World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I doubt that Brazil will win the cup. They won, but they are not looking good. Very lazy players. Weak defense and no tactics. They won't make it to the finals like that.

Grope, I am getting TIRED of you hating on EVERY team but Germany. Stop being so negative about everything and enjoy watching the games. Remember what happened in 2002? BRASIL BEAT GERMANY AND WON THE CUP! Are you still mad or something? LOL. Please believe that Brasil will be in the finals! Besides Brasil, Argentina and Spain are looking very good as well.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I doubt that Brazil will win the cup. They won, but they are not looking good. Very lazy players. Weak defense and no tactics. They won't make it to the finals like that.

Grope, I am getting TIRED of you hating on EVERY team but Germany. Stop being so negative about everything and enjoy watching the games. Remember what happened in 2002? BRASIL BEAT GERMANY AND WON THE CUP! Are you still mad or something? LOL. Please believe that Brasil will be in the finals! Besides Brasil, Argentina and Spain are looking very good as well.

ehm, i'm not hating. i'm not negative. i don't like the german team best. i said good things about other teams. i just think that brazil was pretty lucky. that's all.
    calm down, ok? you're talking bullshit. i'm just happy to see some live soccer. the world cup rules. what else can i say?

i just think that argentinia and brazil are totally overrated at this point. that's all. i like most other teams. very much. see, i'm positive.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts

ehm, i'm not hating. i'm not negative. i don't like the german team best. i said good things about other teams. i just think that brazil was pretty lucky. that's all.
    calm down, ok? you're talking bullshit. i'm just happy to see some live soccer. the world cup rules. what else can i say?

i just think that argentinia and brazil are totally overrated at this point. that's all. i like most other teams. very much. see, i'm positive.

Haha, weren't you the one who was hating on Argentina's 6-0 win against Serbia? Yeah you do seem to be a hater...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I'm half and half with you on this one Grope. I thought Brazil played better last night but they were playing against Japan and still don't appear to have reached anything near top gear. Maybe my disappointment in teh team is partly due to the extremely high expectations I have for a squad packed with that much quality. It'll be interesting to see whether Parreira sticks with some of the players he brought into the team or bottles out and put in all the established stars again.

Argentina, on the other hand, have been impressive so far and I can't understand why you fail to rate their chances, the depth of their squad is incredible and it's been a while since a team has managed to combine that level of flair with physical strength and determination.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Argentina, on the other hand, have been impressive so far and I can't understand why you fail to rate their chances, the depth of their squad is incredible and it's been a while since a team has managed to combine that level of flair with physical strength and determination.

i just said that argentinia is being a little overrated. i think they are pretty good. definitely one of the best teams so far. i'm not hating at all. but i think that they won't play the same kinda soccer against other teams. every team has to prove it's flexibility from now on. argentinia seems to be a little too "calculable" (is that the right word?). and i don't know if they will win against big teams like italy or england (england will get better).

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Haha, weren't you the one who was hating on Argentina's 6-0 win against Serbia? Yeah you do seem to be a hater...

the goal was nice. very nice. i said that. but the defense was looking pretty suspect too. read my posts again. the defense was ridiculous. very bad! it was a nice goal. but argentinia won't be able to score a goal like that again. not against those other teams...

thanks for calling me hater. thank you so much. i appreciate it.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

i just said that argentinia is being a little overrated. i think they are pretty good. definitely one of the best teams so far. i'm not hating at all. but i think that they won't play the same kinda soccer against other teams. every team has to prove it's flexibility from now on. argentinia seems to be a little too "calculable" (is that the right word?). and i don't know if they will win against big teams like italy or england (england will get better). [/b]

I want to believe!

Yeah I know what you're getting at. To be honest it's pretty hard to really judge any team at this point until the fancied teams start facing eachother. Also, keep posting your veiws Grope, I may not always agree with them but it's nice to have a bit of toing and froing going on in this thread.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I want to believe!

Yeah I know what you're getting at. To be honest it's pretty hard to really judge any team at this point until the fancied teams start facing eachother. Also, keep posting your veiws Grope, I may not always agree with them but it's nice to have a bit of toing and froing going on in this thread.

thanks man! i will.

i still think england will win the cup. england or italy.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

i just said that argentinia is being a little overrated. i think they are pretty good. definitely one of the best teams so far. i'm not hating at all. but i think that they won't play the same kinda soccer against other teams. every team has to prove it's flexibility from now on. argentinia seems to be a little too "calculable" (is that the right word?). and i don't know if they will win against big teams like italy or england (england will get better). [/b]

I want to believe!

