NBA FINALS 2006 - What's Really Good Batchez

Comments

• Avery himself just broke the news on 103.3 in Dallas.

There should be no arguement here. Shit was flagrant - no question.
    But now Darrel Armstrong is gonna have to strongarm Shaq.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised. The doling out of suspensions has been so uneven these playoffs, but I figured in the Finals, they'd just call it a flagrant and be done with it.

You can grab a dood's nuts, but you can't put a hard foul on someone driving for a layup.

We're talking Stackhouse on Shaq here people.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Wow. They suspended him.

This is ridiculous.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Shit was flagrant - no question.

I didn't really see malicious intent by Stackhouse though. Flagrant, but suspension is bogus, considering he was only trying to prevent Shaq from getting an easy bucket, and he did it in the only way possible.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    this "Raiders of the Lost Trophy" bit had me cracking up today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fqN7q4TM4o

• dude the nba is gay as shit now. a suspension over that ?? whatever mayne, even shaq said he didn't mind, because really, it's what stack was supposed to do in that situation. it was a hard foul, fine ... they called a flagrant 1 and got two shots + the ball ... but a fuckin suspsension .. what a bunch of soft pussy shit right there. it was a flagrant because shaq went down hard but stack didnt try to take his head off or anything or just push him in the back .. it's like the nba found this new trick, to suspend people in the playoffs to make it more dramatic, and they're milking the shit out of it. this postseason has been ridiculous with it.

so who's going to start the official nba draft thread. that ho is coming around soon and i bet there will be some shit going down this yr., like trades and shit. hey yuichi will work us with his rudimentary knowledge of the game but i will son the fuck out of all you fags when it comes to nba prospects. who wants to get in a message board scrap about nemanja aleksandrov and paul millsap? thats what i thought

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    dude the nba is gay as shit now. a suspension over that ?? whatever mayne, even shaq said he didn't mind, because really, it's what stack was supposed to do in that situation. it was a hard foul, fine ... they called a flagrant 1 and got two shots + the ball ... but a fuckin suspsension .. what a bunch of soft pussy shit right there. it was a flagrant because shaq went down hard but stack didnt try to take his head off or anything or just push him in the back .. it's like the nba found this new trick, to suspend people in the playoffs to make it more dramatic, and they're milking the shit out of it. this postseason has been ridiculous with it.

I think this is some "Mark Cuban/David Stern Payback Is A Bitch" bullshit.

Third player suspended in the Playoffs, that's gotta be a record!!

But Mavs are still gonna win.

dude the nba is gay as shit now. a suspension over that ?? whatever mayne, even shaq said he didn't mind, because really, it's what stack was supposed to do in that situation. it was a hard foul, fine ... they called a flagrant 1 and got two shots + the ball ... but a fuckin suspsension .. what a bunch of soft pussy shit right there. it was a flagrant because shaq went down hard but stack didnt try to take his head off or anything or just push him in the back .. it's like the nba found this new trick, to suspend people in the playoffs to make it more dramatic, and they're milking the shit out of it. this postseason has been ridiculous with it.

so who's going to start the official nba draft thread. that ho is coming around soon and i bet there will be some shit going down this yr., like trades and shit. hey yuichi will work us with his rudimentary knowledge of the game but i will son the fuck out of all you fags when it comes to nba prospects. who wants to get in a message board scrap about nemanja aleksandrov and paul millsap? thats what i thought

did your imaginary girlfriend dump you again?

Third player suspended in the Playoffs, that's gotta be a record!!

two of them legit, one not.

• i think it's actually on some hulk hogan shit, like 'does you get stronger when your back is against the wall' or what

I think Brandon Roy is the most NBA ready player in the draft.

Lamarcus Aldridge and dude from LSU have the biggest upside.

Adam Morrison is a big health/stamina risk but has all the tools.

Too many players declared early for the draft that won't be drafted.

Next years Draft is what everyone's looking forward to.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

I think Morrison is going to be a one-dimensional player. A scorer period. His defense is crap, he doesn't really rebound and he doesn't pass the ball. At his best, he might be a Glenn Robison, then again, he might be Wally Szerbiak as well.

I think Morrison is going to be a one-dimensional player. A scorer period. His defense is crap, he doesn't really rebound and he doesn't pass the ball. At his best, he might be a Glenn Robison, then again, he might be Wally Szerbiak as well.

I hate to be controversial, but there's so many white ballers that don't quite live up to their superstar status in college. Simply because the game is played differently (nba relies more on individual talent) and because they're not athletic enough. At the same size as Adamn Morrison, Lebron is jumping over canyons.

I see him more as a slightly shorter Tom Chambers with more hustle and natural instinct.

I've been wrong before......many times.

I've been wrong before......many times.

Yea, the thing is there's so many variables when predicting how a college player will play in the L. There's only a handful that actually become superstars, and a handful that become powerful "niche" players. By that I mean, dudes like Dennis Rodman, Ben Wallace, Derek Fisher, Marcus Camby, and Bruce Bowen. They're just as successful as the superstars though, in my mind.

continuing with the rant, I definitely think scorers are more hit or miss than rebounders or passers. There's very few scorers that put up close to 50% AND stay a versatile offensive threat. Those are the ones that become superstars.

adding, I think consistency and versatility are two of the most important factors when determining the effectiveness of a scorer. Consistency because you don't want your primary scorer going between on and off nights. And versatility because when it comes down to crunch time, teams will double and even triple on the best player, and that's when having an assortment of weapons definitely helps.

• I wonder how Morrison's diabetes affect teams' valuation of him?

The homer in me loves Tyrus Thomas.

faded glory: Kick some knowledge on the Bargnani cat, hear he might go as high as first.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The homer in me loves Tyrus Thomas.

