NBA FINALS 2006 - What's Really Good Batchez

Comments

• tdotctdotc 17 Posts
    are you saying he was getting bad calls?

I think it's because he was consistently driving to the hoop, cutting in the paint, and Dallas was shooting jumpers.

Wade definitely benefitted from some questionable calls. If I knew that everytime I drove to the hoop that I would benefit from some phantom fouls, I would keep on driving. Now on the other hand, if I knew that everytime I drove to the hoop, and I would get mugged and no fouls would be called, I might just start settling for jump shots. Last 3 games, the Heat have led in free throws.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    The Mavericks (w/the exception of J.Terry) is soft servable.

• are you saying he was getting bad calls?

I think it's because he was consistently driving to the hoop, cutting in the paint, and Dallas was shooting jumpers.

Wade definitely benefitted from some questionable calls. If I knew that everytime I drove to the hoop that I would benefit from some phantom fouls, I would keep on driving. Now on the other hand, if I knew that everytime I drove to the hoop, and I would get mugged and no fouls would be called, I might just start settling for jump shots. Last 3 games, the Heat have led in free throws.

5 on 8 for the Mavs last night.

3rd quarter: Miami shoots 18 free throws. Miami commits 2 fouls on Dallas.

50 FTs to 25. Oh well. Like I said, just tough to take.

Honestly, I'm in "hide the razor blades" territory today.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Wade committed a backcourt on the last play. Do y'all think that was a foul w/ 1.9 seconds left?

Tough loss to take.

Y're pretty much right about Dirk last night, JP, but if you didn't see the end, Dirk hit two huge, clutch shots at the end of regulation and over Shaq in OT. If the Mavs had held on, the shot he hit to get Mavs to 100 would be legendary. It was sick.

word I saw those shots, and they were definitely clutch.

However, the lack of Dirk Dominance perhaps led to the game being even within reach for the Heat.

Didn't see the backcourt play on the highlights this morning though. What happened?

Didn't look like much of a foul, considering the time left. I hate it when refs decide a game's outcome.

• The Mavericks (w/the exception of J.Terry) is soft servable.

MikeB y're killin me...c'mon hommie......

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I thought the attitude was, in the finals, let alone the final seconds, to let teams play it out. The suspension of Stackhouse and the two botched calls last night got the NBA looking pretty

I think it was the Stackhouse suspension that made officiating so weak last night. Almost like if they didn't blow the whistle on every contact, it wouldn't jive with the flagrant they called on Stack. In that light, Wade made a great decision to drive to the hole in the final seconds, knowing that if he stumbled enough in the act of shooting that he'd get to the line, and it worked.

The Mavericks (w/the exception of J.Terry) is soft servable.

I know you're a Mavs fanatic but did you see how they were playing last night??
    I kept my tired ass up until 12:30 watching that with the hopes that Dallas was gonna win. WTF happened? It just seemed that they didn't have any heart towards the end.
    Dirk? Man, that dude...

No offense, GP, but the Mavs were playing like a bunch of batches.

• In that light, Wade made a great decision to drive to the hole in the final seconds take the ball backcourt and then push off on JET w/ his forearm, knowing that if he stumbled enough in the act of shooting that he'd get to the line, and it worked. the refs were in his team's pocket.

• The Mavericks (w/the exception of J.Terry) is soft servable.

I know you're a Mavs fanatic but did you see how they were playing last night??

I kept my tired ass up until 12:30 watching that with the hopes that Dallas was gonna win. WTF happened? It just seemed that they didn't have any heart towards the end.
    Dirk? Man, that dude...

No offense, GP, but the Mavs were playing like a bunch of batches.

I thought they played tough and showed a lot of heart when nothing was going their way, breaks-wise. It was an OT game, and they lost on a tough call by one point. I don't get it. Wade gets EVERY call, we get no calls. That will change in Game 6, I'm sure and then who knows in Game 7.

It's sad, we can all go into Game 6 knowing the refs will call it favorably for Dallas for the NBA can get its Game 7.

I thought they played tough and showed a lot of heart when nothing was going their way, breaks-wise. It was an OT game, and they lost on a tough call by one point. I don't get it. Wade gets EVERY call, we get no calls. That will change in Game 6, I'm sure and then who knows in Game 7.

It's sad, we can all go into Game 6 knowing the refs will call it favorably for Dallas for the NBA can get its Game 7.
    Now that you put it this way...

I guess I'm upset because
    (1) I expected a lot more from Dallas
    and
    (2) I'm cranky from lack of sleep (due to staying up late watching the game)

No hate for the Mavs!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Wade gets EVERY call, we get no calls.

• Wade gets EVERY call, we get no calls.

Y're like a jackal dood....where is your Heat fanship coming from? Where were you in the NBA threads all year? And to think I thought you had just caught a bad rap on this board......

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    In that light, Wade made a great decision to drive to the hole in the final seconds take the ball backcourt and then push off on JET w/ his forearm, knowing that if he stumbled enough in the act of shooting that he'd get to the line, and it worked. the refs were in his team's pocket.

i didnt see the backcourt, but you are tripping if you think a pushoff would have been the right call. wade actually got hit twice on that play, hubie brown pointed that out on the slo-mo replay.

as much as i like wade, terry was really last night with that right-to-left crossover. he froze payton and wade on that move over and over again. i never knew, prior to this series, how much game he had.

shaq was pathetic. not only is his foul shooting an embarassment to basketball, but he is almost useless, except as a passer out of the double-team. granted, they respect him enough to double, but its becoming questionable whether that is even the right move for dallas. shaq hasn't hurt them. if i were avery johnson i'd quit the double and make shaq hit jump hooks and/or free throws. even if he gets off, it will slow the heat down.

when jwill came down in the first quarter and nailed that 3 in terry's mug....

