World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• per0per0 153 Posts
    Did I say that the US went home before Australia ?

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Yesterdays match between Portugal and Holland was insane. I have not ever seen so many cards pulled. That referee must go! Glad that the Portuguese went to the quarters, but without C. Ronaldo and Deco, what chances do they really have?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Can't believe England are still playing so poorly and are through to the Quarters.

Good to see Rooney starting to come alive again though it really is time Sven grew some proper testicles and dropped fat Frank, we could have finished off Ecuador easily if that chubster remembered how to finish (by far the most disappointing player in the England team in this tournament).

I'm very interested to know what's going on with Ruud at the moment as he must have truly pissed off Van Basten not to be brought on when they're 1-0 down and Kuyt was playing so poorly.

Felt for Mexico as well, as I thought they were truly in with a chance of pulling off a massive upset against Argentina.

i agree wholeheartedly.

fucking Portugal Holland was an insane match, Figo is a little bitch. i was really rooting for the Dutchies and i tell ya, the residents of Amsterdam are a grumpy lot this morning. To go out in that way, what a pile of crap. Van Basten said it well: "we played 20 minutes of football in the 2nd half, the rest was portugese theater" (or words to trhat effect).

i hope England give Portugal a kicking.

AND COME ON AUSSIE!!!

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Holland has their own bunch of crybaby actors as well. Robben? Dude can't even win a freekick for his team because he is constantly on all fours. That Kuyt dude fell to the ground every time he got to range, fishing desperately for a penalty.

And I have no sympathy for the Dutch after that Boulahrouz dude flying kicked C Ronaldo in the groin. The Portuguese had their part in the foulness too, but IMO the best team won. Maniche's goal was unfuckwithable.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Yesterdays match between Portugal and Holland was insane. I have not ever seen so many cards pulled. That referee must go! Glad that the Portuguese went to the quarters, but without C. Ronaldo and Deco, what chances do they really have?

Still good chances. But it's going to be hard to replace Deco. He's one of my favorite players.

I wish Sebastian Deissler would be able to play for Germany.
    I still think that, without his injuries, he would have become on of the best players in the world. I'm very very sad that he couldn't join the German team. He would have been ten times better than Bernd Schneider! I'm really feeling sorry for Deissler. 2 World Cups without him already!!!

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts

Still good chances. But it's going to be hard to replace Deco. He's one of my favorite players.

I still think that, without his injuries, he would have become on of the best players in the world. I'm very very sad that he couldn't join the German team. He would have been ten times better than Bernd Schneider! I'm really feeling sorry for Deissler. 2 World Cups without him already!!!

what's his current injury?
    i was just wondering last saturday why he isn't on the team...

• Something with his knee is wrong, it is really a sahme that he is not with. But Schneider is allright. he does good work. I think only Mehmet Scholl could be better

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

what's his current injury?
    i was just wondering last saturday why he isn't on the team...

yeah, it's the knee again. third or fourth time. noone knows for sure if he can ever return. i think the same thing happened to Sammer. Sammer would have been a huge soccer star without his injuries. People forgot about him. He was the best player at the Euro 1996. Sammer was huge!!! SAme goes for Nowotny. I remember that ManU wanted him badly. They offered 65 Million D-Marks. But then he got injured again. And ManU bought Stam...

Deissler has been very unlucky so far. I hope he can return. And stay healthy. Mentally and physically. He's a good fella and he deserves a strong return. He's my favorite soccer player. Such a big dude!

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

Got a Larry David situation going on for the QF on Saturday - there's a wake for a friend's mum at midday and the match starts at 4. What to do?

You're gonna need to get one of those in-ear headphones and a small radio. Pop that in and cover your ear and headphone with a bandage - saying that you have an ear infection - and bobs your uncle, just don't chear when Rooney scores. If you do though, pretend it was a wail of dispair and say you were overcome by emotion.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Figo will not be suspended by FIFA for the headbutt. I didn't see him get booked for it at the time, I thought the ref completely missed it but I guess not. Anyway Portugal's still pretty well fucked vs. England.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I dont know..these are the first news of riots i have seen, looks to me like German authorities have it wel under control..I remember previous tournements having way more problems with hooligans..or maybe we dont get to see what's really going on in the streets..

I've just been 10 days in Berlin and had the best 10 days party in a row ever. There have been no hooligans or any kind of violence or agression. Just all kind of fans having party together. Thats what really going on on the streets.

DOPE!!

Did you get the chance to go to any games?

I'd love to go to Berlin one of these days..i'm sooo jelous right now

I just can recommend everybody to go there, it's great.

more than recommended. atmosphere is great, wheather is great and if no match is going on you can still dig in the crates
    friday will be a friend of mine already got tickets, but is anymore.
    by the way: I??ve not seen any world cup related violence yet. maybe it helps that nearly half of the crowd is female?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Got a Larry David situation going on for the QF on Saturday - there's a wake for a friend's mum at midday and the match starts at 4. What to do?

You're gonna need to get one of those in-ear headphones and a small radio. Pop that in and cover your ear and headphone with a bandage - saying that you have an ear infection - and bobs your uncle, just don't chear when Rooney scores. If you do though, pretend it was a wail of dispair and say you were overcome by emotion.

It's either that or sneak off to the living room to 'grieve' between 4 and 5.45.

Before anyone gets on their high horse as well, please understand that I am in no way belittling the tragedy that's befallen my friend and his family. It couldn't have happened to a less deserving group of people and my thoughts are with them on a daily basis.

It's just that, you know, it's the quarter finals.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    AND COME ON AUSSIE!!!

