J5 feat. Dave Matthews produced by scott storch

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited December 2015 in Music Talk
Can you even imagine anything crappier? I challenge you to try. Lets see....umm... Cannibal Ox featuring Pearl Jam produced by Will.I.Am? hmmm, nope thats still not as crappy. I give up. Im just imagining these dudes on stage together, millions of hackeysacks being kicked around. Dj numark found a way to scratch with a vacuum cleaner and a banjo or something, and then.........A soprano saxaphone solo. Blazing. ...Oh yeah..its real!

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    HA!

shows what you know. you only need 1 hackeysack for a good cipher.

but youll need a million bongos and shakers.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I heard about this today at work and almost strained both eyebrows doing the reverse breakface. The DMBJ5 collaboration was described by someone to me in - and there is no better way to put this - couchedly excited terms. I'm typecast around here as the fuddy-duddy because I get LPs in the mail.

I heard that the video will feature some jee-daying: working the hackeysack whilst beatboxing. Top that, gangster rappers!

• Mel_GibsonMel_Gibson 664 Posts
    ALBUM OF THE YEAR.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    http://myspace.com/jurassic5
    The "Work It Out" track.
    Pretty much EXACTLY how you would expect it to sound. Although that's gotta be a Numark track, not Storchavelli.

Let the hatt flow mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now:

• aegisaegis 261 Posts

Let the hatt flow mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now:

Wow, this is awful. Awfully like what I expected when I took a double take at SOHH's article earlier. Judging by Gnarls Barkley's buzz, who knows how far this will go.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I feel insulted

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I dunno this is probably the crossover hit that will take them platinum really. I can see the majority of middle america loving this song. Its not appealing to me, but I think its probably a good move for J5. Get that money.

Also this is a collaboration brought to you by Interscope, not something that J5 came up with.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    http://myspace.com/jurassic5
    The "Work It Out" track.

Toothless

• Wow, that track is soft. J5 can't do that kinda shit

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Im so not even listening to this. I prefer to stay in my private mind garden where soprano saxaphone solos careen over scott storch terds and then a verse by that charli tuna guy.....I cant stop laughing.

In all honesty, its probably a smart career move. Much more money in being the non threatening multi-cultural rap group that opens for dave mathews band arena tours.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    did an interview with numark yesterday and asked him about this feature and he said they wanted to do it just to get new things going and that they never let "the fans dictate their moves"....he used the example of many people being pissed when they went on the major route. I totally understand this as a career move and am not mad at them since they deserve that shine imo...it is still the weakest track on the album though...but there are still a few burners on there...no hat on J5 from my side....the hackeysackcrowd that both mathews and j5 share will be glad to have this...doesn't do for me but hat on them for this? Go "keep it real", dudes....

did an interview with numark yesterday and asked him about this feature and he said they wanted to do it just to get new things going and that they never let "the fans dictate their moves"....he used the example of many people being pissed when they went on the major route. I totally understand this as a career move and am not mad at them since they deserve that shine imo...it is still the weakest track on the album though...but there are still a few burners on there...no hat on J5 from my side....the hackeysackcrowd that both mathews and j5 share will be glad to have this...doesn't do for me but hat on them for this? Go "keep it real", dudes....

Hey, you know Im not mad at it. Dudes are prolly in their 30's now, mabye got the family with em on tour. Bustin out a little hackey sack with dave. Mabye a little saxaphone solo.. and get that PHISH money.

Anyway, its farrr to hilarious to be mad at. ANyway im sure they are all chillin in the beer garden somewhere rolling in that tour money, not stressing soundscan. But i dont even think the roots would do a song with dave matthews, and you know in the back of their minds they are all very concious of how lame they look doing it.

Meanwhile Storchavelli the vampire takes a break from trying to text message hogans daughter to push the levels up for that killer saxaphone solo.

