World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Football is not a matter or life or death.... it's way more important than that.

>>>Juventus team manager hospitalised by mystery fall

Former player 'suffered multiple fractures, but his life is not in danger'

Staff and agencies
    Tuesday June 27, 2006

Juventus team manager and former defender Gianluca Pessotto has been seriously injured after falling from a building at the club's headquarters.

"Gianluca suffered multiple fractures, but his life is not in danger," said Juventus spokesman Marco Girotto. It is unclear where exactly the 35-year-old fell from - early reports suggested he had fallen out of a second-floor window, but now it seems he may have fallen from the roof of the building. Club officials said they were unable to give details and were looking into all possibilities.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Football is not a matter or life or death.... it's way more important than that.

>>>Juventus team manager hospitalised by mystery fall

Former player 'suffered multiple fractures, but his life is not in danger'

Staff and agencies
    Tuesday June 27, 2006

Juventus team manager and former defender Gianluca Pessotto has been seriously injured after falling from a building at the club's headquarters.

"Gianluca suffered multiple fractures, but his life is not in danger," said Juventus spokesman Marco Girotto. It is unclear where exactly the 35-year-old fell from - early reports suggested he had fallen out of a second-floor window, but now it seems he may have fallen from the roof of the building. Club officials said they were unable to give details and were looking into all possibilities.

Ha ha, I heard about that today, Italian football and politics never fail to be anything less than fascinating.

On another note, wtf Spain v France? Thought that the french might up their game but can't believe their performance tonight. Spain must wonder what the hell they have to do to break their duck against them. Great match.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    DAMN! France is NO JOKE! Sorry to see Spain out of the tournament. Zidane's goal at the end was

France vs. Brasil is gonna be a great game! Can't wait to see that one.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

AAahaha!! French team confiscated the balloon!

So now

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Yeah Spain had a bit of bad luck...but it was a very technical game...the one who does the first mistake looses...the old players succeeded against the young team...ha, there's hope...sometimes experience is worthier than youth...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    that henry dive was not such a good rook though, he hammed it up big time.

oh and Saturday is going to be off the CHAIN

SATURDAY 1 JULY

QUARTER-FINAL THREE
    England v Portugal
    Gelsenkirchen, 1600
    Live on BBC One/Radio Five Live

QUARTER-FINAL FOUR
    Brazil v France
    Frankfurt, 2000
    Live on ITV/BBC Radio Five Live

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    everyone saying a more organised team could beat brazil, the team of 10 brilliant players plus one brilliant keeper.

brazil have a shakey defence, france do not. i STILL do not think we've seen brazil on form. ronaldo is getting there though. he has a point to prove!

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I don't like either Spain or France: Spain plays dirty and France flops all over the place. I can live with the outcome -- should make for an interesting QF.

I am a fan of Ribery after that goal he scored, though. The guy is a hard-worker.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Ribery is a very good player, he's brilliant.
    He's complete, I mean, he's a good defender, he intercept a lot of balloons, he's good as a midfielder, as a forward............ 3rd selection = a goal............

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    - early reports suggested he had fallen out of a second-floor window, but now it seems he may have fallen from the roof of the building.

When I saw that, first thing I though of was that it was on some ill cosa nostra shit. Italian football is about to EXPLODE!!!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Italian football is about to EXPLODE!!!

France is Zidanes goal was sweet.

see ya Ghana, thanks for the memories, see ya Spain WTF happenned?

Bring on Saturday....

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Henry was shocking. He's supposed to be Mr. Playfair, but this was some Rivaldo spitting-cobra-has-just-spat-in-my-face-(with-acid) deathroll sh1t from 2002... Marvin NAGLer.

Henry was shocking. He's supposed to be Mr. Playfair, but this was some Rivaldo spitting-cobra-has-just-spat-in-my-face-(with-acid) deathroll sh1t from 2002... Marvin NAGLer.

Continuing my campaign to get the worth of Henry reevaluated. Just got to mention again that Thierry failed to do anything last night and spent most of the match running offside. Not the look of what is supposedly one of the greatest players in modern football.

