Please Dont Forget to say the Baby!

2»

Comments

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    now people come out rapping about all their money and cars on their first single? i guess it's just the way times change

yes. this never happened in rap music in the past.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    you sound like a young person who desperately wishes he was old.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

Because i don't like dirty south / crunk / etc. music?

i don't dig as deep as i used to to find hip hop music that i am really into, but i feel very strongly that it is in less abundance than it used to be. i'd love to use that music fan cliche', "I respect what they do." But i don't. Post some mp3s or PM me some lyrics of something that will change my mind. i think its great that different parts of the country are coming up and being recognized, much moreso than when i was listening heavily to hip hop, but i am just not feeling a lot of it.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts

me

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    Wayne is killin it right now,,, artistically and commercially, but he's simply too weird to be in the ring for best rapper alive...Like I said , I got love for dude.

But doesn't anybody else find this odd?

Wayne's "Best Rapper Alive" stadium rock song on the Carter 2 features a ' best rapper alive' chant that's pretty much lifted from Jay-Z's 'best rapper alive' chant at the end of 'Dirt off your shoulders'. Now, I know we're living in a new age of biting relativity, and somehow biting Big and Tupac is now paying homage, and so on but itsn't it weird to say that you're the best rapper alive, and say it in a way that recalls the dude who most would say is probably the best out there? Especially after having 'the Carter' as Jigga was S. Carter, then coming with Weezy baby after Hovi baby, etc

Wayne's ad libs are where it's at tho, and we all know ad libs are the future of Hip Hop. I'm waiting on a Ghost, Jeezy, Weezy ad lib record where there's only 27 seconds of rapping per song allowed...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Wayne's ad libs are where it's at tho
    seriously
    what the fuck is dude doing at the end of the first song? is he licking his fingers or some shit?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    you dont like trap music

*young jeezy has the best adlibs evar (that's riiiight)

• I listened to the Drama/Wayne tape today while working and....

he really is the hottest rapper out right now..I think that is safe to say.

Bravo Weezy F. Baby, bravo!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

i don't dig as deep as i used to to find hip hop music that i am really into, but i feel very strongly that it is in less abundance than it used to be.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Because i don't like dirty south / crunk / etc. music?

i don't dig as deep as i used to to find hip hop music that i am really into, but i feel very strongly that it is in less abundance than it used to be. i'd love to use that music fan cliche', "I respect what they do." But i don't. Post some mp3s or PM me some lyrics of something that will change my mind. i think its great that different parts of the country are coming up and being recognized, much moreso than when i was listening heavily to hip hop, but i am just not feeling a lot of it.

Damn, dude, you really don't like rap.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Wayne's ad libs are where it's at tho
    seriously

what the fuck is dude doing at the end of the first song? is he licking his fingers or some shit?

I am saying.

This is one reason why various peoples' claims that he relies on a ghostwriter are so funny to me. Did the ghostwriter come up with all the weird little noises and coach him on how to deliver them?