J5 feat. Dave Matthews produced by scott storch

2»

Comments

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Doesn't Exile have a beat on the new j5? That Al Green flip he rocked on that old Sound In Color joint?

Speaking of Dave Mattews meets J5, does anyone know why Cut Chemist split?

He heard that they would be doing a song with Dave Matthews! LOL

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    P.S. A lot of your cornballs have more in common with Dave Matthews and his audience that you care to admit.

o'rly?

would you care to tell us "cornballs" how you came up with that assessment?

[color:white]or perhaps its just a case of asshurtness attributed to a self-loathing closet dave matthews fan. [/b] [/color]

I've seen the "what do you look like" threads b/w "soulstrut isn't full of nerdy, middle-to-upper class white dudes?" w/ bonus beat "I've met dudes in the real world".

I coudn't name a Dave Matthews song to save my life. My closes interaction with "DAVE" was when I was dating this girl back in 98 and she was into this one live album he did.

Young Phonics, your eagerness to distance yourself from all things Dave Matthews-related suggests that you are hiding something... perhaps a closet full of meticulously ordered Dave Matthews Band concert bootlegs or even membership in an online forum dedicated to trading such bootlegs.

Not only have I never heard a Dave Matthews song, I have never dated a girl that listened to Dave Matthews!

In your face!

Holla!

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    not until july sometime.

P.S. A lot of your cornballs have more in common with Dave Matthews and his audience that you care to admit.

o'rly?

would you care to tell us "cornballs" how you came up with that assessment?

[color:white]or perhaps its just a case of asshurtness attributed to a self-loathing closet dave matthews fan. [/b] [/color]

I've seen the "what do you look like" threads b/w "soulstrut isn't full of nerdy, middle-to-upper class white dudes?" w/ bonus beat "I've met dudes in the real world".

I coudn't name a Dave Matthews song to save my life. My closes interaction with "DAVE" was when I was dating this girl back in 98 and she was into this one live album he did.

Young Phonics, your eagerness to distance yourself from all things Dave Matthews-related suggests that you are hiding something... perhaps a closet full of meticulously ordered Dave Matthews Band concert bootlegs or [/b]even membership in an online forum dedicated to trading such bootlegs.[/b]

Not only have I never heard a Dave Matthews song, I have never dated a girl that listened to Dave Matthews!

In your face!

Holla!

I WOULD NEVER INDULEGE IN A ONLINE FORUM OF SUCH NERDERY!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    My friggin lil sister swears by Dave Matthews.

Style-wise she is probably sub-Becky.

She was born in New Orleans, but we moved away too soon afterwards for any of it to rub off on her.

I was talking to my wife about her last night and one conclusion I made during our conversation was that instead of changing her diapers like a good big brother, I shoulda given that lil baby ass a few indiscriminate beatings.

It worked for my other sister, who is for life...tough as nails. My favorite was when she got suspended in 5th grade for beating the crap out of a boy who was trying to pick on her.

Geaux West Bank upbringing!!!

Also, a question:

Now that they're sporting a Dave Matthews collab, has Project Blowed finally made it[/b]?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Now that they're sporting a Dave Matthews collab, has Project Blowed finally made it[/b]?

I dunno, but dave mathews definitely bit the blowed.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Its so funny to hear that cut chemist split. You know that dave mathews shit had to be an issue.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Its so funny to hear that cut chemist split. You know that dave mathews shit had to be an issue.

cut chemist really left the group? wow, i've been sleeping. he was the only reason i had any respect for J5 in recent years. Shit, they might as well be BEP now.

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    i cant wait for this to drop...i love this
    this would be a certified classic, if only young jeezy was on it

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    My friggin lil sister swears by Dave Matthews.

Style-wise she is probably sub-Becky.

shocking revelation.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

I haven't ever heard his music, but dude lives down the street from me. His three-year-old grabbed my girlfriend's ass at the coffee shop. Dave was apologetic.

I haven't ever heard his music, but dude lives down the street from me[/b]. His three-year-old grabbed my girlfriend's ass at the coffee shop. Dave was apologetic.

you just made soulstrut secretly jealous

b/w

I haven't ever heard his music, but dude lives down the street from me[/b]. His three-year-old grabbed my girlfriend's ass at the coffee shop. Dave was apologetic.

you just made soulstrut secretly jealous

b/w

Well you know, on a calm day we can hackey sack between our yachts...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Wallingford??

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i cant wait for this to drop...i love this
    this would be a certified classic, if only young jeezy was on it

the streets are reporting that the remix will feature Lil Wayne and Rick Ross

Wallingford??

Yeah, Greenlake.

Although those "connected to the streets" would definitely rank this neighborhood as "soft serve", it always struck me as a comparatively non- place for Mr. Matthews to reside.

Yarrow Point it ain't.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

nah. Cut's been out for a while now, he's doing his own thing is all.

nah. Cut's been out for a while now, he's doing his own thing is all.

not for nothing, but that album was an interesting listen. I was expecting a bunch of "FUNKY UPTEMPO B-BOY BRAKE MITZVAHS", but shit is more like psych prog garage mania with some brazilian flavors. I wonder if his fanbase will scrutinize Chemist as much as they've scrutinized Shadow since his latest effort, like Shadow's, is practically a 180 from what made dude a "household" name.