Dump Danno3000 as moderator!

2»

Comments

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts

Whatever happened to posting something like: "Danno3000: Check your PM's!"

Read the thread. He read my PM's and I know he did, as I clicked 'read receipt' on them.

• how do you know danno deleted your post? the truth of the matter is you dont.

you're mad emotional right now, you might wanna go outside and take a deep breath of fresh air.

according to your feedback you've been an ebay member for 6 months to the day, maybe you uhh jumped the gun a lil bit here?

i'm saying its highly possible.

Because it said 'post deleted by Danno3000' right before the thread vanished entirely.

I'm don't need any fresh air, either - I'm just sick of games on eBay and suckers who can't follow through.

whatever dude, you still to get your E-motions in check.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    It has already been proven that no matter how foul an action is posed by a soulstrut insider that his frat brothers will abundantly come to his defense.

What mojo has done here is nothing that I haven't seen others do repeatedly on this board...to the delight of the soulstrut peanut gallery.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I don't know why it took me so long to fully realize this, but after reading TWO ebay beef threads in one day, i've come to the conclusion... some of you are really fucking DORKS.

Danno -

I, like anyone, appreciate seriously hardcore back-peddling as much as the next guy, but some facts remain:

1. I sent you 3-4 PM's and 2-3 e-mails regarding getting a total for this record. The PM's and e-mails were sent 'read-receipt', and I can provide anyone who wants copies of either PM's or e-mails with copies (e-mails will come complete with 'headers' authenticating send and read-receipt dates).

2. You deleted my earlier post asking for advice from fellow board members - not a good look on your part.

3. You then deleted the ENTIRE THREAD. Again, not a good look, and getting more than a little suspect.

4. I left you negative feedback, after concluding that all reasonable means of discourse were exhausted. Leaving negative feedback, by the way, is totally legal and is not a matter for the courts. It's part of eBay. It's your right too - although it will probably be viewed as 'retalitory feedback' by eBay Customer Service, and would be removed once I provide e-mail proof that you ignored me.

5. You only attended to this matter after you deleted my post, then my thread, and had to save what remained of your character on these forums.

You are only sonning yourself by playing 'internet lawyer' at this point. Much like I've dared you to leave me retalitory negative feedback, I hereby dare you to launch a legal proceeding against me regarding me leaving you negative feedback.

Can't you just apologize for dropping the ball on this?

You fucked up, it's OK, you're human, but at least own up to it.

If you had come on here and said, "Yo, I fucked up. I've been crazy busy", this would have been over and done with on page one.

Also, I have received no e-mail from Danno3000 regarding this matter. My negative feedback for you stands, and I welcome your e-lawsuit and any and all e-judgements that shall come my way.

As you said, you've got my address, so you know where to reach me.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It has already been proven that no matter how foul an action is posed by a soulstrut insider that his frat brothers will abundantly come to his defense.

What mojo has done here is nothing that I haven't seen others do repeatedly on this board...to the delight of the soulstrut peanut gallery.
    I disagree; this is more about disincentivizing business-damaging pettiness and irrationality in the online record world.

Why are you riding Danno's dick so hard, Reynaldo?

Hoping he'll throw some Celia Cruz raers your way?

If anybody has any concerns about my integrity as both an ebay seller and a moderator, please make them public so that I can address them.

You're a shitty eBay seller. You are also a shitty moderator, as you can't just go through life deleting things that you find difficult to face.

I think you'll find that at most, you can accuse me of being verbose and officious. As many of you know, I have better things to do than sweat over a $15.50 record, which, if you care to know, I was selling on concession for a third party. It's not even mine. Oi vey!

I don't care if it was a $30 record, or even a $5,000 record. Are you trying to justify your behaviour in relation to the price of the record?

Oh, poor Danno3000! He's getting all this grief, and it's not even a $20 record, and he's not even selling it! He's selling it for a third party, dontchaknow?! Awwwwwwww, I'm getting teary-eyed just typing this!!!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I'll tell you what, since you don't work, I'll call you tomorrow during the day and we can attempt to find a solution. Again, I reiterate that it's never been my intention to keep the record from you.

As for your PMs, I apologise for being slow to respond. According to my received messages page, you sent me one on the second asking about the item and I replied to it. You sent me another on the fourth, which I opened without responding, and then one on the 11, which I never opened. Here I feel obliged to extend apologies to AP, Aleit, Aser, and the others who have sent me PMs in the last week that I have yet to answer. Apparently I no longer get email notifications of new PMs and my message icon is always flashing. I don't mean this as an excuse, but, as a rule, I don't use Soulstrut to conduct ebay transactions specifically because I always have a backlog of unread PMs and many more that I need to answer.

I did apologise to you for being slow in responding to your inquiries. I did this in the second email I sent you to the address provided by eBay. I apologise again: I'm sorry for being unusually slow. I see that it caused you a lot of stress and anguish. I didn't want this to happen.

I don't know why you presume some conspiracy on my part to keep the record from you. I mentioned that it wasn't mine to illustrate just how little I am personally invested in it. Additionally, my history with other strutters and my ebay feedback all suggest principled transactions. Perhaps you have another issue with the me that needs resolving? If I caused you harm unintentionally I'd like to make that right as well. I look forward to discussing this all with you tomorrow.

