NBA FINALS 2006 - What's Really Good Batchez

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You're a Miami fan and that's the first thing outta yer mouth!

Actually, Shaq was smart enough to back off from the start of this season and let Dwyane Wade take the reins.

Shaq was pretty weak in this run.

"D Wade is the best player ever."

"Coach Riley is the best coach i've ever played for"

"This is the best experience i've ever had"

SHUT IT. seriously, one look on Shaq's face tells everything. This was D WADE'S CHAMPIONSHIP.

A SUPERSTAR HAS EMERGED:

if he develops a long-range game, it will officially be

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2005-06 NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS, THE MIAMI HEAT!!!!

Thanks for a great season, Dallas Mavericks. Even though you came up short when it mattered most, you exceeded almost all expectations.

It is surprising to Mavs fans to be exposed for a remaining lack of heart/toughness after beating S.A. in such fashion, but Miami exposed that remaining lack and their superstar and hungry, hungry veterans would not be denied. I mean really, it's gonna be hard to argue that Wade isn't the best player in the league.

A special "MVP of Game 6" award should go to Alonzo Mourning. What energy and intensity he brought tonight, as well as focus and execution. A phenomenal performance, impacting the game so much in such a short amount of minutes.

A bright spot for the Mavs: the play of Marquise Daniels in the end of the third. He almost single-handedly helped erase the double digit deficit at that time. Way to step up Quise!

I hope no one holds a grudge on me for NBA discussions. I've freely admitted that I'm a raving homer and probably take this stuff way too seriously.

When can we start the NFL thread? I gotta get crackin' on my fantasy team......

YES!!!! I APPROVE OF ZO. Warrior since he was a rookie with the Hornets. Much hyped rookie class, no significant playoff success, couple kidney transplants, comeback into the league, 5 swats in the last game epitomizing his career-long intensity on the court, warrior...RING....I think he has another good year left in him, and I'd love to see him play.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

BUT, he is the best basketball writer going today, and I give him a large share of credit for making me care about the NBA again.

Please be serious.

That dude is a piece of schitt.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Congrats to the Heat and their fans.

The more mature, veteran team won.

D. Wade showed he's a top player in the league

And Mark Cuban proved that having billions doesn't buy class.

One of the best NBA Playoffs overall in recent memory.

Props to Avery Johnson for what he did in his rookie year as coach.

Glad to see Shaq win another ring.

Hope the Mavs can mature and continue to improve.

• tdotctdotc 17 Posts
    #3, Mavs will get the whistles. The entire team and brass gave Stern and the refs a REAL hard time and, oh I don't know, I just have a feeling that the calls are gonna fall Dallas' way.

Yea I also think Mavs will take tonight's game. I agree with everything stated but definitely agree with the above quote.

Free throws:

Dallas: 23
    Miami: 37
    Wade: 21

We were way off.

Dallas had their chances last night and missed way too many shots. They had no killer instinct. Seems like a completely different team than the one that beat the Spurs and Suns, and in the first 2 games of this series. Complete meltdown after game 3.

Congrats to Miami.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    yeah... you know there were some calls I didn't agree with (on both sides, actually) but the calls made so little difference, it was really the Mavs' inability to hit the big shots that made the difference. Really seemed like they couldn't get it together, and after coming out the gate with fury they quickly cooled down and kind of unravelled. The Miami players' collective playoff experience definitely showed.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    there was a point in the 3rd quarter when it became obvious that Miami was/is just the better team. dallas was missing jump shots and miami was getting offensive help from people other than Wade, particularly from my dawg ANTOINE WALKER.

speaking of Antoine, the highlight of the game was in the third quarter, when he drove to the hoop and got that And-1. after falling down from the contact, he looked straight into the camera and gave his 1998 style shoulder-shimmy. that shit has been played out for close to 10 years. leave it to 'Toine to bring it back.

i also agree with Zo deserving a trophy. he was a monster last night and his physical enthusiasm after each block was out of control (in a good way). him and antoine should develop a routine, sorta like an nfl touchdown dance.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    GP has a ring!!! GP has a ring!!!

