discuss.Sage Francis - BackpackerDJ Vadim f/Slug - Edie Brickel

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Minus the MC'ing

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    WHO CARES?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    WHO CARES?
    I know it's totally a subjective thing and impossible to argue, but this cliche always pops up and it always rubs me the wrong way. It's like people who say "I listen to everything but country". I mean, who can argue with that, I guess, but they both strike me more as automatic, indoctrinated responses rather than observations from those who have taken the time to explore what's out there and to listen without prejudice. Especially given the recent wave of interest in so-called "random rap", I'm surprised more people haven't started to dig deeper in the crates for Emo-Rap MCs and, more importantly, recalibrate the way they appreciate the vast number of gems that are out there.

to be honest though, I think the best emo-rap tracks are cool, but i won't argue that the vast majority sound winey and lame

that said, i was hoping some people would point out their (secret) favorites even with the looming barrage of hatt.

WHO CARES?
    I know it's totally a subjective thing and impossible to argue, but this cliche always pops up and it always rubs me the wrong way. It's like people who say "I listen to everything but country". I mean, who can argue with that, I guess, but they both strike me more as automatic, indoctrinated responses rather than observations from those who have taken the time to explore what's out there and to listen without prejudice. Especially given the recent wave of interest in so-called "random rap", I'm surprised more people haven't started to dig deeper in the crates for Emo-Rap MCs and, more importantly, recalibrate the way they appreciate the vast number of gems that are out there.

to be honest though, I think the best emo-rap tracks are cool, but i won't argue that the vast majority sound winey and lame

that said, i was hoping some people would point out their (secret) favorites even with the looming barrage of hatt.

To be honest, I don't think I have ever heard an "emo" rap track. I saw an atmposphere video on MTV the other night. That Slug guy was sitting on a bed in a cheap motel room looking all sad and serious. I was not really feelin' it. I guess that was an emo rap track. All those kids listening to that emo rap need to drop it and listen to UGK instead!

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    Atmosphere is considered Emo-Rap, right?

Then i would say "Trying to find a balance"...

other than that i don't know really much about "Emo-Rap".

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    WHO CARES?

To be honest, I don't think I have ever heard an "emo" rap track. I saw an atmposphere video on MTV the other night. That Slug guy was sitting on a bed in a cheap motel room looking all sad and serious. I was not really feelin' it. I guess that was an emo rap track. All those kids listening to that emo rap need to drop it and listen to UGK Brian Austin Green - One Stop Carnival[/b] instead!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Atmosphere is considered Emo-Rap, right?

Then i would say "Trying to find a balance"...

other than that i don't know really much about "Emo-Rap".
    yeh, everything he does is Emo-Rap pretty much. thats a good one btw.

The emo architect!

• Anything that starts "When I'm Alone In My Room...."

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Yeah, this dude is nice.

But fuck that title though...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Anything that starts "When I'm Alone In My Room...."

• Anything that starts "When I'm Alone In My Room...."

Definitely emo rap.

I like Bushwick Bill's cell phone in this picture!

• eh, it's a little on the skinny side though.

I like 'em a lil thicker if yadadadimeen...

so did Bill get a new phone while he was in the hospital?

ahh, ne'er mind I guess it's just the angle of the photo...

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    the problem with the "i like everything but country" analogy is that there's a pretty wide variety of sounds that could fall under the umbrella of "country" music. "emo rap" is a pretty specific thing.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Somewhere Young_Pho is cackling...

I prefer my phones to come with a backpack or tote.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I like Bushwick Bill's cell phone Willie D's distressed purple denim jacket in this picture!

I like Bushwick Bill's cell phone Willie D's distressed purple denim jacket in this picture!

What about Mr. Scarface's leather pants?

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

What about Bushwick Bill's MISSING FUCKING EYEBALL[/b]?! What's up with THAT?!

Dudes is like "Yo, check the phone...Yo, that jacket is kinda wild..."

MY MAN IS SITTING THERE IN AN ADJUSTABLE BALL CAP AND MINUS ONE FUCKING EYEBALL[/b]! AND ROCKING A FUCKING TOWEL[/b]! PRESUMABLY TO DAB AT ANY LIQUID THAT MIGHT LEAK FROM HIS GAPING, EMPTY EYE SOCKET[/b]!

Just as a Smith & Wesson beats four aces (and, apparently, one eyeball), missing body parts will always Always ALWAYS trump the highest fashion. Like, I don't care how "tight" your shoe game is--you're always gonna lose to the first dude that rolls up with a peg leg, know what I mean? Deal with it, Conrad.

This goes so far beyond fashion, and y'all are stuck on some food-court shit. Chess Jesters, all of you.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Naw, that's just Bushwick Bill.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Atmosphere - "Sunshine" The "Lucy Ford" album is a emo rap classic.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Somewhere Young_Pho is cackling...

I prefer my phones to come with a backpack or tote.

You mean like the one dude is rocking in the "New Jack Hustler" video?

• robstafarirobstafari 32 Posts
    i've always dug that track by 'sole' called 'bumperstickers'..

the line 'the perfect way to spend a perfect moment is all alone' is emo to the max.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    "Scapegoat" is probably one of 2 Atmosphere songs I even find listenable. Jesus: it's almost 10 years old, now.

Over the hill right now, and looking for love. Indeed.

Not to get too, like, Crucial, or anything: What constitutes Emo, anymore? It is just whites and black dudes who don't rap about shooting cats in the ear? How much of DefJux is Emo-Hop? How much is Post-Hop? And who let these anticon fucks in the room? Hell, isn't THIS guy Emo?:

Scarf majick.

I think Gil Scott-Heron was the first Emo-Rapper. "Pieces of a Man?" Sounds like Eyedea to me. And all this Poetry and Revolution talk; that shit was big in the 90s, right? (Key Be To Lock, and all that).

• cascas 1,484 Posts

What about Bushwick Bill's MISSING FUCKING EYEBALL[/b]?! What's up with THAT?!

Dudes is like "Yo, check the phone...Yo, that jacket is kinda wild..."

MY MAN IS SITTING THERE IN AN ADJUSTABLE BALL CAP AND MINUS ONE FUCKING EYEBALL[/b]! AND ROCKING A FUCKING TOWEL[/b]! PRESUMABLY TO DAB AT ANY LIQUID THAT MIGHT LEAK FROM HIS GAPING, EMPTY EYE SOCKET[/b]!

Just as a Smith & Wesson beats four aces (and, apparently, one eyeball), missing body parts will always Always ALWAYS trump the highest fashion. Like, I don't care how "tight" your shoe game is--you're always gonna lose to the first dude that rolls up with a peg leg, know what I mean? Deal with it, Conrad.

This goes so far beyond fashion, and y'all are stuck on some food-court shit. Chess Jesters, all of you.
    haha!!
    "stuck on some food court shit."
    "the first dude that rolls up with a peg leg..."

loving this shit.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    How many emo rappers does it take to change a light bulb?

Fuck em', let em' cry.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^
    They only use candles...