World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Australia got robbed, plain and simple.

No they didn't.

First person i know of that believes it WAS a penalty.

Regardless, that match was one of the most boring things I've watched in recent years. Neither team deserved to win.

are you serious? Italy deserved to lose and then be paraded through their hometowns being pelted with tomatoes. they played like schitt. Australia on the other hand played amazingly for a country that hasnt even made it to the world cup finals since '74. Italy are supposedly a powerhouse team and they were held to a nil nil draw by a country where more people watch Australian rules football than soccer football. And they had to resort to bullshit diving in order to salvage a win.

bunch of arse.

I thought it was a bullshit penalty. I also think that neither team played well. The fact that Australia has not made it to the finals since '74, does not mean that they played well. At least that's my opinion.

I do like the Australian attitude towards playing though - that is, using strength, hardly any whining at all, etc... I hate players who let themselves fall, whine, etc... It's one of the things that made me give up playing/practising football.

• SureshotSureshot 134 Posts
    I can't say that I didn't shed a tear listening to Hiddink bitch about the call... He had no problem accepting it as the coach of South Korea 4 years ago...

Certainly doesn't make the call right, but karma is a bitch... It's a shame Australia had to bear the brunt of it this time around...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    The fact remains that only a few teams have looked good this tournament... The first one to really put things together will take it all...

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEERMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Germany vs. Argentinia: 4 - 0
    there's no way Argentinia is going to score a goal against Germany. NO WAY! We were the first team to put things together.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    We[/b] were the first team to put things together.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I like Germany too, but Argentina will probably score against them.

that is a tough game to call though....

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I like Germany too, but Argentina will probably score against them.

that is a tough game to call though....

four null!!!![/b]

wir fahren nach berlin, wir fahren nach berlin, wir fahren nach berlin!

argentinia:
    auf wiedersehen, auf wiedersehen, auf wiedersehen!

• That england shape was looking good to me, more balls in to Carrick from the back and if sven sticks with this we could be

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    LOOK AROUND YOU NONCE!

Lol. Very similar to what I was screaming at the screen on sunday afternoon.

Speaking of boring matches, props due to the Swiss and Ukraine who are living up to my pre match expectations. Even with Toni looking as likely to score in this world cup as Wolcott I think the Italians must be rubbing their hands about their next match. Dear fucking me.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I can't say that I didn't shed a tear listening to Hiddink bitch about the call... He had no problem accepting it as the coach of South Korea 4 years ago...

Certainly doesn't make the call right, but karma is a bitch... It's a shame Australia had to bear the brunt of it this time around...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    obviously the swiss did not spend much time practicing their pk's.

• SureshotSureshot 134 Posts

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEERMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Germany vs. Argentinia: 4 - 0
    there's no way Argentinia is going to score a goal against Germany. NO WAY! We were the first team to put things together.

Germany are definitely a strong candidate being they're the home country and those teams always do well... Not only that, but the Germans always play a nice, disciplined style...

But don't get too excited -- you're not giving Argentina enough credit... ESPECIALLY if Argentina wise up and start Tevez and Messi...

I'm still wondering what happened to the Italy team that beat Germany, 4-1, IN Germany and stomped Holland, 3-1, leading up to the World Cup... Granted, the matches were Friendlies, but they still dominated those games and played a beautiful brand of football... For whatever reason, the Italians always play down to their competition... I'm betting the game against Ukraine will be ugly (and is a very easy one to lose if they're not careful)...

I'm excited about the Germany/Argentina match... The Brazil/Ghana game should be entertaining even though Ghana is playing without Essian... If Spain are forreal, they should handle France...

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    [quote Italy are supposedly a powerhouse team and they were held to a nil nil draw by a country where more people watch Australian rules football than soccer football. And they had to resort to bullshit diving in order to salvage a win.

bunch of arse.
    cosign

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Australia got robbed, plain and simple.

GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    the Aussies deserved to lose, plain and simple. They were a man up and still playing like a bunch of sissies. And that pk was no one's fault but the defender's.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    "What What What!?!"

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I used to play defense. Any idiot that slide-tackles carelessly in the box like the Aussie defender did is asking for a PK. THAT'S plain and simple. Really, any coach would tell you that.

And, as someone else already mentioned, the Italian red was not a red, so Italy shouldn't have been a man down to begin with. They were on their way to victory before that call evened the skill level out.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I thought Figo's flop was a brilliant move. I honestly thought that Portugal outplayed Holland during the brief moments that football was being played.

As for Germany, they are in deep trouble against Argentina. THey are gonna need a huge gaffe or a bad call to win this one. Argentina is just too deep and playing too well to be stopped at this point. They showed a lot of grit against the Mexicans, who were on top on their game.

Argentina 2 Germany 1.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    what happened to the Italy team that beat Germany, 4-1, IN Germany

IN Italy!