Good to see Zizou finishing his career with a flourish though.

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    Bring on Saturday....

Hi A**n !

ALLEZ LES BLEUS !!! Riberi is born !!!

As for Lampard - he doesn`t work with gerrard, drop him and put carrick in.

Bumpety Bump for the World Cup starting again today (it's been a world of pain not having it to occupy my workday).

Also, our prayers may have been answered with Fat Frank....

Lampard Injury Scare

Chelsea star Frank Lampard has handed England coach Sven Goran Eriksson a World Cup injury scare.

With The Three Lions' quarter final meeting with Portugal just a day away, Eriksson is sweating over the fitness of Lampard after he turned his ankle in training.

Lampard went over his ankle during a routine training session on Thursday and was taken away immediately for treatment.

England physio Gary Lewin is set to assess Lampard's ankle on Friday, with Eriksson hopeful the midfielder will be given the green light.

Lampard has yet to replicate his club form during this summer's World Cup finals, but he is still a key figure for Eriksson and his absence would be a blow to England's plans.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Germany vs. Argentinia: 3-1 or 4-0

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    This was posted on the FIFA homepage 2 days ago. so i guess we won't have any problems...

(ok, it's obviously a fake/hack cause there are some major discrepancies...)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    This was posted on the FIFA homepage 2 days ago. so i guess we won't have any problems...

(ok, it's obviously a fake/hack cause there are some major discrepancies...)

can't see it. link goes to brainblog.de

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    alternate link

this one working?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    got it...

Argentinia's defense =

3 goals against them at least!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    got it...

Argentinia's defense =

3 goals against them at least!

yes,
    but argentina will score 4 !!

the power of maradona in the stands !

unless the german polizei act fast

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i seriuosly think that germany will beat argentinia easily. if not, go argentinia. i like argentinia and if they win today, i want them to win the world cup.

i seriuosly think that germany ill beat argentinia easily. if not, go argentinia. i like argentinia and if they win today, i want them to win the world cup.

I am so psyched about this match - has the potential to be a classic. Am taking the afternoon off work and settling myself in a pub somewhere to enjoy this battle.

Gotta say, credit to Germany, I for one didn't give them a chance before the tournament started but the home advantage and their rising self belief has made them undeniably the team in form right now.

I still think the match could swing either way, a lot'll depend on which Midfield superstar wins out, Ballack or Riquelme.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I still think the match could swing either way, a lot'll depend on which Midfield superstar wins out, Ballack or Riquelme.

you know, i'm serioulsy disappointed by Ballack. He has yet to prove that he's a worthy superstar. the latest excuse for his weak appearances: Ballack is a defender. That's what the German press does at the moment. Calling him a defensive player. What's up with that? So who's supposed to be Germany's offensive midfielder?!

I hope Ballack is in good shape today. He can really play well, but lately, he's been a big disappointent. I'm not keen on seeing him score (with a header). i want to see him passing, dribbling and preparing goals. Setting up the German team. That's what he is supposed to do, first place.

Darn! Why can't Deissler play. He would be much better than Ballack.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Ze Germans will go through 1-0. Get a goal then shut the game down.

Brazil 1-0. Ditto.

Italy - Ukraine will be 0-0, Italy on penalties.

England - Portugal will be the same. At least one red card. England's penalties will be , so Figo and his Fightin' Forehead to go through.

Eriksson will be blamed.

Again.

• Go Germany!!
    Go Germany!!
    Go Germany!!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Alright!

Do or Die time.

Germany over Argentina 2-1

Italy over Ukraine (In penatly kicks)

Brazil ovah France 2-0

England over Portugal 164 - 0

HA... ok

2-1

Lampard might not play? THERE IS A GAWD!

Am taking the afternoon off work and settling myself in a pub somewhere to enjoy this battle.

I will just start to work on my thesis again when this game is on. I have no TV and will just be informed about goals through the screaming of my neighbours. I couldn't care less about this game. I'm not a football/soccer guy. Gimme some girls instead. Oh yeah, I need to workout again...

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

beautiful girl, but I guess she's too much into football for me