• by the way: I??ve not seen any world cup related violence yet. maybe it helps that nearly half of the crowd is female?

True, amazingly many female fans. The best have been the swedish fans, unfortunately they are out, but they made the hell of a party and more than the half seemed to be girls. Swedish fans are the best fans according to a german newspaper which made a test.

Der Spiegel wrote
    SPIEGEL'S WORLD CUP BLOG

Berlin Falls to Viking Hordes, Reporter Succumbs to Yankee Beer

As Swedish fans have descended upon Berlin to claim the city as their own, the celebrations are underway and the beer is flowing. But be careful of what you make your tipple. Elsewhere, German women pick the world's sexiest footballers.

The World Cup might already be a week underway, but for me it only got started properly on Thursday night as I went to my first match. Although I was unlucky in the ticket lottery, I emotionally blackmailed a friend into taking me along to the three games in Berlin including Sweden versus Paraguay. I'm not sure there have been so many Swedes in Germany since the Thirty Years War. Berlin's Der Tagesspiegel newspaper estimates 70,000 -- almost 1 percent of the Scandinavian country's population. On Thursday, Berlin fell to a friendly and happy yellow and blue horde, as Swedish fans flocked to the German capital to cheer their side on to a 1- 0 victory over the South Americans.

Holland has their own bunch of crybaby actors as well. Robben? Dude can't even win a freekick for his team because he is constantly on all fours. That Kuyt dude fell to the ground every time he got to range, fishing desperately for a penalty.

And I have no sympathy for the Dutch after that Boulahrouz dude flying kicked C Ronaldo in the groin. The Portuguese had their part in the foulness too, but IMO the best team won. Maniche's goal was unfuckwithable.

oh yeah, the game wasnt pretty on either side, but figo was just plain pathetic. for one, if youre gonna headbutt someone, fucking headbutt them. and his fakeass diving after Boulahrouz didnt elbow him was just laughable. i can see why they wanted Boulahrouz out, he took out the goldan boy (starting the downward spiral of the game) but for fuckssake, if you wanna get rid of him, take him out proper, dont be a wimp about it and put on a muppet show, i expected more from a player of his calibre.

the entire game was NAGL for both teams, but i just felt that Portugals ongoing theatrics were just too much, Holland were there to play football (not very pretty football, but football nonetheless) Portugal were there to do anything but play football.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    not to beat a dead horse but Portugal =

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    not to beat a dead horse but Portugal =

You live in the wrong city my friend...

Lawd knows I'd like to live somewhere else when they win.

Back to England for a second. Seriously... Will Sven drop Lampard if I start a donation drive to funnel money into his bank account?

The dude has some talent, but seriously. He can't make a goal when it counts if his life depended on it. Does the guy need 30 shots on goal in a single game to get one? LOOK AROUND YOU NONCE!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Yea I know, the portugese population is large here.

GO ENGLAND!

I have to go to a proper english pub for that game......is it on Saturday?

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    Australia got robbed, plain and simple.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    wow what an ending to the Italy/Australia match. Can't wait to see the replay tonight at 5.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    oh boy! italy! so lucky! but both teams didn't play that well. i'm still baffled. hardly any good matches right now. all those superstars seem to be totally nervous and confused. strange tournament. i'm sorry for australia. hopefully, brazil, france and spain will go off then.

on a side note, i hope juventus and all those other fraudulent italian teams are relegated for the next Serie A series.

• I feel sick for the aussies.

Portugal and Italy have to lose heavily when they do go out of this tournament - surely cheats can`t win..

As for Lampard - he doesn`t work with gerrard, drop him and put carrick in.

No-one seems to know what goes on in Sven-dog`s head.Last chance saloon for the bloke and he doesn`t want to take any chances - Lennon has showed he isn`t overawed by the big stage and he won`t give the kid a proper chance.

Beckham could spontaneously combust and he still wouldn`t sub him.

Every game you hope for something different and the England we all love, and every game Sven serves up that same schitt.
    He did show some emotion and left the bench yesterday though.

Makes you wonder what mcclaren is thinking too, seems like he doesn`t have the balls to tell Sven to go for it.

reckon we might have the first penalty shoot out today.

Australia - welcome to world cup heartbreak..feel for you people.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

No they didn't.

• Australia got robbed, plain and simple.

No they didn't.

First person i know of that believes it WAS a penalty.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

No they didn't.

Regardless, that match was one of the most boring things I've watched in recent years. Neither team deserved to win.

• SureshotSureshot 134 Posts

So Italy gets some vindication for getting hosed 4 years ago against South Korea... It happens...

And that red card for Materazzi wasn't a BS call?!?!

The fact remains that only a few teams have looked good this tournament... The first one to really put things together will take it all... Argentina has come closest, but they have their faults...

It's wide open...

No they didn't.

Regardless, that match was one of the most boring things I've watched in recent years. Neither team deserved to win.

are you serious? Italy deserved to lose and then be paraded through their hometowns being pelted with tomatoes. they played like schitt. Australia on the other hand played amazingly for a country that hasnt even made it to the world cup finals since '74. Italy are supposedly a powerhouse team and they were held to a nil nil draw by a country where more people watch Australian rules football than soccer football. And they had to resort to bullshit diving in order to salvage a win.

bunch of arse.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

Football needs to start working with the video playback for critical calls,all other sports do,what are they waiting on.The Italian played for the foul and got it.
    Neil didn't even touch him,he was dragging his trailing leg across him purposely.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Football needs to start working with the video playback for critical calls,all other sports do,what are they waiting on.

Emphatic YES[/b]. With all the acting and flopping that goes on, soccer players would put Jack Nicholson AND Vlade Divac to shame.