Christina Aguilera and Primo

13»

Comments

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    Yeah I guess Premo, Rich Harrison and Mark Ronson are handling most of the production.

You're sure? I thought Linda whatever-her-name-is, ex-4 Non Blondes, handled half of the album.

I think this new tune is great and I look forward to the album.

I heard Mark Ronson say he, Primo and RH were on it, but he did not say how much they were doing.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Yeah I guess Premo, Rich Harrison and Mark Ronson are handling most of the production.

You're sure? I thought Linda whatever-her-name-is, ex-4 Non Blondes, handled half of the album.

Linda Perry, who did a lot of the Pink poop too. Yes, that sounds plausible. I think she's done tracks for Christina previously as well.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    It's a grower. Like it more each time I hear it which is lucky as I reckon this will be played to death by the end of the Summer.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

Linda Perry, who did a lot of the Pink poop too. Yes, that sounds plausible. I think she's done tracks for Christina previously as well.

I was under the impression that Linda was strictly lyric writing.

Speaking of new tracks - anyone hear that new Beyonce? Sounds like another Rich Harrison track. Oh yes, Jay drops a verse as well. Should be dropping in the next few weeks.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

I was under the impression that Linda was strictly lyric writing.

Speaking of new tracks - anyone hear that new Beyonce? Sounds like another Rich Harrison track. Oh yes, Jay drops a verse as well. Should be dropping in the next few weeks.

Rodney Jerkins did that one. The Rich Harrison joint is earmarked for the second single. A friend of mine's heard the album, but he wouldn't be drawn on how much of it is gloopy, "I love my daddy" ballads. Not too much, one would hope.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    This shit is fuckin ass dude.

good for primo for getting that paper but it sounds like american idol on fatboy slim. I could see some of you dudes rolling to this though! haha.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    that Xtina is juicy and ripe for mashups and blends.

Anyone else hear Primo and Emma Bunton--besser bekants als "Baby Spice"--doing a cover of "What I Am" by Edie Brickell and New Bohemians? It's not nearly as bad as it should be.

anyone got audio for those two tracks ?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I liked it. I play that original record he used all the time, can't even remember what it is at the moment though.

I think it was the "Here comes the meterman" break. B-Side of the "cissy strut" single...actually, I will play this 2nite too....

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    You have to give it up to Christina for calling Primo and requesting the intro to the group home lp. What other R&B artist would call and request that beat? I'll buy her lp just for that alone...lol

And while we're on Primo, some shameless promo;

Peep the new Termanology prod. by Primo "Watch how it go down"

http://www.myspace.com/therealtermanology

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I like David Baby Cortez - Happy Soul (with a hook) better, though I do like his breakdowns. They're old school.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Ok I remember now, that sample he used is off the Moon People "Land of Love" Lp on the Speed label. A latin psych record. I used to always play that song.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Ok I remember now, that sample he used is off the Moon People "Land of Love" Lp on the Speed label. A latin psych record. I used to always play that song.

same instrumentation as what he actually based it off of. David Baby Cortez. The Cortez version has breakzzzzz.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Happy soul (with a hook)? Been a while since I heard that. Good song though.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Dope?

Dude has sampled the Moon People.

The OG drums sound really nice, that shit I heard is just bad!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Peep the new Termanology prod. by Primo "Watch how it go down"

http://www.myspace.com/therealtermanology

t h a t ' s - T H A T - R E A L - S C H I T T T T T[/b]