Strutters need a Guide To Cool

2»

Comments

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    lol @ dudes who are concerned with drinks affecting their manliness. You all have been watching too many "Man Law" commercials.

Exactly.

And fuck snooty fucking bartenders. Like your opinion even matters. You are paid to serve the customer. What drink the customer orders if none of your concern.

I have never ordered a LIT, but I recently had to cut out diary, wheat and high sugar foods from my diet, and drinking shorts, all night, meens a lot of trips to the bar. So I would check the 'non manly' drinks occasionally. And the fucking shit you have to put up with, from barstaff, who think that their possition somehow elevates them above the level of the customer. wankers.

Hear hear, it's roughly the same damn level as the superior record store employee syndrome. When you break it down, they're just glorified servants, so why the delusions of grandeur? Just give me my damn rackerd/drink and save the snooty looks.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    9. if you are a man and you drink breezers or smirnoff ice or any other premix candydrink: time to take a long hard look in the mirror homey.

Over here we call them "Alcopops", ha!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    lol @ dudes who are concerned with drinks affecting their manliness. You all have been watching too many "Man Law" commercials.

Exactly.

And fuck snooty fucking bartenders. Like your opinion even matters. You are paid to serve the customer. What drink the customer orders if none of your concern.

I have never ordered a LIT, but I recently had to cut out diary, wheat and high sugar foods from my diet, and drinking shorts, all night, meens a lot of trips to the bar. So I would check the 'non manly' drinks occasionally. And the fucking shit you have to put up with, from barstaff, who think that their possition somehow elevates them above the level of the customer. wankers.

Hear hear, it's roughly the same damn level as the superior record store employee syndrome. When you break it down, they're just glorified servants, so why the delusions of grandeur? Just give me my damn rackerd/drink and save the snooty looks.

haha, asshurt all round.

ok so im guessing you two are either potential troublemakers and definate dickheads,you are amateurs, not cool, posers, big idiots and it is most definatly
    time to take a long hard look in the mirror honeys.

i know what you mean about the superior syndrome, a lot of new (and stress the new) bartenders seem to think that cleaning up after the general public makes them cool.

and Diamante D, the fact that you see these people as just glorified servants probably explains why you get attitude in bars, record stores, life in general. nice comment dude.

one more thing guys... remember rule number 10: TIP YOUR BARTENDER

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

and Diamante D, the fact that you see these people as just glorified servants probably explains why you get attitude in bars, record stores, life in general. nice comment dude.

Ha, naw man I treat people how they treat me, but I was making a point. Why the inflated sense of self-worth when you're just doing a real basic till job, that pretty much anyone could do?

I've worked bars and record shops for years, so it's not like I don't know the score. They're shitty jobs that don't pay enough for the amount of hard work you have to put in.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    7. if the beer comes in a bottle, drink it from the bottle.

why's that then?

i should rephrase, if you are drinking mass produced corporate beer (heineken, bud, corona, steinlager, carlton cold et al), drink it from the bottle. if you are drinking a good trappist or nice belgian trippel etc, you do need it in the glass.

i guess im coming across as a bitter old fucker, but yeah, that pretty much sums me up

Diamante, like you said dude, its a shitty job thats underpaid... ok im off to my shitty underpaid barjob now, see you all on Monday.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

why's that then?

i should rephrase, if you are drinking mass produced corporate beer (heineken, bud, corona, steinlager, carlton cold et al), drink it from the bottle. if you are drinking a good trappist or nice belgian trippel etc, you do need it in the glass.

i guess im coming across as a bitter old fucker, but yeah, that pretty much sums me up

Diamante, like you said dude, its a shitty job thats underpaid... ok im off to my shitty underpaid barjob now, see you all on Monday.

Less of the chit chat and more haste with my drinks garcon!

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Having worked in bars all over the world for going on 12 years now id like to add my 0,02 on why people care what other people drink.

Agree in whole to the rest with this being the exception.

