NBA FINALS 2006 - What's Really Good Batchez

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    is that you? LOL

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    There are a lot of shot-jacking, turning the ball over two guards in this league that are a butt-hair away from D Wade's game.

Whoever typed this idiocy needs to go back to the lab and come tighter.

Oh snap! Another b-ball scientist weighs in.

That'd be me.

D Wade in this series =

Game 1 11/25 with 5 TOs
    Game 2 6/19 with 4 TOs
    Game 3 14/26 with 1 TOs (can't front on that one)

I bet he shoots sub 50% with at least 4 TOs tonight.

How much better is D Wade than these following players: Gil Arenas, AI, Ray Allen, Michael Redd, Rip Hamilton, J Rich?? How would those players fare if they were playing 2 guard for the Heat with Shaq?

Wade is better than all of those dudes, including AI at this point in his career.

And none of them would be able to navigate the clogged lanes that Shaq inhabits as does Wade.

10 turnovers in 3 games for the guy who handles the ball more than anyone else, especially during crunch-time from the 2-spot, is not bad at all.

You're reaching...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    ... but does he make STRONG CHEST PASSES?

• is that you? LOL

Naw mang, we all know you are the "basketball scientist".

... but does he make STRONG CHEST PASSES?

Flagrant foul! cuz it was intentional and forced.

• Current events have conspired to make D Wade the hot name on the casual basketball fan's lips. We'll see how his career progresses as the Big Aristotle continues to look more and more like a mere mortal. Like I said, I still put him in the Top 10.

Here's how I'd rank 'em:

Bron
    Kobe
    Dirk
    Duncan
    Amare
    Shaq
    Nash
    Wade
    KG
    Brand

Two Suns, two Heat. Interesting.

• Alright you maniacs, I'm off to get ready for the game. Gonna put on my D Wade jersey, holler at some tree and some brew and some Finals in HD. Y'all enjoy the game tonight...GO MAVS!!!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I've been a heat fan since Sherman Douglas and Rony Seikaly were the "star" players, but this is definitely Dallas's year. The heat have NO bench and JW (please hit an open jumper) & AW (ez on the trigger finger) are mediocre role players @ best. I was shocked when they (wade) pulled that game 3 comeback out of their asses.

I have a strong feeling the heat will use the momentum from the last game to take tonight???s game. Still, IMHO Dallas will take it in 6.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Fuck......all of this will be over in a week.

I'm gonna have to start reading those HC/FR Hip-Hop threads to get my weekly fill of whining asshurt hatters.

Wake me up when the Heat are up 3-2

Flash saves the day again. Can they carry this momentum into Dallas? It's gonna be tough. The Mavs play exceptionaly well at home.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Flash saves the day again. Can they carry this momentum into Dallas? It's gonna be tough. The Mavs play exceptionaly well at home.

This doesnt matter yet. For some inexplicable reason, the Finals home-away sequence goes 2-3-3 instead of the normal 2-2-1-1-1. Nobody on God's green earth seems to know why this is. I suppose the distorted logic is that the 2-3-2 sequence is more likely to extend the series which is what the league wants: the more games the better. But, winning three games in a row is really fucking difficult, even if they are at home.

Anyway, I'm greatly disappointed in Dallas's poor showing tonight. You can chalk a lot of it up to poor shooting, but that beginning of the 4th quarter was so fucking frustrating. Dallas got 3 or 4 turnovers in a row with a chance to cut the lead down significantly from the not-so-dangerous 10 points it was currently at. 3 or 4 turnovers in a row but no points to show for it. Pathetic.

Winner of Game 5 is finna win the series. I still say it's Dallas, but who knows now. Games 1 and 2 and 85% of game 3 they looked convinced they were the better team. After the game 3 flop, they dont' have that "we're obviously the better team" swagger. We'll see what happens.

-e

2-3-2

oh yea. i guess what you said was right about having a longer series. But from the player's and coaches' perspectives, i doubt anybody wants to fly back and forth between cities.

• jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
    I'm still not worried for Dallas, Dirk and Josh had bad games that's all. They'll get their act together Sunday (I hope) and again remember last 2 games are at Dallas where the Mavs play exceptionally well. All the Mavs have to do I steal one in Miami, this Sunday is it.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Heat just laid a good upper cut to the collective jaw of Dallas. They completely took the Mavs out of their game. Dirk looked pitiful out there and he got more and more perimeter as the game progressed. 7 points in the 4th quarter! A new all-time low since the shot-clock! It's finally become a series. I'm glad because I thought Dallas was going to run away with it.

Dirk looked pitiful out there and he got more and more perimeter as the game progressed.

S O F T[/b]

everyone wanted to know what would happen once Dirk started getting denied and banged around... this is why he will never be truly great as a big man... no post game... when that shot isn't falling, dude is a mess.

• Dirk looked pitiful out there and he got more and more perimeter as the game progressed.

S O F T[/b]

everyone wanted to know what would happen once Dirk started getting denied and banged around... this is why he will never be truly great as a big man... no post game... when that shot isn't falling, dude is a mess.

Well, I know your opinion is cemented, but I think it's a rush to judgement to overlook the body of work Dirk has put down in the playoffs because of one bad game and go back to cries of "soft". The Heat put on an exhibition of EC defense last night, and the refs called the game in an EC style (not a complaint, just an observation). He had a bad game. Doesn't make him "soft". That's BS. He's done much more "non-soft" stuff than he has "soft" in the playoffs. GTFOHWTBS.

Props to the Heat though, they've defended him better than anyone in the playoffs, including the Spurs.

• As to game 4:

Ain't that some shit?

Lockdown Defensive performance by the Heat.

It's not just a series, it's ad: Miami.

I still believe in these Mavs, but that was a "woodshed" game.

OH well, 3 more games in the season, let's get it done Mavs.

Dirk looked pitiful out there and he got more and more perimeter as the game progressed.

S O F T[/b]

Well, I know your opinion is cemented, but I think it's a rush to judgement to overlook the body of work Dirk has put down in the playoffs because of one bad game and go back to cries of "soft". The Heat put on an exhibition of EC defense last night, and the refs called the game in an EC style (not a complaint, just an observation). He had a bad game. Doesn't make him "soft". That's BS. He's done much more "non-soft" stuff than he has "soft" in the playoffs. GTFOHWTBS.

Props to the Heat though, they've defended him better than anyone in the playoffs, including the Spurs.

Well you know I've always felt that Dirk was just a shooter, but he definitely can drive to the basket, as I've learned this year...

however, it was always a question what would happen when he came up against some hard physical defense and I think last night was the answer: FOLD. Let's not forget, this is how he used to react to paint contact: retreat to the outside, shoot threes. Which is great, if they're dropping...

Dirk's a great player to be sure, but he has a very soft streak in him and he seems not to be able to tough it out in the paint. If the Heat can keep him on the perimeter Dallas will lose.

Btw Wade showed you his ass last night

• Well, I disagree. Dirk took the ball to the hoop a ton of times last night. Tons. How do you think he got all those FT attempts and still scored 16 points while shooting 2-14? He took several hard fouls and got up and hit Free Throws. I just don't see how that all adds up to soft. The refs were allowing a lot of contact for the Heat last night. A LOT. Dirk sucked, but it wasn't cos he was soft, it's cos his shots weren't falling.

I'm just glad D Wade was able to overcome what was assuredly a horrendous knee injury to come out and play like that.

• It was one game anyway. I know this thread is full of over-reaction, so push your particular agenda re: Dirk until game 5 when he comes out and puts the on some folls.

