ENERGY DRINKS (NRR)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Post your fave. I'm still partial to Redbull.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

OOOOOOHH

Better than extreme hyphy energy drink or crunk juice? I have yet to try any of these exotic hip hop lifestyle drinks.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    IT GIVES YOU THE HEART OF A MOJO PRIEST

• asian experience is better than lightning bolt.

edit: i didn't realize they were the same thing, cherry charge though, thats what i meant.

IT GIVES YOU THE PONYTAIL OF A BAD MOFOKIN' KUNGFU ACTION STAR MEMPHIS RECORD STORE PATRON

• but really I'm just waiting for van damme to DESTROY the energy drink market...

• ExtraExtraExtraExtra 209 Posts
    as far as taste goes - amped or the sobe no fears, i think redbull tastes like some cough syrup and all the monster brands taste like cotton candy.

overall id go with Rockstar or Sobe - "No Fear"

I'll have to try the No Fear ones, the Rockstar was quite good from what I recall. Yah, Monster does taste a little too sweet.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Redbull especially in college. never really tried the other ones. i just know that Redbull works.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    taurine will rot you from the inside. energy drinks =

(except Steven Seagal's, that one is fucking sweet).

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Isn't Taurine just another sucrose type compound? Ginseng is a natural herb everyone and anyone can fuk with.

• so natural.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

That shit is poison...

• taurine will rot you from the inside. energy drinks =

That shit is poison...

and it seems like everyting dat calls itself energydrink comes with it.

• You cannot be serious. This is like what kids drink before[/b] they are old enough to manage Long Island Ice Teas.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    An oldie but goodie...

• Options
    An oldie but goodie...

That's the decaf pot.

• An oldie but goodie...

so seconded.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    these keep your boy alert:

by the way, this....

That shit is poison...

...is TOTAL bullshit. taurine is a naturally-occuring amino acid and is essential to proper heart function. those deficient in taurine have been shown to have high instances of dialated cardiomyopathy aka enlarged heart.

or maybe that just what the lizardoids want me to think.

• not "energy" drinks..but they do the trick for me..

...is TOTAL bullshit. taurine is a naturally-occuring amino acid and is essential to proper heart function. those deficient in taurine have been shown to have high instances of dialated cardiomyopathy aka enlarged heart.

Just because its naturally occuring and essential to heart function this does not mean that chugging large quantities of this isn't bad for your health...i.e. vitamin poisoning...

or maybe that just what the lizardoids want me to think.

Exactly!!!

Oh and just incase anyone is interested....

Red Bull Gives You Wings, ...amongst other things

Red Bull: the experts say it should carry a health warning - what do those who drink it think?

FSPB Stimulant Drinks Report Released

With sales in the region of 1 million cases a year, stimulant drinks have staked their claim in the soft drinks market. But whether used as a mixer with alcohol or an energy booster taken alone, these drinks are causing concern. A report from the Food Safety Protection Board was commissioned following a recommendation from an inquest jury after the death of an 18 year old Limerick student who???d drunk three cans of Red Bull before a basketball tournament. The inquest jury found no evidence that Red Bull was responsible for his death, but the Food Safety Promotion Board has advised that stimulant drinks such as Red Bull should carry a warning label that they should not be consumed with alcohol.

Commenting on the report Martin Higgins Chief Executive with SafeFood, the Food Safety Promotion Board said, "We undertook this study at the request of Minister of State, Dr Tom Moffatt. Our purpose was to review the potential health effects on the population from the consumption of stimulant drinks, assess knowledge gaps and consider any steps which would be needed to provide appropriate protection for public health."

The team undertaking the investigation paid particular attention to the marketing techniques used to promote the products and the situations in which the drinks are regularly consumed.

Commenting further Professor Sean Strain, Chairman of the Stimulant Drinks Committee said "The Committee was constrained by the limited amount of comprehensive information, risk assessment data and peer reviewed scientific research in this area. In light of this limited information and in order to protect public health, we have adopted a precautionary approach to its review."

Recommendations

The report makes the following recommendations:
    a) stimulant drinks should be labelled with an indication that they are unsuitable for children (under 16 years of age), pregnant women and individuals sensitive to caffeine
    b) they should be classified with other beverages of high caffeine content
    c) the consumption of stimulant drinks by children under 16 years should be discouraged
    d) caution should be exercised in the consumption of stimulant drinks with alcohol
    e) they should not be consumed in association with sport and exercise as a thirst quencher
    f) they are unsuitable rehydration agents for use in sport and during exercise

Labelling:
    The Committee welcomes the changes to the labelling regulations requiring drink products with caffeine contents greater than 150 milligram per litre to be labelled ???high caffeine content??? and the amount of caffeine present be given. This should be implemented as soon as is practicable.

The Committee also recommends that stimulant drinks should be labelled with an indication that they are unsuitable for children (under 16 years of age), pregnant women and individuals sensitive to caffeine.

Groups for special consideration:
    In the context of advice to pregnant women to limit caffeine intake owing to the possible adverse effects of high caffeine intake on pregnancy outcome, stimulant drinks should be classified with other beverages of high caffeine content.

Consumption of stimulant drinks by children under 16 years should be discouraged on the basis of possible transient behavioural effects of high caffeine intake, such as increased arousal, irritability, nervousness or anxiety.

Circumstances under which stimulant drinks are consumed:
    Consumers should be advised that caution be exercised in the consumption of stimulant drinks with alcohol and the products should carry a clear statement on the label to this effect.

It is recommended that stimulant drinks not be consumed in association with sport and exercise as a thirst quencher, and that the products should carry a clear statement on the label that they are unsuitable rehydration agents for use in sport and during exercise.

Marketing

The Committee has a number of concerns about the marketing and promotion of stimulant drinks including:
    a) misleading claims;
    b) suggestion that stimulant drinks reduce the requirement for sleep;
    c) lack of recommended upper consumption limits;
    d) ambiguous information on the consumption of stimulant drinks with alcohol, and
    e) promotion of stimulant drinks consumption in association with sport.

It is recommended that the industry regulators and relevant authorities address such practices.

Further research

The Committee recognises that in order to undertake a full risk assessment of the ingredients of stimulant drinks and their interactions, extensive research would need to be conducted. Such research would require toxicological investigations that would best be carried out at a concerted international level.

It is recommended that further research be carried out to:
    a) monitor patterns of stimulant drink consumption;
    b) establish an upper safe level for daily intake of glucuronolactone and taurine in humans, and
    c) investigate possible adverse effects of interactions between stimulant drink ingredients such as caffeine and taurine, and between such ingredients and alcohol, particularly under conditions of exercise and consequent dehydration through sweating.