HALITOSIS!

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
What's up with people who have chronic halitosis? There are a couple dudes I run into on the semi-regular basis who greet me everytime with the foulest breath I have ever smelled in my life, no exaggeration. The last time I said what's up to cat, I got a reply that knocked me cold off my feet. I also made the mistake of inhaling in as he talked which left a wretched taste in the back of my mouth! Do people with bad breath smell it too and just not give a fuck, or what?Anyone ever dated, worked or (been) friends with someone who breathed hot garbage fire on the regular?How did you deal with it?

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    You know that smells are really tiny bits of whatever's on the back of his tongue? Same goes for farts.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• I used to have a boss who smelled like he took a full ashtray, added scotch and salami and heated in on the stove. Motherfucker would singe off your eyebrows from four feet away.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I got some co-workers who reek of moth balls of the breath.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I smoke and drink black coffee so I'm extremely conscious of the state of my breath. My workmate does neither and yet his breath smells worse than my pet cat's, and it's been dead for ten years.

A part of me wishes I could tell him but for now I stick to laughing about it with my other mates behind his back.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Do people with bad breath smell it too and just not give a fuck, or what?

all the stank mouth's in my world are ALL heavy weed smokers. time to clean your bongs fellas!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I had a math teacher in highschool that had no sence of smell or taste and he had the worst breath I have ever smelled. I think I almost failed the class because I never asked questions. If you did he would come to your desk. Fuck that shit.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    it's not a pretty link, but bad breath is also caused by bad digestion (as in not going enough).

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I like to think of it this way. Especially with regards to tunnel people who haunt the subways and smell like I don't know what.

If you smell it, it means little particles are coming off of them and entering your body through your nose.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    These people must not have wives/girlfriends. My woman will not let me get 10 feet of her if I got foul breff.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    it's not a pretty link, but bad breath is also caused by bad digestion (as in not going enough).

true. that and a congested liver. but there's only a few ways to clear that up. all of which are a bad look..

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    If you smell it, it means little particles are coming off of them and entering your body through your nose.

You just helped validate one of my worst suspicions.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    These people must not have wives/girlfriends.

or friends? friends don't let friends go out in the world looking/smelling bad....i like to be told i need gum/have something in my teeth/have an errant hair sticking out of head/soy sauce on my shirt/etc.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Hand him a mint or a stick of gum.

Put one of those medical masks over your face and tell him you have a cold.

Anonymously mail him a bottle of Scope.

Send him one of these.

When you see him coming, run the other way.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Aww man. I can't stand folks w/ the dragon. Did you ever notice that folks w/ the foulest breath are very talkative?

Dookie breath...

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    Aww man. I can't stand folks w/ the dragon. Did you ever notice that folks w/ the foulest breath are very talkative?

bad breath + very talkative = coffee addict

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

or friends? friends don't let friends go out in the world looking/smelling bad....i like to be told i need gum/have something in my teeth/have an errant hair sticking out of head/soy sauce on my shirt/etc.

Isnt this 75% of the rekkid collecting community?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Funny...my post was inspired by two record dudes.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Funny...my post was inspired by two record dudes.

Moldy records, moldy mouf.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I like to think of it this way. Especially with regards to tunnel people who haunt the subways and smell like I don't know what.

You know, people always say that, but I'm curious about the science behind the claim. I'm not saying I think you're wrong, just that it seems like smells caused by gasses would smell because of the gas, like methane f'rinstance, as opposed to "little particles."

More to the topic at hand, for those of you who have coworkers or friends with this problem, better you actually tell them (or at least let them know) in a kind, sympathetic way, rather than laugh behind their back. Just think, we're all getting old, and someday you may be the one that stinks!

*Edited to point out that I just looked up the cause of the foul smell in farts, and apparently it's from the sulfur, not the methane as I implied above. That makes sense, now that I think of it.

**Further edited to point out that I just read that
    hydrogen sulfide is actually what stinks to high heaven, not just any old sulfur. You may wonder why I'm putting so much time into researching this. I don't really know. I guess I'm extremely bored.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    This would cure the problem for most people with poopoo breath:

This doesn't work for the cases that are caused by digestion problems, though.

The rest would benefit a lot from brushing their tongue every time they brush their teeth. Simple as that.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

You know, people always say that, but I'm curious about the science behind the claim. I'm not saying I think you're wrong, just that it seems like smells caused by gasses would smell because of the gas, like methane f'rinstance, as opposed to "little particles."

More to the topic at hand, for those of you who have coworkers or friends with this problem, better you actually tell them (or at least let them know) in a kind, sympathetic way, rather than laugh behind their back. Just think, we're all getting old, and someday you may be the one that stinks!

*Edited to point out that I just looked up the cause of the foul smell in farts, and apparently it's from the sulfur, not the methane as I implied above. That makes sense, now that I think of it.

hydrogen sulfide is actually what stinks to high heaven, not just any old sulfur. You may wonder why I'm putting so much time into researching this. I don't really know. I guess I'm extremely bored.

Isnt gas just highly diffused tiny particles?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Isnt gas just highly diffused tiny particles?

I'm just saying that the smell from a fart (or feces in general) probably comes from the gas, which is not the same as the digested or decomposed material the gas is released from.

Again, I don't really know what I'm talking about. Science is not my strong point. Any brainy fecal-fixated strutters want to set the record straight?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

My brother has permanent milk bref.

Has anyone ever been hungover brushing their tounge and go a little too far back and yak due to gag reflex from the brush hitting the back of yer throat???

I have

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts
    STAB is the code word

If your're around a bunch of ladies, and choose not to make your friend seem like a dirty smelly rotten piece of dirt that he is, use STAB.

"Hey Frank you got a serious case of STAB"

S.T.A.B. = STANK ASS BREAth

The worst cause of STAB i think is when you are hungry.

A hungry person who smokes and doesn't practice good hygine