World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    If Beckham was the only thing England had going for them...

Show me another player who can't service a ball just fine on a corner kick or on a direct kick. This is like Del Piero-talk all over again. So the guy can cross the ball in -- so can every other player on the pro level. What an overrated skill. You're kicking corners because you're no good in the air, a skill that actually does take considerable talent.

The idea that lack of imagination being the coach's fault = out of your fucking mind. I don't know how a coach can control the imagination of a game when he's not even touching the ball.

Agree once again on Ronaldinho.

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts

Brazil =

France =

Without blabla-ing or making stats or bad analysis, my neighbourhood was in heat yesterday night, all the children were screaming "ALLEZ LES BLEUS" at their windows until 1.00 AM... Damn!!! No need to tell you about all the cars in direction of Paris...

I guess my place is not an exception and from now on...

... FRANCE IS ON

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    let me tell you folls something... strong midfields win championships!!

Frings is doing fine. But where is Germany's midfield? Unless Ballack FINALLY shows his skills, Germany won't ba able to win the cup. Germany has the worst midfield of all semi-finalists. They need to do better. Best offense and defense so far, but no midfield. Frings was the only one pleasing the fans.

FRANCE ABSOLUTELY DESERVED THAT GOAL, but don't forget that Brazil's defense was a catastrophy at that free kick. 4 players standing there, doing nothing. 6 French players against 3 Brazilians in front of the goal. That HAD TO BE A GOAL. The Brazilian defense was snoozing! Anyone calling that goal a beauty is fucking crazy. Brazil was looking ugly. Well executed by France, but it was rather a terrible mistake by Brazil than a beautiful goal by France.

Well done France. I wouldn't mind to see you win the cup! Allez les Blues!

I hope Italy will play fair. I'm a little scared. Totti and company can be madmen on the field. I doubt that Italy will be able to leave this tournament without getting a red card. I'm looking forward to Germany vs. Italy! The Germans really got crazy after the victory over Argentinia.

• Ronaldo is going to get some stick when he gets back to Old trafford I think.

I reckon its mainly Lampard's fault, his whole world cup has been crap and we needed someone like that to be on form to knock a few in. Crouch is shite cunt is just too tall he can't control a ball or get past people, his fucking head is about 2 miles from his feet so when his brain tells his legs to do something they react about an hour later

still I'm not surprised it came to this England only looked convincing for 45 mintues for the whole campaign.

Portugal or Italy won't win though, its down to France and Germany in the final

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    let me tell you folls something... strong midfields win championships!!

But where is Germany's midfield? Unless Ballack FINALLY shows his skills, Germany won't ba able to win the cup. Best defense so far, but no midfield.

I dont know what games you've been watching.....Ballack was on fire against Sweden and the Germans defence is their definite weak point....the Italian defence has deinitely been best, Cannavaro and Zambrotta are as was Nesta before he was injured, its just a shame they're so boring to watch (sorry Jeff)

I'm hoping for France/Germany final.....I reckon the French will win it now

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I dont know what games you've been watching.....Ballack was on fire against Sweden and the Germans defence is their definite weak point....the Italian defence has deinitely been best, Cannavaro and Zambrotta are as was Nesta before he was injured, its just a shame they're so boring to watch (sorry Jeff)

what's the hell? the german defense is brilliant. the italian is just as good. Meretsacker and Metzelder plus Lahm and Freidrich are really great. Frings and Ballack are helping out a lot. Very nice team play.
    Germanys weak point? Get out of here!
    "I don't know what games you've been watching?" What kind of bullshit is that? Is that the only comment you guys can make? Tell me what's wrong with the German defense or you're soft. Oh wait. It's because Metzelder and Mertesacker don't play for AC Milan or Juventus or Real.

I'm not talking about Ballacks defensive play. It's fine. I like him as a defenisive player. But I was talking about his offense. The midfield! The midfield that is supposed to set up chances and goals. Ballack set up the goal against Argentinia, but I give most credit to Borowski for passing the ball to Klose. Ballack played many bad passes. Way too many. I don't like him at the moment. If you know what he is able to do, you'd understand. Ballack at the top of his form is huge, but I'm not satisfied by his offensive play at the moment. He can do much better. He can set up goals nicely.

"What games you been watching?" gets the
    most ignorant and arrogant comment ever. You mad doggie?

what's the hell? the german defense is brilliant. the italian is just as good. Meretsacker and Metzelder plus Lahm and Freidrich are really great. Germanys weak point? Get out of here!

I'm not trying to offend you but I dont think you really get football if you think the German defence is the best at the WC......Mertesacker & Metzelder are very average defenders, face facts, and thats why they dont play for AC or Juventus, they're not good enough....and of the 4 teams left I think the Germans have the weakest of the 4 defences

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I give most credit to Borowski for passing the ball to Klose.

