favorite jorge ben album

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I never really had any of his stuff but I'm definatly feeling it. I've been listening to A T??bua de Esmeralda and africa brasil. Which album should I check out next?

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

Thanks...you're a good egg

another question...what's the going rate on A T??bua de Esmeralda ???

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
    "samba esquema novo" is utterly fabtastic if you skip the "mas que nada" track

/L

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

go here www.sabadabada.com and you can get it free

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

this one comes highly recommended.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    so I'm playing A T??bua de Esmeralda for my wife and 6 year old daughter... I'm like "how great is this album" and they're like ....
    should I get a divorce?

has anybody reissued this on vinyl? I would like an og though....

this one comes highly recommended.

You can pick up a reasonably prices 180 gram reissue of this one still if you look around on line for it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    it's on the ebay pretty regularly. (A Tabua..., not Negro...)

and by reasonable, I mean expensive $35

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Batches, we have had this discussion before and it is impossible to pick favorites--he is one of those artists that you need all his schitt (at least up thru Africa Brasil).

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    go here www.sabadabada.com and you can get it free

That Osmar Milito record you have up is the Argentine press... I have no problem with that, but the track titles are in Spanish! Maybe replace them with or add the Portuguese track titles?

they are also slightly different then the Brazilian pressing (maybe 2 or three songs are different). You can pick up the Brazilian original on CD now from sambastore.com

I post 'em as they appear on the LP.

Im also really digging track 4 on Side one of O Bofe, it is also Osmar Milito and Quarteto Forma.

• SoulificSoulific 103 Posts
    If you want some cheap stuff give 'Energia' a try. It's his 1986 release on Soma and it's undoubtly great.

Check out these tracks:
    Banda Do Ze Pretinho
    Viva Sao Pedro
    Adelita
    Salve Simpatia

Have fun!