valentine DRUM record

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
i just got the valentine drum record finally. thanks to the molemen. it's awesome. 100 drum braeks! you guys should call sound library in new york to see if they have any more repress copies. heres the number 212 598 9302peace, stein. . .

Comments

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    i just got the valentine drum record finally. thanks to the molemen. it's awesome. 100 drum braeks! you guys should call sound library in new york to see if they have any more repress copies. heres the number 212 598 9302

peace, stein. . .

i saw that one but 59.99 was a little high.

is it like an original thing or was it done recently ?

speaking of drum records anybody got any modern drummer flexidiscs that they did in the 70s? those things are sick !

dave

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    i would guess it's from around 68-69. sound library repressed to give to customers for free. stein. . .

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    damn so you won that?

sample em and sell it to me plaese

p.s. i'm pretty sure even the TSL one goes for loot and is long gone

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    it's awesome. 100 drum braeks!

Seriously, what the Hell is this record you guys are talking about right now[/b], and how much is it gonna set me back once I get paid on friday?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I saw one over at my boy D**'s. I should holler at him about it.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    got audio ?

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    yeah, i was going to ask the same thing.

anyone?

• plus guys, it was "Used By MADLIB, RISING EXPRESS". I remember Soulman going to TSL in Big Daddy and he mentioned this thing. Dusty Fingers can get the Big Noise from Winnetka and shit but not this? Yar.

• ouweeouwee 50 Posts
    todays famous rock and soul drumbeats
    drums by gary mure

It has these brakes + more

mother popcorn
    i got the feeling
    cold sweat
    give it up and turn it loose
    do your thing
    express yourself
    sing asimple song...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    todays famous rock and soul drumbeats

drums by gary mure

It has these brakes + more

mother popcorn

i got the feeling

cold sweat

give it up and turn it loose

do your thing

express yourself

sing asimple song...

Reminds me of that godawful drum break 45 SOULFIRE PUT OUT with the beat#'s and all.

Was Phillip Lehman on drums?

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    the Big Noise from Winnetka

turd gigante

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    so this record has 56 breaks not 100? and they are the drum patters from popular songs of the time? What the hell was the purpose of this record when it came out?

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    so this record has 56 breaks not 100? and they are the drum patters from popular songs of the time? What the hell was the purpose of this record when it came out?

tape loops?? Those records that seem like they were supposed to be sampled are very humorous.
    that one on ebay looks like absolute shit, you can see the scratches on the low quality picture.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    at this point, who really needs more drumbreaks? Im just saying, its real hard for me to get exited about some friggin drums.

nahmean?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    at this point, who really needs more drumbreaks? Im just saying, its real hard for me to get exited about some friggin drums.

nahmean?

blasphemy!

• ptq28ptq28 38 Posts
    Damn.. Can anyone help me to find one of the represses? Anyone have any of the represses readily available?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

nahmean?

this guy lives in triton synths and feeds on the producers brain.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I have it in my crates somewhere, I'll try to post up an MP3 of both sides by Monday.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

nahmean?

blasphemy!

Now I know what the B stands for.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I have it in my crates somewhere, I'll try to post up an MP3 of both sides by Monday.

My man.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

nahmean?

bbbbbblasphemy!

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts

nahmean?

blasphemy!

Shoot I can Human beat Box better Drum sounds, you haven't heard the Mango Ate 8 yet!