CO-SIZZLE, this thread is great! It's about as close to a good old bit of pub banter that you'll get on the strut. Lets face it, everybody's talking shite! But that's what football's all about. Jumpers for goalposts/// the lads gave it 110%///it's a game of two halfs///at the end of the day goals win games///it only take a second to score a goal///that's a great example for any youngsters watching///blah blah blah.....etc.

PS, Big 'naldos second goal yesterday, IS a great example to any youngsters watching

...of how to eat all the pies and still be the greatest world cup scorer.

...no, really, that was a belter though!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

CO-SIZZLE, this thread is great! It's about as close to a good old bit of pub banter that you'll get on the strut. Lets face it, everybody's talking shite! But that's what football's all about.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    FONT FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE="+6" COLOR="#FF0000">GO KOREA!!![/b]/FONT>

• per0per0 153 Posts
    Well, I'd just like to add that after calling Australia the 'easybeats'of the tournament, the US are out. It makes me all warm inside.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

they both should get out of the next round, but neither of these teams look dominant to me yet. and although i wouldn't mind seeing england win the cup, that would likely mean that the rapture is coming soon, and i am too young to die.

ecuador should be a tough match for england.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

they both should get out of the next round, but neither of these teams look dominant to me yet. and although i wouldn't mind seeing england win the cup, that would likely mean that the rapture is coming soon, and i am too young to die.

ecuador should be a tough match for england.

england will do well. ecuador is not that much of an obstacle. see you in the quarter finals... heehee...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    be the reds batches!

if s. korea wins today, i heard some joint in koreatown is giving away a free wig. and discounted bowl of noodles and shit. so? can i finally cover my 6head?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Damn!!! The referee stopped HENRY!! I don't understand!! What's the problem with WILTORD!!?? WHERE IS THE DUDE!!??

Eyh! Fuck that referee!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    it's not looking good for korea now that france is up 2-0. They need to win, a tie will still put france ahead on goal differential.

the swiss are just too strong in the air.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    damn, that was very unlucky, controversial but it was the right call. Koreans are ooot barring a miracle.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    damn, that was very unlucky, controversial but it was the right call.

How is it the right call??? Flags were put up before the shot...play should've stoppped right there. I don't know much soccer, but isn't that how it goes in ANY sport.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    the pass deflected off a korean defender. If it didn't touch the korean defender, then it would've been offside. The touch nullifies it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    ahh ic. thanks for clarification. either way, Korea ain't up to the world-level standards yet.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    the pass deflected off a korean defender. If it didn't touch the korean defender, then it would've been offside. The touch nullifies it.

Only voluntary pass nullifies the offside; if the ball touchs the defender it's not considered a pass, thus it's offside.

Peace

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    allez les bleus! ...

Thats sucks...

The Koreans should have gotten the call on the hand ball earlier in the 2nd half!

Aser, wanna watch the games with us Sunday? My gurl says there some English pubs around Yonge & Eglington? Do you know if thats true? I was gonna say The Duke, but I bet shit will be packed there.

Let me know!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

tweeeeedy + the other one

posh looks like axl rose yo straight up

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

it seems like fat, dumb & lazy boy should have thought twice about that NY Redbulls offer of $120 million for 7 seasons.

calling Ronaldo fat, dumb, and lazy =

I'm now starting to think Germany ain't gonna be fucked with...

Glad if England goes through, they won't have to play them til the final.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

tweeeeedy + the other one

posh looks like axl rose yo straight up

Those arms make me nervous....

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I'm now starting to think Germany ain't gonna be fucked with...

Glad if England goes through, they won't have to play them til the final.

After beating Brazil in the semis right? Classic England...

Here's a great quote from a New York Cabbie (LMagazine)

HARINDER
    Where I hailed him: East Village
    Where he hails from: India
    Years as a cabbie: 26
    Previous profession: Clerical work
    This time, I am rooting for the Germans. What reason? Well, only that I have seen two of their games, and they seem to be a team that is capable of going far. I also like the Germans as England???s traditional enemy. Ha! Yes. I despise the English. Every four years, they are so confident. Every four years, they???re a failure. It serves them right. Do you remember Maradona? Ah, yes? The England killer? The hand of God goal? Do you remember? Maradona scores the goal with his hand, and the referee lets it stand. And he says, ???This was not my hand that scored, it was the hand of God!??? And the English, they still cry it???s unfair! Ha! I suggest they consider their history with India before they complain about ???unfair!???

What he said!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    wow! the people over here are freaking out right now. well done germany. first half was great, second halftime was a sleeper. sweden was weak today. germany was lucky, I guess, i think sweden could have done better.