IKEA bed frames nrr

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
man, anybody else bought a bed frame from IKEA and those wack planks underneath keep caving in all the time? stein. . .

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    More understandable for me, but yeah. There were times when I could walk on it, and it wouldn't be a problem if I was careful. One false slip and that's it. Or I should say "that was it", because two of my planks broke, and fortunately I had access to another one.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Your and your homegirl should be proud of yourselves.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Your and your homegirl should be proud of yourselves.

Well if she shows up at your place, tell her to phone home.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    man, anybody else bought a bed frame from IKEA and those wack planks underneath keep caving in all the time? stein. . .

Uggh yes! Cause of a few embarrasing and awkward moments. I got rid of the planks and put a box spring underneath the mattress. Waaay better.

DJ Ferrari

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Fuck IKEA.. I was once a broke ass mug right out of college and bought a bed among other things from this establishment and nothing has survived... It all went in the trash or was bequeathed to someome else. Spring a bit more for furniture that will last you a lifetime... It's worth it.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

Fuck IKEA.. I was once a broke ass mug right out of college and bought a bed among other things from this establishment and nothing has survived... It all went in the trash or was bequeathed to someome else. Spring a bit more for furniture that will last you a lifetime... It's worth it.

Too true, one of the best investments was for 1400 dollar king size pillow cover mattress from sleepys. my girlfriend and I are paying it off over three years, only 66 dollars a month for both. That equals one dollar a day to sleep in the most amazing bed. (Of course, it makes getting up and facing the day much more difficult.) But my back always feels good, I dont have as much trouble falling asleep, and I stay asleep the whole night. No waking up uncomfortable with a spring in my back. Sleepy's on Myrtle, they'll hook you up. Mention sun_fortune to the bald guy.

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    i use to work right next door to the RETURN DEPT.,i can tell you some stories!?!?!
    some furious people would comeback the nextday talking about "I JUST BOUGHT THIS FRAME YESTERDAY,AND IT FELL APART WHEN I LAID DOWN ON IT" mind you the customers would have shooting matches with customer service...shit was like being watching fiends fighting over drugs

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    whoa, you worked there. Lastime I was there I suffered a major anxiety attack. Something about taking a bus to jersey to get to the Ikea, being inside of this massive isolated building, being led around the sotre by these weird arrows, going around in circles and always returning to the dishtowel section, keeping track of all the numbers I wanted, having my girlf be sick with stomach probelms, having me in charge, having no air circulating, only having an hour befor the last bus was leaving, not knowing what i wanted, only having limited funds to buy both an expedit and some bookcases -- oh god, its happening.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    you carried an expedit onto a bus? WOW!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    wow, i was almost about to buy one of those bitches, but im holding off.

It means im still sleeping on an aerobed till I can afford something nice for my new spot. My parents got one of those temperpedic joints for a little over a G I think.

But its fucking amazing.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    IKEA is the McDonald's of furniture...