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

BUT, he is the best basketball writer going today, and I give him a large share of credit for making me care about the NBA again.

Please be serious.

Well...in the face of such soundly reasoned and articulated arguments, I best get serious...

I stand by what I said. If you would like to tell me who you prefer reading as an NBA analyst, maybe we can talk about that. But, throwing cow pies just isn't that satisfying today.

• BUT, he is the best basketball writer going today, and I give him a large share of credit for making me care about the NBA again.

Please be serious.

Well...in the face of such soundly reasoned and articulated arguments, I best get serious...

I stand by what I said. If you would like to tell me who you prefer reading as an NBA analyst, maybe we can talk about that. But, throwing cow pies just isn't that satisfying today.

maybe he's a Scoop Jackson guy.......

Please be serious.

MAN...that guy...

Gene- sorry for the tough loss. Showed some class in your Cuban-esque applause post.

Congrats to the Heat. My hatred of Alonzo Mourning is outweighed by my awe at D. Wade and love of Shaq and 'Toine.

Please be serious.

Pretty sure he's a disciple of Pete Vescey.

Please be serious.

Pretty sure he's a disciple of Pete Vescey.

P. Vescey was the other name that I would put up there. Different styles, but his analysis is always on point.

that was pretty much an underhanded jab at Senor Swanky.

that was pretty much an underhanded jab at Senor Swanky.

Fuck. selfson, as I got my vecsey's mixed up.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Please be serious.

Scoop has fallen off grotesquely ever since he got with ESPN.com

I did used to really like him, though.

• BUT, he is the best basketball writer going today, and I give him a large share of credit for making me care about the NBA again.

Please be serious.

Man, I have to strongly disagree w/ calling Bill Simmons "a piece of schitt". Too NE-centric for you? Too many film/tv/music references? Maybe he's just the sportswriter of choice for "young white guy".

Please be serious.

Man, I have to strongly disagree w/ calling Bill Simmons "a piece of schitt". Too NE-centric for you? Too many film/tv/music references? Maybe he's just the sportswriter of choice for "young white guy".

I live in Boston, and work for one of the teams, and I think he is too NE centric (i think that of the entire East coast SPorts Network). That is an ultra valid criticism.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Well, basketball is over for a while now. That sucks. But at least we got some kick-ass playoffs on the way out.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Well, basketball is over for a while now. That sucks. But at least we got some kick-ass playoffs on the way out.

Well, the draft's next wednesday too. I geek out over that shit, a little bit...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    The finals kicked my ass!

I've been staying up until 12:00-12:30 a.m watching the finals and it sucked because I had to wake up at 5:00 a.m. It was worth it though. The Heat showed a lot of determination. Game 3,...nuff said. It's cool to see players like GP and 'Zo finally get a ring.

Now we all get to sit thru the MLB season.

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    Simmons and his endless Shawshank Redemption and Pearl Jam references and metaphors can be really grating to me. However, that particular article was a great read, even if I didn't agree with everything he said.

Scoop Jackson is the truth. I agree with whoever said Peter Vescey fell off somewhat. I was surprised with the accuracy of Greg Anthony's post-game commentating about the relationship between Shaq and Wade though. While Tim Legler's shameless anti-kobe stance is unbearable. He falls into the same category as Tom fucking Tolbert.

can't forget my man Steven A. Smith:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Well, the draft's next wednesday too. I geek out over that shit, a lot...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Well, the draft's next wednesday too. I geek out over that shit, a lot...

I think it's about time to get that thread kickin'...

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    can't forget my man Steven A. Smith:

How anyone can like this man is beyond me.

I like Wade and all but I'm really getting sick of the Jordan comparisons. I mean c'mon.

Yes it does but at least we have baseball all summer long.

• NBA is long though. Camps will be open in about 14 weeks.