World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'm cheering for Japan on this one!

Ha... Just as long as they dun go up against England or Corea!

But we can still be brothers...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Odds on Everton selling Tim Cahill to a Serie A club for ??12m after the World Cup?

Odds on Everton selling Tim Cahill to a Serie A club for ??12m after the World Cup?

And that's goodnight to Japan. The result was kinda flattering, but props to Australia for chalking up an emphatic win in their first World Cup Finals game. Brazil should bring them back down to earth, though.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

wat a game !

glad H & V didn't score

gus' subs =

best manager of the cup
    so far

lets see what bruce has up his sleeve
    to counter the

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I can't believe that Cahill and Wanchope are leading goal scorers in the World Cup at this stage.

Truly bizarre.

Socreline flattered the Aussies a little but couple of decent goals at the end for them.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Crazy upset! Japan fell apart. Big up to Australia!!! 3 goals in 8 minutes in the second half? WTF!

Australia better celebrate now, cause that shit is not gonna happen with Brasil!

Man, the last 8 mins did not represent the game in any way. But damn... Give it up to the aussies. They came through when it counted.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    so what we saying on US vs Cz then?

I reckon 2-1 to the Czechs. Nedved's well kempt feathered 'do' has to be worth at least a goal on its own!

• Options
    That AU-JP game was awesome, I bet Cahill gets laid tonight. I have to go settle in for the US game now, I'm glad I'm off from work this week I get to catch most of the games.

Also, I love how they do that TMobile "Man of the Match" thing, maybe 12 minutes before the game ends with all 4 choices being Japan players. Oops!

Czechs over the US 3-2.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    What up Sween!? All good on L.I.?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Best team:
    Germany (I mean it)

so far: COSIGN!

the other so called "big teams" dissapointed so far. (didn't watch argentina though)
    but there are still a few to come.

PELE just said that he liked Germany best so far. We're not alone, cHiller! He said that Germany is not the team with the highest potential, but they played very well.

Czech vs. USA: 3-0

Czechs over the US 3-2.

Improved as they are over the last few tournaments, it'll be a real achievement for USA to get out of their group.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Also, I love how they do that TMobile "Man of the Match" thing, maybe 12 minutes before the game ends with all of the lower screen of my picture obscured with their skeevy ad b s. Oops!

& the announcers are a joke
    each pair worse than the preceding one
    the only decent comments are from the british / irish duo
    relegated to the "lesser watched" matches

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i know nothing about sports... especially soccer. though i had a good time watching jap/aus play this morning. fun! i take mondays off (rather i dont work as much) so im all soccer today. kinda sick of hearing how much "swagger" the US team has this time around... but other than that its been good.

?: what does "earned a corner" mean?

also, ill be asking questions off and on throughout all this just cause im a rookie and like i said know nothing. yall obviously are fans and know this stuff.

thanks!

• I`m not gonna judge anyone on first games.Good start for germany as far as confidence goes.

Japan got what they deserved for sitting back - they were very disapointing, compared with 2002.NEVER underestimate Australia when it comes to sports though - they`ll fight until the end.

Ghana to get at least a draw today...we`ll see if the US try to come out gunning like they did against portugal 4 years ago..

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

that newspaper is really annoying. it's like the british sun newspaper. very stupid people writing silly articles!

• 'earned a corner' is when an attacking player has pushed a defender into knocking the ball out and getting his team a corner kick.It`s commentator speak - basically saying an attacking player has got his team into an attacking deadball situation - whther they took a shot and it deflected behind for a corner or they hustled a defender into putting the ball out of play.

To a lower degree it could be looked at the same as 'drawing a foul' in b-ball.

Hope you enjoy the other games today - good to hear of people who wouldn`t regularly be fans taking an interest.

Being an englishman in Cali i get the usual comments about 'cissykickers' etc..

Hey Jinx,

Just good to have another footie fan convert!!

A corner earned, is just a corner kick awarded to an attacking team when the ball crosses the goal line last touched by the defending team.

Ask away!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I`m not gonna judge anyone on first games.Good start for germany as far as confidence goes.

me neither. i was just trying to say that most big teams were really disappointing. but the czechs are killing it right now. 1-0 lead. what a team. so sad that koller is leaving borussia dortmund. rosicky too!

brazil and italy to come. good luck!

• TobiTobi 187 Posts

"Dear me, is she chubby. Arms, bust, bum, all very British. Joanne is the sort of girl who drinks sangria on the beach in Majorca. And then dances on a table with her top off," said the paper Monday.

Harharhar , the Bild newspaper is always very funny ...but don't take that too serious, man!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I'm sure The Sun has run a hundred stories that say something like
    "Dear me, is he efficient. Blond hair, blue eyes, all very German. Hans is the sort of Bratwurst eater who gets to the pool at 7am to steal the best chairs. And then dances on a table with his gut out,"

tabloids aim for the Lowest Common Denominator... why the hell do you read them?!!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    well well... rosicky! what a goal!!!

how come he is soooooo much better when playing with the czech national team. he hardly ever played that good in dortmund!

czech - usa: 5-0???

well well... rosicky! what a goal!!!

how come he is soooooo much better when playing with the czech national team. he hardly ever played that good in dortmund!

czech - usa: 5-0???

Perhaps not, now we've probably seen the last of Koller for this tournament.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Thanks for reminding us why this country doesn't care about you, team USA. Does this team even have a heart?

Claudio Reyna is completely incompetent at center-mid. In fact, our entire midfield is bad.

Who drew up our dead ball plays? Fire this person.

No runs being made, no checking back to the ball-handler, no energy.

This team won't win a game if they play like this.

• Options

Claudio Reyna is completely incompetent at center-mid. In fact, our entire midfield is bad

Caught a bad break when he hit the post with that shot though, an inch to the right and he would have tied it up. I agree though, they really need to pick up the pace in the 2nd. Now that Koller is out there is less of a threat from the Czechs too, but US really needs to tighten up.

Donovan had that guy beat but the defender wisely took him down, even though he caught the yellow card he stopped a potential goal.

The US had some pretty good preliminary matches. But I totally agree, no heart right now.

Better step up 2nd half or they will be done like dinner.

• Options
    What up Sween!? All good on L.I.?

Chanboogs, all good out here. Warming up and the fish are biting.

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    Claudio Reyna is completely incompetent at center-mid. In fact, our entire midfield is bad.

agreed, they should pull Reyna out. I think what they need to do is remove Donovan from up front and slide him into an offensive central Mid. Which would get him more involved with the distribution. Bring in Ching up front with McBride to hopefully catch some of those crosses from Convey...

More heart is most def needed...