Meanwhile Storchavelli the vampire takes a break from trying to text message hogans daughter to push the levels up for that killer saxaphone solo.

storch didn't produce the mathews song, he did the one called "Brown Girl" if I am correct...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Hey, you know Im not mad at it. Dudes are prolly in their 30's now, mabye got the family with em on tour. Bustin out a little hackey sack with dave. Mabye a little saxaphone solo.. and get that PHISH money.

There is actually a difference between phish and DMB fans.

Phish

DMB

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    ...then a verse by that charli tuna guy.....I cant stop laughing.

This reminds me of my alltime favorite Okayplayer thread title: RAKIM COULD LEARN A THING OR TWO FROM CHARLIE TUNA!!!

• I have a had a few good listens to the album and i think it definitely shows a growth that few groups can accomplish. it has a grown folks feel to it. i think the fact that cut chemist wasn't invlolved was a good thing. it was weird to see them perform without him but it still has the energy, fuck it i am a fan of their work. i dig the track.

I have a had a few good listens to the album and i think it definitely shows a growth that few groups can accomplish. it has a grown folks feel to it. i think the fact that cut chemist wasn't invlolved was a good thing. it was weird to see them perform without him but it still has the energy, fuck it i am a fan of their work. i dig the track.

growth
    Pronunciation: 'grOth
    Function: noun
    2a:an abnormal proliferation of tissue (as a tumor)

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    reverse breakface

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    reverse breakface

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    this sounds fucking horrible. J5 has been a guilty pleasure the first time around, but I've been losing interest as time goes on (hype funk 45 beat+group vocals+repeat). damn it though! this is not the "we swtiched our shit-up for this labum" move I wanted 'em make.

Doesn't Exile have a beat on the new j5? That Al Green flip he rocked on that old Sound In Color joint?

GEEZUS DAVE FUCKING MATTHEWS?!?!??!?!??!

P.S. A lot of your cornballs have more in common with Dave Matthews and his audience that you care to admit.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    P.S. A lot of your cornballs have more in common with Dave Matthews and his audience that you care to admit.

o'rly?

would you care to tell us "cornballs" how you came up with that assessment?

[color:white]or perhaps its just a case of asshurtness attributed to a self-loathing closet dave matthews fan. [/color]

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Doesn't Exile have a beat on the new j5? That Al Green flip he rocked on that old Sound In Color joint?

i haven't heard the exile joint from the sound in color, but i have heard the new j5 with the al green "flip" (as you say). i thought nu produced that beat.

i was thinking the exact same thing.

You have no idea what you are talking about--I would never wear a pink shirt that tight. And I wear Lacoste, not Polo.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

o'rly?

would you care to tell us "cornballs" how you came up with that assessment?

[color:white]or perhaps its just a case of asshurtness attributed to a self-loathing closet dave matthews fan. [/b] [/color]

I've seen the "what do you look like" threads b/w "soulstrut isn't full of nerdy, middle-to-upper class white dudes?" w/ bonus beat "I've met dudes in the real world".

I coudn't name a Dave Matthews song to save my life. My closes interaction with "DAVE" was when I was dating this girl back in 98 and she was into this one live album he did.

but i'm a fuckin' nerd as well, so it's saule gravy. It's just funny the whole "pot calling the kettle *ahem*black" thing on Soulstrut sometimes.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

the whole "pot calling the kettle *ahem*black" thing on Soulstrut sometimes.

alot of extra-medium shirts are rocked around here.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Speaking of Dave Mattews meets J5, does anyone know why Cut Chemist split?

• dayday 9,612 Posts

i haven't heard the exile joint from the sound in color, but i have heard the new j5 with the al green "flip" (as you say). i thought nu produced that beat.

Oh, ok, nevermind the

So that shit's out already? I'm not up on my J5 release dates.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Speaking of Dave Mattews meets J5, does anyone know why Cut Chemist split?

He heard that they would be doing a song with Dave Matthews! LOL