Best,

Dan

You know what, Danno?

I think I've made my point, and I don't intend to continue beating this issue to death.

I will be looking at records all morning, but you've got a deal: we shall resolve this like adults, and finish this transaction in a positive manner.

Sound good?

EDIT: I shall also go about removing that feedback, as I'd like to think we're on track to resolving this peacefully.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Getting asshurt over $15 and calling for moderator ban is
    pretty much the definition of new jack dick swinging bullshit.

Maybe dude deleted your thread cause you're braying like a jackass?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    we shall resolve this like adults

That is a HORRIBLE idea! Just think of where this line of thinking could lead?!?!

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    after reading this entire thread... i honestly don't know what to make of it... i'm not taking sides... but as a frequent ebay buyer, i do know that if i won an item on june 4th (over a week ago)... i would expect the seller to have gotten in touch with me within the week. that's all i can say... i don't think anyone would be making a stink here if something wasn't up... people talk about their ebay dilemmas every day here and i don't see why this should be approached any differently... no matter who is involved and/or how many SS posts they have.

Well, I think we both had valid points - it just took three pages for each of us to recognize them.

I think Danno realized that he had been lagging, and I realized that putting him on SS blast b/w negative feedback still didn't resolve anything.

As much as I'm tempted to ask for this whole fucking thread to be deleted, it did serve it's purpose and help two people work things out peacefully and positively (near the end ).

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    after reading this entire thread... i honestly don't know what to make of it... i'm not taking sides... but as a frequent ebay buyer, i do know that if i won an item on june 4th (over a week ago)... i would expect the seller to have gotten in touch with me within the week. that's all i can say... i don't think anyone would be making a stink here if something wasn't up... people talk about their ebay dilemmas every day here and i don't see why this should be approached any differently... no matter who is involved and/or how many SS posts they have.

Without taking sides either, I think it's funny how worked up people get over minor ebay transactions. I've been the slow dude, I've had to wait for slow dudes, sometimes both parties are slow dudes, but I don't really get that worked up over it. It's not too unusual for buyers to take weeks before paypalling me. I usually give them positive feedback anyway, as long as I get the money (note that I'm talking about low-money auctions such as the one discussed in this thread).

Bottom line: enduring a minor annoyance just doesn't warrent that much self-rightiousness.

• why did i just read this? this is wack.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    why did i just read this? this is wack.
    Peaceful Solutions

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Plaese, resolve this matter like 2 adults. Meet up in some neutral place, exchange record and money, exchange a couple of condoms and then call it a deal.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Smithville is way fucking better.

I'd cut a bitch over that one.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Sort of beside the point, but not really, I also think its stupid to tell this dude it doesn't matter because its a $15 record. Right or wrong, the dollar amount is pretty meaningless; if someone is trying to jack me on penny candy, fuck that noise- its still shady. Likewise, if a $15 record becomes $40 worth of hassle, then you have every right to complain. If your time is being wasted, suddenly the value of the record goes out the window.

I've seen plenty of folks in this thread bitching about paying an extra dollar for Priority shipping, and then getting Media mail. And, you have every right to complain about that. But, don't turn around and say, "chill, its only a $15 record". Foaming from both sides of the mouth is never a good look.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Dan should have responded to this guy sooner & he'd admit as much, but I think where Mojoworkin was remiss is in jumping the gun & expecting that he was going to be stiffed. I mean, Dan has worked very hard to build up his radio show & has a lot of projects on the horizon. He's a moderator on soulstrut. No one in his position is going to jeopardize his rep via an ebay gank move. Dude should have shown a bit more patience. Would I be pissed if a dude didn't send me my shipping total? I'll tell you, it happened to me recently. I asked a seller for an invoice on 4 records. He never got back to me so what I did was I read his shipping quotes in his description & paid what he quoted. I got my shit about 2 weeks later. Danno quotes shipping in his description. You could pay that amount & wait for your record. I remember Rob at TSL saying that ebay is a pain in the ass & now I see why - dudes will ask you questions that you have already answered in your item description & are quick to trip on you.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    This thread epitomizes the power of moderation

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I almost never read ebay, paypal beef threads. I hope I never read another. People have lives, sometimes ebay auctions are not the center of those lives. Get over yourself.

if someone is trying to jack me on penny candy, fuck that noise- its still shady.

So, for a piece of penny candy you would start whiney threads on soulstrut, leave negative feedback on ebay and expect people to care about it?

You, sir, are not the king of soul strut.

if someone is trying to jack me on penny candy, fuck that noise- its still shady.

So, for a piece of penny candy you would start whiney threads on soulstrut, leave negative feedback on ebay and expect people to care about it?

Yes. I am not the king of soulstrut. fine. whatever.

Clearly your lack of perception on analogies and exaggeration would preclude your stand on the throne as well.

Clearly your lack of perception on analogies and exaggeration would preclude your stand on the throne as well.

Perhaps much like faux's initial thread, my post needed some indicator of sarcasm...

Perhaps much like faux's initial thread, my post needed some indicator of sarcasm...

Nice. These beef threads are so contagious...like the pink hate goo under NYC in Ghostbusters 2.

Self-Son: Quoting Ghostbusters 2 is NOT and indicator of being King of Soulstrut.