Borowski is the man! He should play from the beginning. I agree on Ballack??s performance: his defensive play is fine, his offensive play is weak. Schweinsteiger is totally overrated, as well as Podolski.
    However, against Italy we need to score first and I am looking forward to get the job done by King Klose (= )

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

what's the hell? the german defense is brilliant. the italian is just as good. Meretsacker and Metzelder plus Lahm and Freidrich are really great. Germanys weak point? Get out of here!

I'm not trying to offend you but I dont think you really get football if you think the German defence is the best at the WC......Mertesacker & Metzelder are very average defenders, face facts, and thats why they dont play for AC or Juventus, they're not good enough....and of the 4 teams left I think the Germans have the weakest of the 4 defences

I won't get into beef with you, but I have to say that you are talking crap! Metzelder has been injured for 2 years and Mertesacker is still too young for moving to a so called big club. Winning 88% of all duels against Argentinian forwards ain't good. Get out of here. Hater!
    Oh, by the way, I studied sports and managed a soccer team. So I guess I know a little more about soccer than the average pub goer.

The German defense is strong. Just as strong as the Italian defense. GET FAMILIAR. Tell me whos better than Italy and Germany! Portugal? Brazil? England? The Netherlands? Chile? New Zealand? Obvioulsy, you're trying to fuck with me.

I won't get into an argument with you. You're offending me.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Winning 88% of all duels against Argentinian forwards ain't good. Get out of here. Hater!

What exactly do you mean by "duel"?

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

hey Grope, Germany Vs Italy, next week !

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

hey Grope, Germany Vs Italy, next week !

Yeah! I'm really looking forward to watching it! Good luck Italy! Play fair! And don't win! Haha!

I think it would be cool if Italy won the cup in Germany! (1990 and stuff).

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Winning 88% of all duels against Argentinian forwards ain't good. Get out of here. Hater!

one on one. i don't know the exact word. what else could i mean? one on one situation, duel, fight...

88% in the first half i think. not the second half. make it 80%... i was just guessing. the german tv said that metzelder won 88% of all his duels after 90 minutes. i'm usually no fan of statistics, but those numbers are
    especially because metzelder and mertesacker are playing very fair. did they get a yellow card at all during the world cup?

the italian defenders nesta and cannavaro have similar percetages... wining 80% of all one-on-one situations is incrdedible. respect!

The German defense is strong. Just as strong as the Italian defense. GET FAMILIAR.

You cant really believe that....fact is the Germans are playing above themselves and the only reason they're in the semis is because they are on home soil....Look at the games before the WC, beaten 4-1 by Italy and lucky to draw 2-2 with Japan...Can you honestly say that you thought the German team would get this far before the tournament started and that the defence was solid??

I'm not saying that German defence is crap I'm just saying that you are exagerating how good they are.....

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts

one on one. i don't know the exact word. what else could i mean? one on one situation, duel, fight...

88% in the first half i think. not the second half. make it 80%... i was just guessing. the german tv said that metzelder won 88% of all his duels after 90 minutes. i'm usually no fan of statistics, but those numbers are
    especially because metzelder and mertesacker are playing very fair. did they get a yellow card at all during the world cup?

the italian defenders nesta and cannavaro have similar percetages... wining 80% of all one-on-one situations is incrdedible. respect!

Those figures don't mean too much, if i was a left back and i had one duel and won it because all the attacking was down the right side then i'd have a 100% record... Germany's defense aren't that good...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

The German defense is strong. Just as strong as the Italian defense. GET FAMILIAR.

You cant really believe that....fact is the Germans are playing above themselves and the only reason they're in the semis is because they are on home soil....Look at the games before the WC, beaten 4-1 by Italy and lucky to draw 2-2 with Japan...Can you honestly say that you thought the German team would get this far before the tournament started and that the defence was solid??

I'm not saying that German defence is crap I'm just saying that you are exagerating how good they are.....

ARSE! so people call me a hater on here? look at this guy. even the italian team said that germany looks strong and totally deserved to win against argentinia.
    which team looked better? you guys are jokes. and i guess that's why most other countries are out already. talking bullshit, doing nothing.

let me put this straight: both of you need to shut up.

, bitches!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Those figures don't mean too much, if i was a left back and i had one duel and won it because all the attacking was down the right side then i'd have a 100% record... Germany's defense aren't that good...

totally deserved to win against argentinia.

I agree, I think Germany deserved to win against Argentina.....the Argentines settled for 1-0 and let Germany back into the game, big mistake and over the 120 minutes I think the right team went through....I think your misunderstanding us Grope, no one is hating on Germany, I'm saying that the Germans defence isnt as good as you might like to believe it to be

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I agree, I think Germany deserved to win against Argentina.....the Argentines settled for 1-0 and let Germany back into the game, big mistake and over the 120 minutes I think the right team went through....I think your misunderstanding us Grope, no one is hating on Germany, I'm saying that the Germans defence isnt as good as you might like to believe it to be

oficially, the german defense is the VERY BEST at the world cup 2006. BEST off all teams. so whatchu sayin'? all the other teams were too bad to set up a strong offense. germany was lucky to play against weak teams? lahm is average? i don't get it.

you guys are talking bullshit. who are you to say that the german defense isn't that good?

1) it's a fact - mertesacker and metzelder are THE best defensive players at this world cup (statistically)
    2) all the experts are impressed by mertesacker and metzelder play
    3) germany won all games
    4) only 3 goals against and alomst NO saves by lehman needed
    5) no chance for the forwards against the strong german defense. which team caused big trouble for mertesacker/metzelder? --> NONE

i might know what i'm talking about. consider that i'm not retarded. i might know a little sth about soccer. so stop disrespecting. your language is strong. "as good as you might to believe it to be". shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Do yourself a favor and stop posting for awhile: you're looking ridiculous.

you guys are talking bullshit. who are you to say that the german defense isn't that good?

a football fan who knows what he's talking about

Lahm is a good player alright, its Mertesacker & Metzelder who I dont rate that highly

last time I respond on this subject

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Someone ought to document Grope's posts re: Deutscheland as an entry for what constitutes H-O-M-E-R-I-S-M - it's the most unyielding instance concerning sporting events I've seen/read/etc. in years... For the record, hating does NOT = homer (nor does identifying one enagaged in homerism)... It's all well and good to be a homer, just realize that the version of events rendered will be masked w/ a subjective hue consistent w/ the particular construct of events advocated...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

yes boss. thanks!

posting about soccer in a soccer thread is ridiculous. and liking your team is ridiculous too.

if you don't have anything else to say but "do yourself a favor and stop posting for a while" then maybe you should...

nevermind. you the big dude. you're boss. aaron for moderator!!! he's the coolest.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Someone ought to document Grope's posts re: Deutscheland as an entry for what constitutes H-O-M-E-R-I-S-M - it's the most unyielding instance concerning sporting events I've seen/read/etc. in years... For the record, hating does NOT = homer (nor does identifying one enagaged in homerism)... It's all well and good to be a homer, just realize that the version of events rendered will be masked w/ a subjective hue consistent w/ the particular construct of events advocated...

post that again in german.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

post that again in german.

I'd just like it in understanble English.

• What is the hell, though? 44 pages and still no answer. Focus, people.

• Who cares, when Germany wins the Cup I will drive as well drunken through a school, party in the school shower and don't remember anyting later on.
    Go Isotopes, ??hemm I mean Go Germany, Go Germany, Go Germany

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts

England - Portugal will be the same. At least one red card. England's penalties will be , so Figo and his Fightin' Forehead to go through.

Eriksson will be blamed.

Again.

I guess I should have put my money where my mouth was...

At least I drew France in the workplace sweepstakes

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    Stevie Gerrard interview:

"Gerrard and Lampard, along with Jamie Carragher, missed the penalties which condemned England to their heart-breaking World Cup quarter-final exit against the Portuguese on Saturday. Both were visibly distraught as they spoke to reporters after the game in Gelsenkirchen, with Gerrard unable to comprehend how he had missed his spot-kick.

He said: "I am gutted. I have never felt this bad before as a footballer. I just can't get the penalty out of my head. I thought the team were fantastic to get it to penalties with 10 men because it was tough out there.

"I just can't get the penalty out of my head at the moment. I feel numb. The way I hit a ball I should score a penalty. I should score.

"But the penalty never went exactly where I wanted it to go. I have taken probably 20 or 30 penalties over the last month and probably scored 95 per cent of them. I tried to do what I did for Liverpool in the FA Cup final but my strike was not accurate enough.""

20-30 over the last month. Just less than one a day then.

Call me old fashioned, but if I was being paid ??100,000,000,000.02 a week (or whotevarrr) to practice penalties, I would be expecting to be hitting this amount every day. At least. That's why they call it "Practice".

Call me old fashioned, but if I was being paid ??100,000,000,000.02 a week (or whotevarrr)

shocking to think that Frank Lampard will be moving up to 150,000 pounds a week with Chelsea after this WC

....just when I thought the British media couldnt get anymore nauseating all I'm reading/hearing about now is Ronaldos despicable behaviour & his key role in getting Rooney sent off.....Fuck off, what about Rooneys despicable tackle?? If the roles were reversed the England players would have done the same, anyway Rooney would have got a red card for that tackle regardless, the ref was standing right over him when it happened.....Talk about sore losers....