World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'm kinda wishing a Portugal loss! I need to get out of the city and if they win, it will take alot longer!!!

GO IRAN!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Good christ. AMerica outplays the wops and not a peep on this fucking board. gimmme a break. Fun match to watch even with the officiating. US controlled the midfield while Italy exploited our lack of cohesion in the back. Italy just doesn't have the creative striker to take it all the way. US showed that when it runs at top teams they can be dangerous. Still, without a solid D and a striker who can beat someone on his own, we can't expect to win important games. Thank god Donovan and co showed up for this one. Praying for a Czech loss and a US win.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    That dude Daniele De Rossi should be in jail

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Outplayed= Zero goals of their own scored? If you say so. US is a pathetic squad, Ghana is the real headline here. They kicked fucking ass and showed mad moves.

• Options
    ...think this is first the first time I've heard the stereotypically braggadocious American's happy with a tie. It is an accomplishment. The Italians I talked to on College this afternoon were heated!

Your goalie is tight.

K.

• Ghana was !!

I went down to my old neighbourhood to watch the game with some old friends, lot of Ghanese people living over there..they were going CRAZY!! Definitely going back to watch the killer end of this group down there again..good times!..Go GHANA!!

I'm glad Holland qualified already (so hung over right now ), but it kind of spoils the game against Argentina for me. I think the coaches are not going to take much risks for the second round and the game will not be very exciting to watch.

Argentina was pure
    for me they are the biggest contender for winning the title.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

hahaha, it's the crouch

That miss was terrible but it looks like crouch is takin the breakdancin goal celebrations to the , hes about to do the windmill!

sorry, but i had to...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Outplayed= Zero goals of their own scored? If you say so. US is a pathetic squad, Ghana is the real headline here. They kicked fucking ass and showed mad moves.

Just remember, the Italians were overwhleming favorites at all the books in England.

However, I did not say they blew the Italians away but they were the better squad throughout. The ref took the game away from the players with all the ejections (although De Rossi's foul was pretty egregious). BTW how about a sub toward the end of the game to bring in some fresh legs for the US. Eddie Johnson would have added some pace.

That said the US is an average sqaud. The Ghana game should be interesting and really wide open given that both teams need the W, are athletic and a little undisciplined in the back.

Watch for PRSO in the Croatia/Japan game. He could wind up with a few.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Is anyone else tired of the talking heads on ESPN going on and on about red cards? I thought the second red card (first US red card) was the right call -- the Italian player's ankle seemed to be bent at a 90 degree angle.

• Both red cards in the first half were good calls imo. When i watched Italy's first game they were looking good agains Ghana, can it be that they underestimated the US a little too much?

England's firt goal against Trinidad was a dirty one..

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    First half Brazil vs Oz ...

Where's the Brazilian swiftness and the combination of brute force & decent tactics I was expecting from the socceroos ?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Brazil sucks. I hope they won't win the world cup. they were so lucky to score their two goals in this competition. they didn't really deserve the win against croatia and they don't deserve to win against australia. what a lousy team. i'm totally dissappointed.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Dang! Sorry Australia. You should have scored the 1-1.
    2-0 is not appreciated. Brazil is just too lucky. They don't deserve it. Brazil advances to the next round. 6 points, 3 goals, no goal against.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Adriano + Ronaldo are not a good combination, they're too individualistic.

I am not impressed w/ Kewell, he has been a complete disappointment ever since his transfer from Leeds to Liverpool. Can't believe he flubbed that empty goal after Dida's terrible mistake.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Brazil is soooooo letting me down right now. I will probably have to pay some money to certain folls before this Cup ends

• Options
    Brazil sucks. I hope they won't win the world cup. they were so lucky to score their two goals in this competition. they didn't really deserve the win against croatia and they don't deserve to win against australia. what a lousy team. i'm totally dissappointed.

Yeah Brazil is very much over rated this year...I expect they will meet their demise. I am hoping that the Dutch Win the entire World Cup. But YOO Ghana is looking nice!

MAKE SURE TO WATCH THE CUP ON THE SPANISH NETWORK>
    ESPN BLOWS IF YOU WATCH ESPN YOU SHOULD KNOW YOU ARE ONLY GETTING A SLOPPY BLOW JOB

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    OH SNAP SON!

Gallas is vexed, hahaha

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    What a surpise, Henry misses a crucial one on one.

• How can the French with such a talented squad (at least on paper) not win a game? I didn't think they would do well in this World Cup but are they again gonna fail even to get through to the 2nd round.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Damnnnnn!!!!!

• I stand behind my DICK!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    they'll most likely go through still, they're playing togo for the last match. Should be able to run up the score line.

Assuming the Swiss win tomorrow, then a tie between Korea and Swiss will be disastrous for Les Bleus.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Brazil isn't even trying right now. You can see the boredom on Ronaldhino's face. You know they'll be trying once you hear them calling out to each other during the game.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I know that Australia is not a great side but there is no excuse for Brazil allowing them to dictate the pace of play. Brazil showed no heart (especially at midfield) in this game. I hope the US makes it through a can put them to the test.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I can't help thinking that Brazil aren't really trying yet, although Australia deserved to take a point from that game. Ronaldo looks pretty wretched; when you're getting beaten to almost every ball by the likes of Craig Moore, Tony Popovic and that shaved ape Lucas Neill, you know you're having a lousy tournament.

In case anyone wants to add this to their youtube favourites, here in all their glory are the 24 passes that led up to Esteban Cambiasso's goal for Argentina against Serbia & Montenegro the other day;

To anyone who still doesn't understand the appeal of football, it's right here, captured in a little over a minute of genuine sporting brilliance and inspiration.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    nice goal... but what a lousy defense!!! the argentinian players didn't even have to run. they walk around like it's a workout session. all the sm players are at least 5 meters away from the ball. strange! maybe they forgot that they're playing at the world cup...

the goal is great. but serbia montenegro was just toally bad that day.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    great goal! really nice.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    That goal is straight butter whatever way you look at it. LIQUID FOOTBALL!!!

PS, Re. BRA-AUS, I was really surprised just how one-footed Adriano is, surely the better defenders out there (and I'm looking at YOU John Terry!) will be showing him onto his right foot from now on, 'cos he really might as well have a pegleg there. That left foot though.....

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    nice goal... but what a lousy defense!!! the argentinian players didn't even have to run. they walk around like it's a workout session. all the sm players are at least 5 meters away from the ball. strange! maybe they forgot that they're playing at the world cup...

the goal is great. but serbia montenegro was just toally bad that day.

Although Serbia looked really tired there I gotta say that Argentinia's positioning was on that goal, you can see the 'triangles' smoothly moving around.

Best goal so far.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    That goal is straight butter whatever way you look at it. LIQUID FOOTBALL!!!

PS, Re. BRA-AUS, I was really surprised just how one-footed Adriano is, surely the better defenders out there (and I'm looking at YOU John Terry!) will be showing him onto his right foot from now on, 'cos he really might as well have a pegleg there. That left foot though.....

Credit where credit's due to Australia as well, shows what you can do when you actually go into a match with a proper gameplan, something England will never do due to our (these days severly misguided) sense of superiority.

Am still in shock about that Kewell miss though