I was gonna say. When do you guys think he'll get picked? Is he that real schitt or a dude who just had a great tournament and being drafted without the having proved his potential?

What has he proved, if anything?

• The homer in me loves Tyrus Thomas.

I was gonna say. When do you guys think he'll get picked? Is he that real schitt or a dude who just had a great tournament and being drafted without the having proved his potential?

What has he proved, if anything?

really, not much. he's the player this year - there's one erry year - who overplays his hand and tries to cash in on the hype surrounding him going into the draft. it was gerald green last year and, to a much lesser extent, josh smith the year before. both guys went from being concensus top-3 picks to late lottery after a complete freefall.

ty thomas' problem is that he obviously can't play power forward in the nba, especially after the official measurements are in - he's a little over 6'8", 217 pounds. he's in no way, shape, or form a power forward. so he's kind of playing this card of how he was a guard before he hit a late growth spurt and can play on the perimeter ... so, according to his camp, he's a small forward at the nba level. yet nobody's ever seen any evidence that he can play that position. and he refuses to work out against competition to prove it. don't be surprised if he's the one with the matt leinart look on his face on draft night.

andrea bargnani is pretty far off. he could be pretty good ... the comparisons with dirk are a bit of a stretch, but he's closer to dirk than he is to, say, maciej lampe. put it that way. he's going to need a lot of coaching, but there's talent there. he settles for his jumper too much and lets that dictate the kind of game he's going to have ... but that was a problem that dirk also had coming into the league. he won't go #1 overall - don't ever, ever listen to chad ford, ever - but he'll be in the mix somewhere. bear in mind that a lot of these teams are only going to be able to evaluate him through game tape so it's not like he's a lock to be at the top of the list or anything. i have a feeling that toronto might trade down and draft him, which will hedge colangelo some, but will end up being a mistake. he won't mesh well with bosh, he won't quite pan out the way he should, he doesn' thave the personality to compensate for his predraft hype. think pau gasol on the perimeter?

1 - morrison, 2 - aldridge, 3 - gay, 4 - roy, 5 - ......... shelden williams. thats my best guess

• heres a link i found for that dude
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LnSTJuCuI8&mode=related&search=
    i strongly suggest you turn the volume all the way down
    plus he cant come into the league with a gay nickname like 'the magician'
    and these game tapes of euro players are always kind of misleading because they make them seem all hard when the hit open jumpers from the top of the key and shit .. their 'highlight reels' are a little more rugged than ours in the US

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

I think Brandon Roy is the most NBA ready player in the draft.

Lamarcus Aldridge and dude from LSU have the biggest upside.

Too many players declared early for the draft that won't be drafted.

Next years Draft is what everyone's looking forward to.

I'm a Washington guy and you're right. Brandon won't be spectacular but he will be a great 2nd or 3rd option in the NBA. He makes great decisions, plays d and has enough athleticism to score on his own.

Morrison is actually a lot like Tom Chambers, though I think Chambers was more explosive athletically. This whole nock about him not playing d is kinda bullshit because barely anybody who scores really plays defense anymore. Morrison can get his own shot, I see him as a instant offense guy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ever since the high-schoolers have been joining the L, the draft has become boring. The real talent is in the bottom half of the list. Cats who go late and the second round. Stories like Andy Bogut is so

On the real - This shit is for another thread after the Finals in done, so take that college bullshit somewhere else.

Meanwhile back in the Dallas training facility...............

Who gets StackHouse's minutes? KVH/Armstrong/Griffin/Harris?

• Who gets StackHouse's minutes? KVH/Armstrong/Griffin/Harris?

marquis daniels

• Who gets StackHouse's minutes? KVH/Armstrong/Griffin/Harris?

marquis daniels

Quise will get his. KVH will see more mins. Probably Griff too. Don't forget...Mbenga is back too baby!!!!

More importantly, Avery moved the team 45 mins outside of Miami. "We have a vacation mentality" he said. Time to flip that to a bunker mentality, which he did. Hope this helps them regain some measure of focus. This game is huge tomorrow night!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This game is huge tomorrow night!

Yeah. Shit is 0-0. The new tone is gonna be set.

Look for big things from Jason Williams in Game 5.

This game is huge tomorrow night!

Yeah. Shit is 0-0. The new tone is gonna be set.

Look for big things from Jason Williams in Game 5.

Welcome back faded glory!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

• tdotctdotc 17 Posts
    Free throws:

Dallas: 25

Miami: 49

D. Wade: 25

Wade gets as many as the entire Dallas team?

are you saying he was getting bad calls?

I think it's because he was consistently driving to the hoop, cutting in the paint, and Dallas was shooting jumpers.

That last sequence was tragic but I went to sleep with Dallas ahead by 9 and looking like the game was in hand. What happened?

Also,

Dirk = 20 points =

There were at least two questionable, game changing events last night:

Wade getting fouled (???) driving to the hoop at the end and getting those free throws.

and

The time out controversy with Josh Howard, Avery, and the refs.

I think Dallas should have had that game, but have to give the Heat credit for coming thru in OT. Shit was bugged.

right, that did not look at all like a foul when I watched the replay this morning...

I thought the attitude was, in the finals, let alone the final seconds, to let teams play it out. The suspension of Stackhouse and the two botched calls last night got the NBA looking pretty

yo

• Wade committed a backcourt on the last play. Do y'all think that was a foul w/ 1.9 seconds left?

Tough loss to take.

Y're pretty much right about Dirk last night, JP, but if you didn't see the end, Dirk hit two huge, clutch shots at the end of regulation and over Shaq in OT. If the Mavs had held on, the shot he hit to get Mavs to 100 would be legendary. It was sick.