I can't even remember that one! Pure horror! Germany was very weak that day and Italy was killing them.

I'm still wondering if Germany is that good or all the other teams are that bad. I've seen some bad games so far and some lousy superstars.

I think Joachim L??w and J??rgen Klinsmann could be responsible for the terrific German team. I remember the time when Joachim L??w was Stuttgart's coach in the Bundesliga. They had minor difficulties in the beginning of the season, but after a few games, Stuttgart ended up being the strongest team in Germany (maybe Europe at that time). They won each game easily (5-0, 4-1, 6-0, 3-0, etc). A perfect team. So maybe it's Joachim L??w who's responsible for the new German strength. He knows how to set up a team and how to bring out the best in someone. Klinsmann made sure that the players are fit and confident. He's a good chief coach.

I'm happy for Mertesacker and Klose. Mertesacker has been the best defender in the Bundesliga this season, but so far no big team was interested in him. Klose might be the strongest player so far. Dude is incredible!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Argentina 2 Germany 1.

0-4

You know that Germany can totally destroy another's team game. And the whole German team said that they'd rather play against Argentinia than Mexcio. Because Argentinia is more predictable and most players said that they know how to play against them. They seemed very confident. With much respect for Argentinia, but they seemed to be happy. I think they are right. Knock out the Argentinia's midfield and they're gone. Frings and Ballack will do the job (hopefully without any bad fouls )

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts

Argentina 2 Germany 1.

0-4

You know that Germany can totally destroy another's team game. And the whole German team said that they'd rather play against Argentinia than Mexcio. Because Argentinia is more predictable and most players said that they know how to play against them. They seemed very confident. With much respect for Argentinia, but they seemed to be happy. I think they are right. Knock out the Argentinia's midfield and they're gone. Frings and Ballack will do the job (hopefully without any bad fouls )

Cosign!
    Whenever Germany had a weak point in a game, they worked on it and the next game it was totally gone.
    First game the defense
    2nd (and 3rd) game Podolskis crisis
    -all gone now.

The remaining problem is Ballack not being very accurate with his shots, so if he improves that, we'll have 1 Goal Klose, 1 Goal Podolski, 1 Goal Ballack and 1 Goal Odonkor (finally)
    any questions?

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    Phew, that SWI Vs UKR game was a real tepid terd of the highest order. A new world cup low I think, especially for a game that actually had something at stake for the winner.

When the first two pens were missed, I seriously did think this was going to go on all night at nil-nil.....

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    Phew, that SWI Vs UKR game was a real tepid terd of the highest order. A new world cup low I think, especially for a game that actually had something at stake for the winner.

When the first two pens were missed, I seriously did think this was going to go on all night at nil-nil.....

yeah pretty lame. i watched some monty pyhton along the way (on my pc)and waited for the penalties to come.
    and even those (normally thrilling) where pretty weak...

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

the only enjoyable part of that match was the ref, who wasn't calling ANYTHING.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    RONALDO!!!!!!!!!!! 15 World Cup goals!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Brasil!!!!!!!!!!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I'm not hating, but Brazil is not looking good. They don't deserve the 2-0 lead. Should have been a 1-2 by now. Ghana with 10 shots on goal, Brazil only with 4.
    I'm so sorry for Ghana! They are doing fine.

Brazil = the truth of soccer?

I'm not hating, but Brazil is not looking good. They don't deserve the 2-0 lead. Should have been a 1-2 by now. Ghana with 10 shots on goal, Brazil only with 4.

Sure you are hating again grope! Just admit it. You are a hater and you only like Germany! LOL. Really, stop hating on Brasil. Wait till Germany loses the cup to Brasil again, Then you can hate on Brasil!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Cosine.

Second goal was definitely offside.

It's all too reminiscent of 1994 when Brazil never really reached anything like a high level but still managed to win the World Cup - they seem to have the luck with them this time round. Seem to remember them getting savaged by their press after that one and can't see it being much different this time round.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Sure you are hating again grope! Just admit it. You are a hater and you only like Germany! LOL. Really, stop hating on Brasil. Wait till Germany loses the cup to Brasil again, Then you can hate on Brasil!

Look at Brazil... sooner or later Brazil will crash.
    Germany won't make it to the finals anyway.
    Well, OK! Brazil will most likely win the cup again, but only because all the other teams are totally scared by those big names. Brazil doesn't play that good at the moment. They are really lucky at this point.

Big Chan, you're watching the game, right? Brazil does not look good. Or does it? (--> BEEF! )

Well, OK! Brazil will most likely win the cup again, but only because all the other teams are totally scared by those big names. Brazil doesn't play that good at the moment. They are really lucky at this point.

Big Chan, you're watching the game, right? Brazil does not look good. Or does it? (--> BEEF! )

Not the best I've seen them play, but I am sure it will result in a win. Ronaldo's goal was nice!

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts