• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    1)

2)

3)

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    1) Yes - Fragile
    2) Eagles and Andrew Gold at the Omni in Atlanta 1977. Steve Miller showed up for the encore!
    3) Steve Howe and Jimmy Page.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    I was in the tape and CD game for a while, then in 98' I got my first record.

1- Arsonists, ???Venom b/w Seed??? 12"
    2- Metallica
    3-

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    First record was Run DMC. I can't remember if it was Rock Box or Hard times

First Concert was U2. After the The Unforgettable Fire LP.

Hero is:

you did say Triangle...

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Not enough love for this record.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Not enough love for this record.

True. This is the LP (for those that don't know). Peep the hip-house track on that.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    One of these things is not like the other:

Kiss 108 show back in the early 90's w/ bbd, nkotb, mc hammer, aerosmith[/b], and more..

Interesting. Wouldn't expect to see Aerosmith on the same show as these Top 40 Vanilla-Ice-ish-type acts. I'll bet they were the only act on the bill that didn't wear baggy pants, do synchronized steps and dance the Running Man.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    DJ Rectangle - Ultimate Battle Weapon
    white vinyl was fun to pull out at house party gigs... the "special scratching record"

Richard Marx @ King's Dominion w/my sister.
    1st big hip-hop show was a vast improvement.

DJ Jazzy Jeff - some of the first and best scratching I had heard in songs.

• LuckyLaneLuckyLane 35 Posts
    First LP:

First Concert:

First Hero:

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    1. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - He's The DJ...I'm The Rapper 2LP
    2. I think my first concert ever with Imperial Teen circa What Is Not To Love? My first arena show was Wu-Tang Clan/Killarmy circa Wu-Tang Forever.
    3. Mike Patton

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I'll bet they were the only act on the bill that didn't wear baggy pants, do synchronized steps and dance the Running Man.

jane child wasnt doing the running man.
    i would love to find out who the other artists on the bill were.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    johnny b good was one of my first favorite songs

I remember being 5 and watching some little kid at the school talent show kill it while lip singing that song. He had chuck berry locked! 5 year old

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

THE DEAD IN 1993

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    1. FIRST RECORD YOU BOUGHT: The Police -- "Spirits in the Material World" 45 single, with "Flexible Strategies" on the flipside. Actually the B side was a nice funky jam.

2. FIRST CONCERT YOU ATTENDED: 10,000 Maniacs opening for R.E.M., in Charlottesville VA.

3. FIRST GUITAR/DRUM/BASS/KEYBOARD/ACCORDIAN/VOCAL/TRIANGLE/VIOLIN/ETC.HERO:

Drum hero: Stewart Copeland - The Police
    Sitar hero: Ananda Shankar
    Bass hero: Sting
    Keyboards hero: Kraftwerk (their sequencers probably deserved most of the credit.)

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

1. i didnt actually buy it, i stole it from some kid at school. at age 14 this album turned my world upside down, fucking amazing.

2. was a traineee panel op. at a local top 40 radio station, they sponsored the NZ leg of the unskinnybop world tour... even though it was my 1st concert and it had pyrotechnics, bright lights and real girls boobies (hey i was 15) i still knew that it sucked.

3. legend.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    1. FIRST RECORD YOU BOUGHT:If I remember correctly, it was the Liquid Swords/Labels 12" by the GZA way back in late '95/early '96.

2. FIRST CONCERT YOU ATTENDED:I forgot exactly which tour it was but it was circa '87-'88. The performers were LL Cool J, Big Daddy Kane, Public Enemy and couple of other groups/artists. It was at the Spectrum in Philly and my mom took my brother and I there. She was a big hip hop fan back then!

3. FIRST GUITAR/DRUM/BASS/KEYBOARD/ACCORDIAN/VOCAL/TRIANGLE/VIOLIN/ETC.HERO:I don't know if this answers your question but I used to jock the RZA. Musically, I wanted to grow up to be just like him.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

3. FIRST GUITAR/DRUM/BASS/KEYBOARD/ACCORDIAN/VOCAL/TRIANGLE/VIOLIN/ETC.HERO:I don't know if this answers your question but I used to jock the RZA. Musically, I wanted to grow up to be just like him.

it's totally my oversight to not include turntable/production hero in there. oh, but see how i made sure triangle hero was on the list!

it's totally my oversight to not include turntable/production hero in there. oh, but see how i made sure triangle hero was on the list!
    I was close to posting how Q-Bert was an inspiration to me in my 'turntablist' days but I was oh so scurred.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

lol - i was surpised this went unscathed

lol - i was surpised this went unscathed

• 1. I don't remember exactly, but it probably was some 45 at Duffy's Records in Mira Mesa Mall. They were .99 a piece, $1.05 with tax. I would take my weekly allowance of a dollar a buy a 45 a week. This is the same store that introduced me to 12 singles which were $3.99.

2. The New York City Fresh Fest in '84 with my older brother.

3. Grand Master Flash after hearing The Adventures of....

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    First Record I bought

First Concert I remember attending

First Rock hero

honorable mention Rock hero:

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    1 - beatles - magical mystery tour

2 - rare earth @ my high school

3 - the who (guitar, drums & mike swingin')