• Anyway, I'm greatly disappointed in Dallas's poor showing tonight. You can chalk a lot of it up to poor shooting, but that beginning of the 4th quarter was so fucking frustrating. Dallas got 3 or 4 turnovers in a row with a chance to cut the lead down significantly from the not-so-dangerous 10 points it was currently at. 3 or 4 turnovers in a row but no points to show for it. Pathetic.

You sure are right.

Well, I know your opinion is cemented, but I think it's a rush to judgement to overlook the body of work Dirk has put down in the playoffs because of 3 bad games[/b].

Dirk has definitely stepped up his game this playoffs. But he has yet to shed the soft label. Why? Because part of it is, especially for a man 7 feet tall, that when the jumper isn't working you can back it up with some moves in the lane. Dirk has a tendency to disappear at crucial moments. He's got 3 more games to prove himself as beyond what we've known about him for years, but unless he digs a little deeper - and Jason Terry steps up to share the leadership role that Dirk obviously can't handle all on his own - the Mavs are done for.

Why? Because of that dude you were knocking yesterday ----> Dwayne Muthafuckin Wade.

I recall your shot being that it's "casual fans of basketball" who are the ones on Wade's jock. And then of course you added the tired "but he plays with Shaq" addendum.

^^^TOTAL GARBATION^^^

Your ranking of players too.

The top tier of players includes:

Kobe
    Lebron
    DWade

Then there's:

Duncan
    Shaq
    Nash

Drop down another tier, pass up:

KG

and only then can you start talking about Dirk.

And if he has another choke game within the next week, then just don't talk about him at all.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Current events have conspired to make D Wade the hot name on the casual basketball fan's lips. We'll see how his career progresses as the Big Aristotle continues to look more and more like a mere mortal. Like I said, I still put him in the Top 10.

Here's how I'd rank 'em:

Bron
    Kobe
    Dirk
    Duncan
    Amare
    Shaq
    Nash
    Wade
    KG
    Brand

Two Suns, two Heat. Interesting.

wade can hang with the two players you have on that list that play his position but i would give kobe and lebron a slight edge. wade is killing the mavs but they would have an even harder time trying to stop 'bron from overpowering their guards and kobe from being kobe.

a few things i noticed last night:

- shaq has really fallen off. his footwork is MUCH slower than it used to be.

- maybe wade is a baby.

there was one moment where he was starting to pout about getting hit in the face, but when he noticed that he was wide open on the wing, he immediately called for the ball and drove to the hoop. of course, when he missed, he went right back to pouting.

- jason williams had 6 assists and 1 turnover!

Well, I disagree. Dirk took the ball to the hoop a ton of times last night. Tons. How do you think he got all those FT attempts and still scored 16 points while shooting 2-14? He took several hard fouls and got up and hit Free Throws. I just don't see how that all adds up to soft. The refs were allowing a lot of contact for the Heat last night. A LOT. Dirk sucked, but it wasn't cos he was soft, it's cos his shots weren't falling.

I'm just glad D Wade was able to overcome what was assuredly a horrendous knee injury to come out and play like that.

No, getting up and hitting free throws is his job. That doesn't make him tough. I call soft because, as the game went on, the drives went down, the freethrows went down, and he backed his shot out to the perimeter where he was not only bricking shots he normally makes - but taking really ill-advised shots with no chance of landing.

I know you hate to admit it but Dirk did not show up last night. He wasn't a factor. Do you have his asst #s handy? I'd be interested to know those.

• Well, I disagree. Dirk took the ball to the hoop a ton of times last night. Tons. How do you think he got all those FT attempts and still scored 16 points while shooting 2-14? He took several hard fouls and got up and hit Free Throws. I just don't see how that all adds up to soft. The refs were allowing a lot of contact for the Heat last night. A LOT. Dirk sucked, but it wasn't cos he was soft, it's cos his shots weren't falling.

No, getting up and hitting free throws is his job. That doesn't make him tough. I call soft because, as the game went on, the drives went down, the freethrows went down, and he backed his shot out to the perimeter where he was not only bricking shots he normally makes - but taking really ill-advised shots with no chance of landing.