Y're like a jackal dood....where is your Heat fanship coming from? Where were you in the NBA threads all year? And to think I thought you had just caught a bad rap on this board......

• Wade gets EVERY call, we get no calls.

Douche. Don't you have an article about Bavu Blakes to write or sumin'?

Douche. Don't you have an article about Bavu Blakes to write or sumin'?

• Haha. I got that email last week too...

Uh, somebody better wake up Rockadelic Rich I guess.

CMON MAVS!!!!!! TWO GAMES AT HOME!!!!! YOU SCURRED?????????????

Did anyone see the press conferences? Avery was in rare form last night.

Oh, the pain.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    the press confference was straight comedy. I love Avery - he's shut dude up!!! "Stop stuttering!" classic material.

After watching Dallas cruise thru game 2, I really didn't imagine this scenario whatsoever. Miami looked so outmatched, but now I actually think a game 7 is gonna happen.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    the NBA should be ashamed for calling that foul
    considering the circumstances

Dallas should be ashamed for that Hack a Shaq bullshit ....i've seen it done a million times and it never leads to victory

i guess Dwayne Wade is the new American Idol

Josh Howard has had his head up his ass the entire series

Dirk is playing like a woman

Dampier is a woman

• the NBA should be ashamed for calling that foul
    considering the circumstances

Dallas should be ashamed for that Hack a Shaq bullshit ....i've seen it done a million times and it never leads to victory

i guess Dwayne Wade is the new American Idol

Josh Howard has had his head up his ass the entire series

Dirk is playing like a woman

Dampier is a woman

I thought Dampier had been pretty solid in the series. He can't guard Shaq one-on-one, but which centers can?

Hack-a-Shaq resulted in 1-4 for shaq. What's wrong with that?

Go ahead and blame Josh Howard for calling that timeout, but I saw Avery jumping up and down making the TO sign above his head...which obviously prompted Howard to ask for one. Sure, Avery might have been saying "wait until the shot is made" as he did it, but by seeing his body english alone I had already said to wife "why is Avery asking for a timeout before the shot" a few seconds before Howard followed suit and screwed the pooch for his team.

Hack-a-Shaq resulted in 1-4 for shaq. What's wrong with that?

trust me.....the only way to beat a Shaq team in a 5/7 game series is to let him get his points ...trap Wade high ...and let everyone else shoot

basically a "Box and 1" extended about 20 ft ...it works

• jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
    Well as usual the refereeing was very questionable, especially in OT. Oh well Miami did what they had to do, win all there games at home. Now the series goes back to Dallas where they play sooo much better. I expect a win tomorrow and look 4 a game 7 thursday night. Go Dallas!!!

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Go ahead and blame Josh Howard for calling that timeout, but I saw Avery jumping up and down making the TO sign above his head...which obviously prompted Howard to ask for one. Sure, Avery might have been saying "wait until the shot is made" as he did it, but by seeing his body english alone I had already said to wife "why is Avery asking for a timeout before the shot" a few seconds before Howard followed suit and screwed the pooch for his team.

right...because obviously the mavs would have scored with the ball at midcourt...and 1.8 seconds on the clock.

howard was a baller last night. if wade would have missed because of the timeout, he'd be the hero. by the way, those might have been the biggest free throws of a finals game since dennis scott's f-up for the magic. wade is a star.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I just want to shout out all the basketball heads who post on the strut pretty much on some 99% basketball shit. Holler.

those might have been the biggest free throws of a finals game since dennis scott's f-up for the magic.

Wasn't that Nick "The Brick" Anderson?

• Go ahead and blame Josh Howard for calling that timeout, but I saw Avery jumping up and down making the TO sign above his head...which obviously prompted Howard to ask for one. Sure, Avery might have been saying "wait until the shot is made" as he did it, but by seeing his body english alone I had already said to wife "why is Avery asking for a timeout before the shot" a few seconds before Howard followed suit and screwed the pooch for his team.

right...because obviously the mavs would have scored with the ball at midcourt...and 1.8 seconds on the clock.

howard was a baller last night. if wade would have missed because of the timeout, he'd be the hero. by the way, those might have been the biggest free throws of a finals game since dennis scott's f-up for the magic. wade is a star.

I don't think the Mavs would've gotten much done in 1.9 seconds, half-court or not.

Yeah, HC is right, it was Nick Ander.

• jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts

How 'bout those two missed free throws by Howard a couple of seconds earlier, if he could of just made one of those, we could of had a possible double OT.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    those might have been the biggest free throws of a finals game since dennis scott's f-up for the magic.

Wasn't that Nick "The Brick" Anderson?

Pretty much the dictionary definition of "choke." I almost couldn't believe that as I watched it.

How 'bout those two missed free throws by Howard a couple of seconds earlier

exactly !!! the timeout really wasn't a big deal ....the game was over

Dirk missing another important free throw...Harris blowing lay ups ...that 3 point play after the Mavs dropped the defensive rebound out of bounds ...Wade not being knocked on his ass hard enough ...Van Horn not playing enough (yeah i said it) ..and why isn't Daniels playing ?