Relationship woes...

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I recently met a real cool chick, but the problem is she lives in another state and is going back in a few days. what sucks is I dig her, but at the same time I know there can't be a future due to the circumstance. I can't help but get attatched when I see her, but I know it's pointless...kinda sucks. anyone else been in a similar situation and have any advice? I feel like i'm in a lose/lose situation here...

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    man up.
    there are other fish in the sea. if you cant get over it, move to where she's from.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Make the best of your time with her and be sure to stay in touch. Then whenever you or her are in the same area u can connect. Definately do what u can with her but never ever get attached. Let her get attached to you and u just keep doing u.
    If it's meant to be then it will be eventually.

• Make the best of your time with her and be sure to stay in touch. Then whenever you or her are in the same area u can connect. Definately do what u can with her but never ever get attached. Let her get attached to you and u just keep doing u.
    If it's meant to be then it will be eventually.
    dee, I hear you, and haven't usually been the type of dude to get attatched, but for some reason this specific situation is real tough right now. it's like I know how I should play the situation, but for some reason i'm choking...and I know it's

I wish there was some way to just snap out of it and play it cool like I know I should...If anyone has any more knowledge or advice to drop for young siro, it would be much appreciated...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    man up.
    there are other fish in the sea. if you cant get over it, move to where she's from.

I mean, this is about as simple as it gets. Either you let it go or you try to take it to the limit (one more tiiiiiiime).

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I recently met a real cool chick, but the problem is she lives in another state and is going back in a few days. what sucks is I dig her, but at the same time I know there can't be a future due to the circumstance. I can't help but get attatched when I see her, but I know it's pointless...kinda sucks. anyone else been in a similar situation and have any advice? I feel like i'm in a lose/lose situation here...

Just make the best of the time you got right now. Isn't it about time to resurrect TheMack advice column?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Isn't it about time to resurrect TheMack advice column?

Line up in the puccini while you still can dawg. you know someone will be pokin that out back home

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    what sucks is I dig her, but at the same time I know there can't be a future due to the circumstance. I can't help but get attatched when I see her, but I know it's pointless...kinda sucks.

Get your interstate baller status up.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    what sucks is I dig her, but at the same time I know there can't be a future due to the circumstance. I can't help but get attatched when I see her, but I know it's pointless...kinda sucks.

you've accumulated honies all across the map?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

I had lots of long distance relationships. They don't work.

When I met my wife she said she was getting ready to move to Syracuse NY (think hell frozen over). I told her I was coming with her. That was almost 21 years ago. The 31st will be our 19th anniversary.

I have no idea what you should do, but after a while you might get tired of letting the good ones get away.

In Chi I'm Mike
    Boston I'm Kenny
    In Miami I'm Timmy
    and Phoenix I'm Penny

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    This has already been said, but you're best off thinking of this as a fun fling you will look back on fondly. I had a similar experience a few years ago and I pretty bummed when she left. But I eventually realized that my own attachment to her was ruining the experience and that I needed to learn how to enjoy various moments and experiences exclusively, rather than try to manfucture a situation that is unlikely to work.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    man, ive become well peppered in breaking off relationships. you really just gotta let her go and get on with your life. you'll probly still think about her but you really gota get past it. if you ever come across her again and your feelings are still strong for her, then maybe you can try and take it to another level, but until then, just have alot of sex with random girls, you wont think about it as much

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I wish there was some way to just snap out of it and play it cool like I know I should...If anyone has any more knowledge or advice to drop for young siro, it would be much appreciated...

Stop being hard on yourself, you are a human being and human beings fall in love... its part of who we are... the world needs more love, why do we break our necks running from it...

I never feel so alive as when I've had a broken heart... it gets no realer...

...ahh the bitter sweet days of spring time with love on the mind...

crying is good too...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

crying is good too...

but plaese, not over this.

"to all the girls i've loved before..."

ive become well peppered

spicy!

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I dated a german exchange student named Karolla a while ago, so i know what you mean. Its all bittersweet because you know its finite. But I reached a point with about a month to go that my psyche flipped. It was the ulitmate relationship, because there was no chance for it to turn bad, and it had a good reason to end amicably. Came out of it with what i think will be a lifelong freinship (been about 5 years now). She's going to college in the Netherlands now, and im planning to get over for a visit in the next 12 months.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

In Chi I'm Mike
    Boston I'm Kenny
    In Miami I'm Timmy
    and Phoenix I'm Penny

for the kufi set:

I like 'em brown, yellow, puerto rican, & haitain.

honestly-relationships and just dealing with the opposite sex can be overrated; unless you find someone who's actually interesting and stimulating (both ways).

In Chi I'm Mike
    Boston I'm Kenny
    In Miami I'm Timmy
    and Phoenix I'm Penny

for the kufi set:

Now you got Siemens furniture...

In Chi I'm Mike
    Boston I'm Kenny
    In Miami I'm Timmy
    and Phoenix I'm Penny

for the kufi set:

Now you got Siemens furniture...

it took me a good 7 years to figure that line out. I always thought he said "cement"

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey Siro,

I may be biased here (ex-fiancee related), but long-distance relationships are not a great idea. Sure, absence makes the heart grow fonder, but familiarity (with someone she has contact with regularly) breeds attraction. Feel me? This is basically what happened to me while away at grad school, the old-ex became "familiar" with some G.I. Plus, she was in a rush to get to the altar while I was concerned (more) with earning a Ph.D. But, I digress, for your heart's sake, I wouldn't pursue a relationship with the young lady unless one of you relocates.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

Have you passed the physical threshold? That helps.

Do what I did when the girl of my dreams was about to move away. Offer to put her up, rent free, for a year and then move together. Or have her stay if where she's going is busted. I can't believe I pulled it off but it was all or nothing. I had to go for it. Never even thought of putting a girl up before but she felt like the one. She insisted on paying rent and we've been together for 4 years and it's getting better. Just sayin', if she's worth it, do something risky and don't worry if you fuck it up because she's leaving anyway.

Any other girl and i would have said, cya....ex to the next.

• thanks to all for the advice, it is much appreciated.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    just "dont start shit" .. you know the game

• just "dont start shit" .. you know the game

that usually just leads to a nice game of "just the tip"...