I know you hate to admit it but Dirk did not show up last night. He wasn't a factor. Do you have his asst #s handy? I'd be interested to know those.

I'll go you one better, not only did Dirk not show up, the whole team didn't really show up, but I don't want to take credit away from the Heat defensive effort either. They were as awesome as Dirk & Co. were bad. I feel like Dirk kept his drives going until late in the game. I can't blame them for trying to go out shooting in the end, even though it was NAGL. I have faith in his bounce back game.

• Well, I know your opinion is cemented, but I think it's a rush to judgement to overlook the body of work Dirk has put down in the playoffs because of 3 bad games[/b].

Dirk has definitely stepped up his game this playoffs. But he has yet to shed the soft label. Why? Because part of it is, especially for a man 7 feet tall, that when the jumper isn't working you can back it up with some moves in the lane. Dirk has a tendency to disappear at crucial moments. He's got 3 more games to prove himself as beyond what we've known about him for years, but unless he digs a little deeper - and Jason Terry steps up to share the leadership role that Dirk obviously can't handle all on his own - the Mavs are done for.

Why? Because of that dude you were knocking yesterday ----> Dwayne Muthafuckin Wade.

I recall your shot being that it's "casual fans of basketball" who are the ones on Wade's jock. And then of course you added the tired "but he plays with Shaq" addendum.

^^^TOTAL GARBATION^^^

Your ranking of players too.

The top tier of players includes:

Kobe
    Lebron
    DWade

Then there's:

Duncan
    Shaq
    Nash

Drop down another tier, pass up:

KG

and only then can you start talking about Dirk.

And if he has another choke game within the next week, then just don't talk about him at all.

Fuck outta here. The above is laughable. Stick to writing about yr little rapper buddies, mkay? KG? lol. Dirk didn't finish 3rd in MVP voting twice cos you are right and everyone else is wrong. Did you watch any of the playoffs til now?

Fuck outta here. The above is laughable. Stick to writing about yr little rapper buddies, mkay? KG? lol. Dirk didn't finish 3rd in MVP voting twice cos you are right and everyone else is wrong. Did you watch any of the playoffs til now?

You had Amare ranked ahead of Nash. Did you watch any of the past 2 seasons?

• Fuck outta here. The above is laughable. Stick to writing about yr little rapper buddies, mkay? KG? lol. Dirk didn't finish 3rd in MVP voting twice cos you are right and everyone else is wrong. Did you watch any of the playoffs til now?

I had qualms about that one. It was largely based on Amare's complete dominance of last year's playoffs. He DESTROYED my Mavs, and even though Phoenix got worked by S.A., he put up insane stats in that series. His return is the X-Factor in the Western Conference next year. It has been written that the type of surgery he had can reduce explosiveness.

I'll allow as I may have a anti-Nash bias for reasons that should be obvious.

• I know you hate to admit it but Dirk did not show up last night. He wasn't a factor. Do you have his asst #s handy? I'd be interested to know those.

I don't know why you say that. I'll readily admit Dirk was horrid last night. I said in my first post today "he had a bad game" above.

You're right he wasn't a factor.

There have been games in this series where Shaq (G2) and Wade (G2) were also not factors.

It's a 3 game series now. Let's see if Dallas can reclaim momentum. The game 3 "collapse/comeback" now looms very very large.

And it's pretty crazy to say Dirk has had "3 bad games" in the series. Last night was the only "bad" game he has had in the series.

I had qualms about that one. It was largely based on Amare's complete dominance of last year's playoffs. He DESTROYED my Mavs, and even though Phoenix got worked by S.A., he put up insane stats in that series. His return is the X-Factor in the Western Conference next year. It has been written that the type of surgery he had can reduce explosiveness.

I'll allow as I may have a anti-Nash bias for reasons that should be obvious.

We all know by now that you're a Mavs fan, but this is definitely the jersey that you should be wearing: