Dump Danno3000 as moderator!

mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
For those who missed it, Danno3000 just deleted my post about how to effectively complete our eBay transaction.Basically, I won a record from him, and I guess he didn't get as much as he wanted for it. He's ignored my emails asking for a total with shipping since. I marked all PM's and emails to him 'read receipt', and what do you know, he got them all but didn't care to respond. Of course, him deleting my post just makes me want to leave him negative feedback.So....be right back, I gots me some feedback to leave!

Comments

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
    Ahhhhh, that felt good.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

I was just replying to the other post saying that Dan is a good dude and all when

"The post you are replying to has been deleted."

Dude is a fucking joke.

He got some well-received negative feedback from me though, so all is good.

I DARE him to leave me retalitory negative feedback. I will then make it my mission to get him suspended.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Leaving him negative feedback over some $15 BS was stupid.

(BAN this dude before it spreads!)

It makes no fucking difference, Reynaldo. If you are hoping for a certain price for a record, put a reserve on it, or a higher starting price.

Danno3000 has shown himself to be a punk, and if I pulled the same shit, I'd expect to be put on blast too.

I'm just saying, you're looking kinda irrational and petty right now and that's a good way to get blacklisted which is bad for business. But whatever.

Dude:

I'M being the irrational one?

Then by default, I guess ignoring PM's and e-mails, and deleting threads is rational?

Let me turn the tables on you Rey - say you won some Fania record from some dude, and you never heard from him again. WWRD (what would Reynaldo do?).

You'd go fucking ape-shit dude, and don't deny it.

Why don't you play devil's advocate elsewhere? This really doesn't concern you.

Let me turn the tables on you Rey - say you won some Fania record from some dude, and you never heard from him again. WWRD (what would Reynaldo do?).
    I would get on soul strut and do irreparable damage to my business rep.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Reynaldo, you're talking out your ass. If Danno flaked on a legit buyer and if said shady shit is real then Danno deserves what he's getting here. Dudes get called out on shit like this all the time here. Fuck, remember when RAJ called out TheMack on some flaky Ebay business?

Sorry, Reynaldo, but eBay isn't my 'business rep'.

Some of us live on our own, pay for our own shit, and don't have Mommy and Daddy to wipe our asses.

For us, not everything revolves around eBay and BAN and internet aliases.

Now kindly get the fuck out of this thread, please.

• Options

He got some well-received negative feedback from me though, so all is good.

"Well-recieved" might be the wrong choice of phrase in this situation. Just saying.

Reynaldo, you're talking out your ass. If Danno flaked on a legit buyer and if said shady shit is real then Danno deserves what he's getting here. Dudes get called out on shit like this all the time here. Fuck, remember when RAJ called out TheMack on some flaky Ebay business?
    False analogy. Calling someone out on soul strut and leaving them negative feedback on eBay are two different things.

• how do you know danno deleted your post? the truth of the matter is you dont.

you're mad emotional right now, you might wanna go outside and take a deep breath of fresh air.

according to your feedback you've been an ebay member for 6 months to the day, maybe you uhh jumped the gun a lil bit here?

i'm saying its highly possible.

• "Well-recieved" might be the wrong choice of phrase in this situation. Just saying.

I believe he meant "well-deserved" - easy mistake.

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    Ahhhhh, that felt good.

not a good look.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I find this whole thing utterly absurd. Dude wants to put me on blast, so be it. Below you'll find my correspondance to him detailing my understanding of the situation. If anybody has any concerns about my integrity as both an ebay seller and a moderator, please make them public so that I can address them.

I think you'll find that at most, you can accuse me of being verbose and officious. As many of you know, I have better things to do than sweat over a $15.50 record, which, if you care to know, I was selling on concession for a third party. It's not even mine. Oi vey!

The item in question is: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4887951719

The feedback I received is:

I win item, and he refuses to sell! AVOID THIS SELLER.

Email One, sent today at 10:46[/b]

Hello,

Thank you for successfully bidding on my auction; you???re business is appreciated.

Shipping will cost $7US. You may pay Paypal, IMO, or cash, which you send at your own risk. Alternatively, as I see from your address that you???re located in Toronto, you???re welcome to arrange a pick-up.

Regards,

Dan

Email Two, sent after seeing the first thread alleging my dishonesty[/b]

Peter,

I am disappointed and annoyed that you felt it appropriate to use Soulstrut to communicate your fear that I would breach my obligation to complete our transaction. Such a concern has no basis. I have admittedly been slow to respond to you requests for a total. However, I sent you an invoice detailing the cost of shipping this morning at 10:46AM, I have no negative feedback that would suggest I???m in the habit of breaching eBay contracts, and, perhaps above all, you have yet to remit me money for the cost of the record.

There were any number of ways you could have allayed a concern that my intentions were less than honest. It was manifestly inappropriate for you to publicly question whether I intend to refuse you the record because I was unhappy with its price. As a moderator, I do not tolerate people who abuse the forum for their own dubious gain and I delete such posts and threads. This applies doubly to members who have yet to contribute enough to justify starting superfluous threads. Consequently, I deleted your thread.

It is necessary that Soulstrut members understand that I am a person of integrity so that I can effectively carry out my moderating duties. Your claims baselessly defame my character and this too is unacceptable. I caution you against posting similarly in the future.

Now, as always, I have every intention of completing our transaction. On receiving your payment for the record plus $7 shipping, I will send it to you. I trust you will find this satisfactory.

Regards,

Dan

Email 3 and 4, sent after noticing the negative feedback:[/b]

Peter,

I???m not sure how to respond to this. I strikes me as so utterly absurd that you think leaving negative feedback is a constructive way of dealing with what, as far as I can tell, was not yet a problem, that I???m not sure whether you???re reasonable enough to deal with. What do you expect me to do? Shall I put out an unpaid item strike on your account, which will then be suspended when you fail to pay? Or, when you do pay, should I keep the item for myself since you???ve already given me negative feedback? Remember, we???re talking about an item valued at less than $20US and that I was happy to let you pick up so as to save shipping costs. Please let me know what you intend to do about this negative feedback, if anything, so that I may respond appropriately.

Regards,

Dan

Peter,

In case you???re not aware of this aspect of eBay policy, I???m bringing it to your attention:

???Members could be held legally responsible for damages to a member's reputation if a court were to find that the remarks constitute libel or defamation. Because eBay does not censor feedback or investigate it for accuracy, eBay is not legally responsible for the remarks that members post, even if those remarks are defamatory. However, the law does not protect the person who leaves the feedback from responsibility for it.???

As you may know, I happen to be a law student. Not only do you live in Toronto, but I have your address. It would be very little trouble for me to bring an action against you in small claims court. Given that there is no evidentiary basis for your claim, there???s no reason to think the court would not find in my favour. You would be responsible for my costs and yours.

Let me make clear that I am not threatening you. I have no interest in pursuing this issue any more than necessary. I am merely illustrating that your actions have consequences that may extend beyond the Internet. I take this very seriously and you should as well.

Allow me to suggest the following solution. This URL takes you to eBay???s form for Mutual Feedback Withdrawal: http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MFWRequest. There you can request for your negative feedback to be withdrawn. When this happens, I will be pleased to finalise our transaction in the normal way as was always my intention.

Regards,

Dan

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    how do you know danno deleted your post? the truth of the matter is you dont.

This has nothing to do w/ me, but...

When I clicked on the thread a little while ago mojo's original post said "deleted by danno3000". Then a few minutes later the entire thread was gone. Shit looks to me.

I would also like to add that I've traded w/ Danno a few times and dude has been NOTHING but a stand up guy!

Nope, it was me and I stand by my decision.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    For those who missed it, Danno3000 just deleted my post about how to effectively complete our eBay transaction.

Basically, I won a record from him, and I guess he didn't get as much as he wanted for it. He's ignored my emails asking for a total with shipping since. I marked all PM's and emails to him 'read receipt', and what do you know, he got them all but didn't care to respond.

Of course, him deleting my post just makes me want to leave him negative feedback.

So....be right back, I gots me some feedback to leave!

Whatever happened to posting something like: "Danno3000: Check your PM's!"

does this thread give you a libel case? if so how much could you sue for?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    A million skillion fafillion dollars

Wait a second. This dude is from Toronto, registered here 6 months ago & has an ebay account for just as long...

Could this be the infamous "KING OF DIGGING?"

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

That's a really interesting question. I know online liability is still a fairly nascent aspect of the law, particularly in Canada and I'm certainly no authority. In any event, all I would want is the feedback removed and the costs of the proceedings. It would actually be kind of fun to see how it played out--the stakes are pretty minimal but the issue itself is really interesting. But really, who wants to bother? I certainly don't have the time or inclinating for bothering with small claims court (but don't push me mister angry ebayer!)

sounds like you need to take some extra curricular action on this dude.

A good lawyer could probably get him a Stark Reality, a sealed copy of Thrust & a Mulatu.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    is today little dude day? first hcrink/pookeyblow now this? both over 15 dollar records no less

A good lawyer could probably get him a Stark Reality, a sealed copy of Thrust & a Mulatu.
    Can I hire you?

Seriously, this is my first soulstrut beef! It's got me feeling all tingly and excited. I feel like I've just passed a milestone. Now can we start talking Project Blowed?

how to turn a $15 record into a holy grail: ebay libel. a coffee table book idea.

you're mad emotional right now, you might wanna go outside and take a deep breath of fresh air.

according to your feedback you've been an ebay member for 6 months to the day, maybe you uhh jumped the gun a lil bit here?

i'm saying its highly possible.

Because it said 'post deleted by Danno3000' right before the thread vanished entirely.

I'm don't need any fresh air, either - I'm just sick of games on eBay and suckers who can't follow through.