Christina Aguilera and Primo

Comments

• sounds Rich Harrison influnced....in a good way (im sure RH was primo influnced)

reason #231142 why i love serato, thanks for the track

Funny - when i listened to it a second time, I was thinking, "this is very Rich Harrison" but as noted, that'd kind of bring it full circle. Except that, if Rich Harrison had produced this, it'd probably actually be hot.[/b]

DAMMMMN

you're probably right though, Rich Harrison takes care of "vocal arrangements" too so he would kept Christina in check a little more

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    get my body stronger for Fantastic Four 2.

They greenlit a sequel for this piece of shit?

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I'll put whipped cream on anything.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    get my body stronger for Fantastic Four 2.

They greenlit a sequel for this piece of shit?

Seriously, WTF. I fell asleep during that fucking mess of a movie. Although if she puts whipped cream all over her self a la herb alpert cover art I will watch part II.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    The problem with Xtina[/b] is that she has a technically talented voice but she insists on using way too much fucking melisma (i.e. those vocal runs which have totally plagued "American Idol" contestants). Of course, she's just following in the lines of earlier singers like Whitney Houston who was the first "modern" R&B singer to really use melisma as a highlight of her vocal abilities...then Mariah Carey took that shit to the next level and Xtina[/b] has been the latest incarnation.

Is that how you type her name when y'all text each other?

This song is ok but it's Primo? Like whoa.

Anyone else hear Primo and Emma Bunton--besser bekants als "Baby Spice"--doing a cover of "What I Am" by Edie Brickell and New Bohemians? It's not nearly as bad as it should be.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    It's not nearly as bad as it should be.

... and that, sir, is about the most lukewarm endorsement I've ever heard

The problem with Xtina[/b] is that she has a technically talented voice but she insists on using way too much fucking melisma (i.e. those vocal runs which have totally plagued "American Idol" contestants). Of course, she's just following in the lines of earlier singers like Whitney Houston who was the first "modern" R&B singer to really use melisma as a highlight of her vocal abilities...then Mariah Carey took that shit to the next level and Xtina[/b] has been the latest incarnation.

Is that how you type her name when y'all text each other?

Secret Treehouse Code. Catch up.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Ads by Google: Whipped Cream Dispenser...

---

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    And ya'll said Primo was old and not relevant as a producer...

This shit is dope.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

Anyone else hear Primo and Emma Bunton--besser bekants als "Baby Spice"--doing a cover of "What I Am" by Edie Brickell and New Bohemians? It's not nearly as bad as it should be.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    It's pretty good.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    It makes me wanna go home and listen to the Primo remix of Brandy's "Almost Doesn't Count".

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    My girlfriend started clowning it. She said, "This is Christina Agulera: I said how do you know? She started melismizing sarcastically.

• My girlfriend started clowning it. She said, "This is Christina Agulera: I said how do you know? She started melismizing sarcastically[/b].

------ Thank you!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    what's up with an instrumental? that beat is juicy and ripe for mashups and blends.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    It's not nearly as bad as it should be.

... and that, sir, is about the most lukewarm endorsement I've ever heard

Tepid real schitt terd?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    what's up with an instrumental? that beat is juicy and ripe for mashups and blends.

although i like the overall vibe of the song, I have my doubts if that will work really well with its stop and go aesthetics...only in the end the drums roll on, a thing which lacked in the arrangement throughout the song imho...but if theres a nice vid, prolly folls will eat it...

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
    Nice production, but she sounds creepily like Michael Jackson.

However, just as I knew it when I first heard Spice Girls 'Wannabe', I just know that this will be huge.

Actually I recant my previous Rich Harrison comparison. The beat sounds like something QSO would have cooked up on one of the Rebutz Remix EPs. TOTALLY.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I pronounce it......

arugula.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

arugula.

peppery good!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I stopped paying attention halfway through the second verse.

Faux

Primo is still making tracks with rap dudes, but they're just like "whatevers". I don't even check for 'em, if that indicates anything.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    the drums are recognizable, but it just sounds like Primo sped up....Going for a banger, but didn't quite do it here.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Let me try this again...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    her husband put her up on premier. premo let me hear about 5 tracks he's doing for her album. you gotta understand premo was going up against the label and christana and the writers and the [email]a@r's[/email] and so on and so on. i'm pretty sure he probably would have made it more grittier than this but then again you can't satisfy everybody. not everybodys gonna like the track. i think it's gonna be big. he played all the tracks and this one stood out out of the rest for a single. he's got more that are slow to medium tempo. also you won't belive how much he does on the underground level. he played all kinds of tracks for me that are about to come out soon. some big some small. dude is crazy busy with work.

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    sounds Rich Harrison influnced....in a good way (im sure RH was primo influnced)

Rich Harrison is supposed to be on this album too. Please leak asap.

Oh, and I like this primo track.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

Funny - when i listened to it a second time, I was thinking, "this is very Rich Harrison" but as noted, that'd kind of bring it full circle. Except that, if Rich Harrison had produced this, it'd probably sample a Meters loop that sounded like someone throwing half a ton of scaffolding down an elevator shaft.[/b]

Just kidding - I love me some Rich Harrison. That Toni Braxton joint he did for her last album has been the most bootlegged r&b joint of the year in London.

I liked it. I play that original record he used all the time, can't even remember what it is at the moment though. Can someone post that Toni Braxton? I have still yet to hear it.

Yeah I guess Premo, Rich Harrison and Mark Ronson are handling most of the production.

This just made me spit out the beer I'm drinking.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    Yeah I guess Premo, Rich Harrison and Mark Ronson are handling most of the production.

You're sure? I thought Linda whatever-her-name-is, ex-4 Non Blondes, handled half of the album.

I think this new tune is great and I look forward to the album. People are so busy hating that they sometimes miss out on the good stuff like "Impossible" or "Singing My Song".

Like I do, with Shadow...