a synth fusion funk massacre. i don't like that tune!

they used to have fantastic music for "polizeiruf 110" and the "der kommisar" series. they used an instrumantal version of the lost generation lp on brunswick. i'm still wondering how they were able to use and instrumental version of a US soul record. plus the "der kommisar" series was shot before the lost generation lp came out

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

?!?!? ?!?!?!

C'mon Grope, how old are you ? You must know this.

it's like a synth fusion funk massacre. i don't like that tune!

they used to have fantastic music for "polizeiruf 110" and the "der kommisar" series. they used an instrumantal version of the lost generation lp on brunswick. i'm still wondering how they were able to use and instrumental version of a US soul record. plus the "der kommisar" series was shot before the lost generation lp came out

oh, i just found out that the lost generation lp has one instrumental track (the one that was used). still, how come they used that record? totally unusual to use foreign records as background music for that time (1968)...