NBA FINALS 2006 - What's Really Good Batchez

Comments

• How 'bout those two missed free throws by Howard a couple of seconds earlier

exactly !!! the timeout really wasn't a big deal ....the game was over

Dirk missing another important free throw...Harris blowing lay ups ...that 3 point play after the Mavs dropped the defensive rebound out of bounds ...Wade not being knocked on his ass hard enough ...Van Horn not playing enough (yeah i said it) ..and why isn't Daniels playing ?

That to me was the biggest thing, between Dampier/Dirk/Howard, Dallas went 2 for 5 on the line in crunch time. That's 3 points right there.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Van Horn not playing enough (yeah i said it)

what does he add?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Van Horn not playing enough (yeah i said it)

what does he add?

make Shaq guard him ....high pick and roll

How 'bout those two missed free throws by Howard a couple of seconds earlier

Dirk missing another important free throw...Harris blowing lay ups ...that 3 point play after the Mavs dropped the defensive rebound out of bounds ...Wade not being knocked on his ass hard enough ...Van Horn not playing enough (yeah i said it) ..and why isn't Daniels playing ?

That to me was the biggest thing, between Dampier/Dirk/Howard, Dallas went 2 for 5 on the line in crunch time. That's 3 points right there.

they also started the game off by making 18 in a row. take a look at miami's foul shooting. when shaq misses, they aren't even close. his misses look like they were shots from half-court. its also disturbing that he has a shooting coach telling him to palm the ball and literally throw it at the hoop like it was a baseball. he should try underhanded, wilt chamberlain style.

As much as it hurts to say, you are right. Even with that call, the Mavs didn't do enough to win unfortunately.

Big time right on Daniels, edpowers. He made 2 huge buckets and was tenacious on defense. Avery just has no confidence in the guy, to his detriment.

Dirk.......WHERE ARE YOU MAN??????? WTF????????????

they also started the game off by making 18 in a row. take a look at miami's foul shooting. when shaq misses, they aren't even close. his misses look like they were shots from half-court. its also disturbing that he has a shooting coach telling him to palm the ball and literally throw it at the hoop like it was a baseball. he should try underhanded, wilt chamberlain style.

All I'm saying is that is was crunch time. OT, when it counted.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Dirk.......WHERE ARE YOU MAN??????? WTF????????????

Kicking exercise machines... letting David Hasselhoff sooth his inner softbatch...

• Dirk.......WHERE ARE YOU MAN??????? WTF????????????

Kicking exercise machines... letting David Hasselhoff sooth his inner softbatch...

Why do you torment me so? I'm dyin' over here.......

• Van Horn not playing enough (yeah i said it)

what does he add?

make Shaq guard him ....high pick and roll

I think that's still a win for the Heat. KVH is so inconsistent with his offense ever since G7 of the SA series. He may have hit one 3pt since then. so you have that, then you have the fact that KVH on Shaq is at least a guaranteed 2 FTs for Shaq, if not "and ones".

KVH could see more time as a "4" as Dirk's backup, but it's too dangerous to have him out there as a "5", at least when Shaq is on the court.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Gary Payton's layup was that shit.

Gary Payton's layup was that shit.

that dude has never received his proper shine

Payton > Kidd

Payton > Kidd

Now your buggin'.

Payton > Jason Williams

i'm talking career ....i'd take Payton in his prime before i'd take Kidd

Jason just learned how to shoot last year

i'm talking career ....i'd take Payton in his prime before i'd take Kidd

Whole career. Payton when he was the GLOVE is that shit. That's probably my fav Bulls series.
    But anybody who plays w/ Kidd gets better.

Payton is a scoring PG and used to play D like a crazed vampire.
    Kidd is a distributer and better rebounder.

Ill take the Playmaker.

• Gary Payton's layup was that shit.

left handed prayer HIGH off the glass. dood's making his plays count. that was a dagger.

• Payton > Kidd

Now your buggin'.

I agree, but dude has beeeen illlllll. two huge shots to help the heat won two games. plus he is friends with too short

• Oh well, enough whining.....

How do you all feel about the last two games? Is it academic for the Heat? Can the Mavs win two at home? Let's hear your predictions. My prediction of Mavs in Six is obviously blown. I think we get Game 6. Dunno about Game 7.

Oh well, enough whining.....

How do you all feel about the last two games? Is it academic for the Heat? Can the Mavs win two at home? Let's hear your predictions. My prediction of Mavs in Six is obviously blown. I think we get Game 6. Dunno about Game 7.

Dallas' grind out halfcourt game< open court game. Y'all need to get your tempo back at home.

Oh well, enough whining.....

if the mavs take game 6 its over for the heat. however, as much as i hate shaq, i think he has enough heart to not let the series end without going off at least once. he has been so awful this series that if he doesnt have a monster game in dallas, his legacy will take a major hit and he might be in the history books as more like Ewing/D. Robinson and less like Chamberlain/Russell/Jabbar.

• Oh well, enough whining.....

if the mavs take game 6 its over for the heat. however, as much as i hate shaq, i think he has enough heart to not let the series end without going off at least once. he has been so awful this series that if he doesnt have a monster game in dallas, his legacy will take a major hit and he might be in the history books as more like Ewing/D. Robinson and less like Chamberlain/Russell/Jabbar.

So is Shaq gonna win game 6 for the Heat?

• tdotctdotc 17 Posts
    Didn't see the backcourt play on the highlights this morning though. What happened?

http://www.zippyvideos.com/6005480305406336/violation

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Didn't see the backcourt play on the highlights this morning though. What happened?

I heard this morning that you are in fact allowed to use backcourt on an inbounds in/after the last 2 minutes of regulation. In that case, there was no violation.

• Didn't see the backcourt play on the highlights this morning though. What happened?

I heard this morning that you are in fact allowed to use backcourt on an inbounds in/after the last 2 minutes of regulation. In that case, there was no violation.

That's not the particular "beef" though. It is well known that you can inbound the ball into the backcourt in those situations. I guess Mavs' brass and fans felt like Wade caught the ball in the frontcourt and then took it over and then came back. It was pretty quick and you can hardly tell the way they have the mid-courts done up. Woulda been a tough call and honestly no one seemed to freak about it when it happened.... I wish they woulda called Wade for pushing off on Terry or better yet, just let them all play.....

Whatever though. That's in the past. As the dood in the Mickey D's commercial says as he's skewering DQPwCs..."It's gameday baby."

• tdotctdotc 17 Posts

I'm not saying it was a violation. It was a tough call to make and you can't really tell. I was just sharing the link for some people who didn't see it.

We'll see how it all plays out starting tonight.

without showing your fan bias:

who is gonna win tonite? why? and by how much?

i like the mavs.

home court advantage has been everything so far. dirk is DUE for a huge game. wade will have a hard time getting the same type of momentum he had at home. shaq will be a beast (see my above post) but his hideous foul shooting will be his achilles heal.

mavs by 15*.

*i'm not saying its a guarantee that the mavs win, but i think its either a mavs blowout or heat win. shaq is the wild card. if he FINALLY dominates a game, i like the heat. when you shoot 1-10 from the ft line, its hard to do though.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Mavs.

#1, The players are hopping mad. Them dudes are going to attack the Heat with a ferocity that was missing from the last few games.

#2, Dirk is due.

#3, Mavs will get the whistles. The entire team and brass gave Stern and the refs a REAL hard time and, oh I don't know, I just have a feeling that the calls are gonna fall Dallas' way.

• Like I said yesterday, I'm taking the Mavs in Game 6. They haven't lost 4 straight games all year.....they haven't lost to an EC team at the AAC since Feb 8, 2005.....they have a complete roster for the first time in this series (yes, I'm counting Mbenga!!)...seems like their game.

• tdotctdotc 17 Posts
    #3, Mavs will get the whistles. The entire team and brass gave Stern and the refs a REAL hard time and, oh I don't know, I just have a feeling that the calls are gonna fall Dallas' way.

Yea I also think Mavs will take tonight's game. I agree with everything stated but definitely agree with the above quote.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    who is gonna win tonite? why?

These playoff games have been so unpredictable this season. It's hard to say, but 3 out of 4 times in the regular season, I'd say Dallas would win at home. But Wade(Miami) is really focused right now, and if momentum means anything in a series, Miami is closing it tonight.

Wade is WITHOUT-A-DOUBT, the MVP by the way.

I said Dallas in 5, by the way. Hey if they go to 7, then more basketball for the fans!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Wade is with-a-doubt, the MVP by the way.

Yeah, I have some doubt, too.

Mavs win tonight by 5 points.