What Thrift Stores have records?

Dick_ChaineeDick_Chainee 5 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Please post the addresses, hours of operation and which days they put out records.Also, is your local flea market better on Saturday or Sunday.And what are some good Jazz records that are funky and little psychedelic, but nobody know about that are still cheap. I buy stuff on ebay too.Peace out,Richie Links

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Maybe one of us could go there for when they first open up and put the good shit on hold til you can come in.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    nice avatar...i love the frogs.

but are you serious with this post? where do you live? just grab the phone book, look for thrift stores, go to them, look for records.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

but are you serious with this post?

I think this may be a comical response to the what cities have records thread.

• I live in Bloomington, IN. I'm graduating this year and want to take a road trip and maybe buy some records, but I can't afford record shops. I got my dad's old turntable. I'm not a DJ, but a google search got me here and I been reading for a day or two. Decided to ask. Maybe there is another website that lists these things?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

but are you serious with this post?

I think this may be a comical response to the what cities have records thread.

If you "ignore user" all these newtards, can you change it later if they turn out to be OK?

Welcome to Clownsville

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I saw a little bit of the 'Alias' series finale the other day - god that was lame. now I know why I never watched that show.

---

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Alias Alert! Whoop Whoop!

I have not bought a record at any of my thrifts in well over a year! I smell a conspiracy because I used to come the f&$k up! Apparently, CA thrifts are still killin it.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    What Thrift Stores have records?

Ask Dakar.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I saw a little bit of the 'Alias' series finale the other day - god that was lame. now I know why I never watched that show.

I watched a few eps recently and wondered if I should check it out... hmmm

I've started hitting thrifts more regularly again recently and I don't ever 'come the fuck up' but I do find cool records for cheap (and some really weird ones of course)

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

I've started hitting thrifts more regularly again recently and I don't ever 'come the fuck up' but I do find cool records for cheap (and some really weird ones of course)
    I recently got into Alias again and although I'm only at episode 13 of the current season it's getting way too desperately inventive for me. It looks like they're heading for the same turn-for-the-worse the X-Files took.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    i got a Manfred Mann & The Earth Band the other night for $.27 and it entitles me to a plot of land in England or Ireland or something. My first real estate deal.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

It looks like they're heading for the same turn-for-the-worse the X-Files took.

Watch it!

I recently got into Alias again and although I'm only at episode 13 of the current season it's getting way too desperately inventive for me. It looks like they're heading for the same turn-for-the-worse the X-Files took.

the whole show rests of whether you like mrs ben affleck or not.

she annoys me, so I can't watch it.

lost is about to go swirling down the drain too though.

x-files, lost & alias all would be better if they were done in a telenovella type format( i.e a 6 month run) - that way there could be a narrative arc of some sort.

x-files, lost & alias all would be better if they were done in a telenovella type format( i.e a 6 month run) - that way there could be a narrative arc of some sort.

So true, people lose interest when more questions are raised than answered.

I'm going to kill both of you.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    It looks like they're heading for the same turn-for-the-worse the X-Files took.

Watch it!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

yeah, people are into Alias for the dialogues.

RESIDUALS!!!!!!!!!!

I guess if xfiles had only lasted 6 mons they never would have made the transition from jc penney suits to armani...

Just do it quickly and don't drag it out over three or four seasons.

RESIDUALS!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. All FBI agents wear Armani.

Just do it quickly and don't drag it out over three or four seasons.

zing!

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

Season Two released on DVD yesterday....i have no HBO so i catch up well after the fact. Is season three happening right now?

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    I don't watch much TV anymore, but I used to have this theory that all TV dramas decline after 5 seasons, and I've noticed the 3rd season of any show is usually my favorite.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I don't watch much TV anymore, but I used to have this theory that all TV dramas decline after 5 seasons, and I've noticed the 3rd season of any show is usually my favorite.

5th Season of 24 just ended and was quite excellent, IMHO. Possibly the best yet. I think I've just become a fan of the show, and let any kind of inconsistency/plot holes slide now... but whatever. Great fucking tv.

5th Season of 24 just ended and was quite excellent, IMHO. Possibly the best yet. I think I've just become a fan of the show, and let any kind of inconsistency/plot holes slide now... but whatever. Great fucking tv.

Someone was just telling me that the producers of 24 had talked to Dan Brown about working 24 around one of his books. He said no... But I bet it would have been far more entertaining than the movie.

That said, I didn't think the movie sucked as much as critics are blasting it. 3 outta 5 stars from me.