Speak of the Devil

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited May 2005 in Record Collecting
Cardova (from Finland) came into town with a rental car, and asked me to be his guide on a digging trip to VA. So we head down, making stops in Baltimore and DC as well. The thing was, everytime we'd discuss a record over a meal or in the car, it would magicallly show up at the next spot. Not once, but like 4 times, this happened. I've got on here before with my supersticious ideas of projection, and people shrugged it off, but I'm telling you... If I visualize these things, they show up. Does anyone else ever notice this?

Comments

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Cardova (from Finland) came into town with a rental car, and asked me to be his guide on a digging trip to VA. So we head down, making stops in Baltimore and DC as well. The thing was, everytime we'd discuss a record over a meal or in the car, it would magicallly show up at the next spot. Not once, but like 4 times, this happened. I've got on here before with my supersticious ideas of projection, and people shrugged it off, but I'm telling you... If I visualize these things, they show up. Does anyone else ever notice this?

Unfortunately, the exact opposite happens to me.

-e

• I've had that happen a few times. But, it's not like I think "I'm going to find so and so record today." It's more like "I hope I come across so and so record today".

Wait... That is'nt much of a difference now that I read it. I guess it's something I feel in my balls. AYO

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

There's a similar effect called the 'Matrix of Mediocrity' where if you mention a has-been celebrity in casual conversation, they'll magically reappear back on TV, newspapers, magazines or release a new record etc.

Keep an eye out for this in the future and prepare to be amazed....

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    i just want to know the 4 records.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    He was up here last week though the only thing we found was an Organic Veggie Burrito and some Peanut Tofu Scram.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i just want to know the 4 records.
    Check your PM... I'M NOT FLOSSING!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    when my buddy gave me the radio station hook up and said it was mostly jazz, I was saying "man, I bet there is some Strata in there"..and low and behold, Billy Parker was one of the first records I pulled!!!

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    You pulled that move with the Billy Brooks at the PSU radio sale too.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    You pulled that move with the Billy Brooks at the PSU radio sale too.

DIE,

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I'm not sure what's more heartbreaking, the call letters all over that one tracker of a record or that attempt at growing a beard.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    yah man, that's real magic talent. Closest thing was last Thursday someone posts Headless Heros as a worthit $100 record and same day I run into Dan on the street with it in his bag for $40. Then he tells me how he just found Bob James - the one before 2, for $20 and the next day I find it for a buck. Ha, sucker, he was pissed! And then the week before he wanted a TK Disco sleeve for his Herman Kellys and I went and found one on Electric Cat. Minus cover tho. Ironic and beautiful at the same time.

This week I will be mostly visualizing Uni 45s.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I'm not sure what's more heartbreaking, the call letters all over that one tracker of a record or that attempt at growing a beard.
    That record has 2 tracks on it... give it a listen.

you maaaad! sucka.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

"Look Britney I found the Billy Brooks with 40 days, the other dancers are gonna be mad jealous"

Morroco Mole after a long night of surfing soul strut

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    bwahahahaha

Damn, where did you find that pic of me?

"Jeff you have company, your friend wants you to shave his back for him".

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts

damn, next time you are down this way give me a shout.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Some GAME OVERNESS took place on this trip from what I hear. I guess Delay is keeping it on the hush though.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    with my supersticious ideas of projection

there are no records, only the mind.

But seriously, its all based on statistics. By talking about it and discussing it, you changed the statistical outcome for events in the future. Its the same thing with polling. you created a positive feedback loop.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    How about 45 boxes from the 1960's that were unopened, can I wish for that?

Some GAME OVERNESS took place on this trip from what I hear. I guess Delay is keeping it on the hush though.

Booooo! Montreal was NOT a good look record-wise.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

s'what happens when you try so hard, hermano.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    why no bean spillage?

• post up those finds ya fock!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

b'sides. the best part of the trip was bugging out to the misfits with a car full of record dudes.

b'sides. the best part of the trip was bugging out to the misfits with a car full of record dudes.

True... no men in kilts riding 10 speeds through the streets of Richmond.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    post up those finds ya fock!
    I refuse to "floss" my finds. I will not contribute to this type of behavior. I bought them for me, not to show them off. You feel me? I knew you could.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I refuse to "floss" my finds. I will not contribute to this type of behavior. I bought them for me, not to show them off. You feel me? I knew you could.

"Flossing" and just posting the records you got on your trip, and *gasp!* maybe talking about what the music is like (not calling you out personally, just saying) are two different things,

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

Break bread fool. Let's see the shit.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i guess I'll put up a few pictures tonight, but i really just wanted to discuss the mystic powers of record visualization.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    i guess I'll put up a few pictures tonight, but i really just wanted to discuss the mystic powers of record visualization.

RADD. Keep us posted on those powers, you may well be a divining rod for all raers.

"see, I told you Mary, Tom doesn't just jack toyz, his record divining skills are strong with the force. Just look at those raerz![/b]