In the case of bottle conditioned beers or unfiltered beers (along with a few others) you do want to pour them into a glass because you are allowing a process to continue and will be drinking the beer the way it was was crafted to be enjoyed.

This being said, pouring Rolling Rock into a glass is idiotic.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Exactly.

You are quite clearly yuppie scum.

Again, [ap]help me to help you[/ap] and refer back to the title of this thread.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Drinking as any sort of badge of cool is...lame.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    This thread Drinking as any sort of badge of cool is...lame.

and yes, and trying to equate coolness or masculinity with any kind of drinking is dumb.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This thread Drinking as any sort of badge of cool is...lame.

and yes, and
    trying to equate coolness or masculinity with any kind of drinking is dumb.

yet fun!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

why's that then?

and most wheat beers should always be poured, leaving a half inch in the bottle, swirl around to loosen up the yeast (yeast?), and then pour that. It pains me to see people drink yeasty (yeast?) beers out of the bottle. That last sip must fucking disgusting.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Anything with a straw sticking out of the glass is frou frou. No exceptions.

Exception: If I'm sipping cokes because I'm DD. My frou frou ass is getting your drunk ass home safely. This is the sole exception.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts
    Anything with a straw sticking out of the glass is frou frou. No exceptions.

Exception: If I'm sipping cokes because I'm DD. My frou frou ass is getting your drunk ass home safely. This is the sole exception.

When drinking a well-prepared Bloody Mary, celery is a must...no frou frou.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Exactly.

haha, asshurt all round.

ok so im guessing you two are either potential troublemakers and definate dickheads,you are amateurs, not cool, posers, big idiots and it is most definatly
    time to take a long hard look in the mirror honeys.

i know what you mean about the superior syndrome, a lot of new (and stress the new) bartenders seem to think that cleaning up after the general public makes them cool.

one more thing guys... remember rule number 10: TIP YOUR BARTENDER

Just to clarify, my comment was aimed at the dudes who worry about anyone else at the bar actually caring what they drink. I've got nothing but love and respect for bartenders that have to deal with drunken idiots on a nightly basis. I will never have the patience/stamina for that kind of job, so I always tip generously.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    having worked in bars all over the world for going on 12 years now id like to add my 0,02 on why people care what other people drink.

1. if you order a LI and are a. male or b. over 21 you will be tagged by bartenders and bouncers as a potential troublemaker and a definate dickhead.
    2. if you ask for a 'whiskey' or 'vodka' or 'gin' or even 'beer' you will get the cheapest shit we can possibly find.
    3. if you mix good whiskey with cola or drink it on the rocks you are an amateur
    4. Jager bombs are not cool
    5. drinking a shot by holding it between your thumb abd pinkie or only on your mouth immediatly identifies you as a poser.
    6. the more debris in a drink (straws, fruit, stirrers, umfuckingbrellas) the bigger the idiot drinking it.
    8. if you spill a drink, smash a glass etc, say sorry (amazing how many dont)
    9. if you are a man and you drink breezers or smirnoff ice or any other premix candydrink: time to take a long hard look in the mirror homey.
    10. TIP YOUR BARTENDER
    I just got around to reading this post and I must say that this is the funniest thing that I have read all week.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I would like to add that real men don't drink daiquiris

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    yummy mixed drinks

sangria
    french martini
    french 75 (w/gin) or 76 (w/vodka)
    corona w/ lime juice and hot sauce
    caesers - spicy and easy on the horseradish or else it's bitter
    bourbon/whiskey sours
    greyhounds
    coffee and franjelico

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    That last sip must fucking disgusting.

The first, second and third aren't much to write home about either. I can't stand wheat beers.

When drinking bloody marys, try some horseradish in it. Gives a nice back heat to it.

• silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
    Shark juice put a hole in my stomach.

KL can vouch for my former table-flipping antics as a one time alchholic / fighter of nice people and strangers. Fuck a mix drink, but mixing drank is next level.