White folks are getting shook (Population related)

2»

Comments

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts

lmho...dude...

ok.. you win... i'm of mixed ethnicity.. as is my girlfriend. i'm obviously a racist bigot. i didn't think this was going to turn into the "unexpected racism in the hood " thread.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    finding other races attractive is racist???... i must have used the wrong word then... when i said 'exotic' i was thinking like 'exotic fruits'... the kind you can't find at your local grocery store, but you would love if you tried.

dude, when you're in a hole, you really should not continue digging.

white folks are getting shook!!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

lmho...dude...

ok.. you win... i'm of mixed ethnicity.. as is my girlfriend. i'm obviously a racist bigot. i didn't think this was going to turn into the "unexpected racism in the hood " thread.

Dude, all Miss Bassie was suggesting is that equating "different ethnicities" = "exotic" was not a good look. And equating "exotic people" = "exotic fruit" was even less so.

That said, you're making a pretty fucking huge leap to claiming that anyone here is calling you a "racist bigot."

I don't know if you're a racist or bigot but you sure are acting real ass-hurt.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    finding other races attractive is racist???... i must have used the wrong word then... when i said 'exotic' i was thinking like 'exotic fruits'... the kind you can't find at your local grocery store, but you would love if you tried.

I think the people to fruit comparison is not really helping you on this one.

if i may just add... that the word "exotic" is used in this sense all the time in the spanish language (i was born in ecuador)... it isn't considered offensive in spanish... sorry if i assumed it wasn't in english as well.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

lmho...dude...

what do i win???!! a basket of papaya, starfruit, pomegranate, santol, quince and tamarind?

crossings, i'm not calling you racist. i do think comparing women who are of different races to fruit is messed up though. ...lol...do you squeeze them to see if they're ripe?

don't answer that!

a glass of "naranjilla" juice... i'm sure that's a fruit you can't get where your from... it's like a hybrid between an orange and a tomato... tastes WAY BETTER than it sounds.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

equating "different ethnicities" = "exotic" was not a good look. And equating "exotic people" = "exotic fruit" was even less so.

• lmho...dude...

what do i win???!! a basket of papaya, starfruit, pomegranate, santol, quince and tamarind?

crossings, i'm not calling you racist. i do think comparing women who are of different races to fruit is messed up though. ...lol...do you squeeze them to see if they're ripe?

don't answer that!

Talk about asshurt! You guys/ladies are really something else, PCstrut in full effect. Here's a couple of definitions of exotic from dictionary.com:

ex??ot??ic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (g-ztk)
    adj.
    From another part of the world; foreign: exotic tropical plants in a greenhouse. See Synonyms at foreign.
    Intriguingly unusual or different; excitingly strange: ???If something can be explained simply, in a familiar way, then it is best to avoid more exotic explanations??? (Chet Raymo). See Synonyms at fantastic.
    Of or involving striptease: an exotic dancer.

n.
    One that is exotic.
    A striptease performer.

From the context, I think our man meant definition one, not three...

The old "let's fuck until we're all mixed" is an interesting idea (and I like about half of it) but seriously, look at how skin color politics play out in ostensibly mono-racial societies. The social division mentality is pretty entrenched - just because we're all of mixed racial heritage won't mean much...I mean, 30% of white Americans have black heritage and 70% of black Americans have white heritage (hello legacy of slavery). That hasn't done wonders for race relations, last I checked.

yes, but...white/black relations does not = white/anyone else relations. it's like when Europeans compare the treatment of minorities in their countries (mostly immigrant populations) with the status of blacks in the US. the history is totally different.

but in no way do i plan on limiting myself to strictly white women...

I shudder at the thought of limiting myself in this way.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    who cares what color they are,

as long as they're Catholic.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200605120006

If it wasn't on FOX, I almost wouldn't believe this shit.

John Gibson: "Make more babies" because in "[t]wenty-five years ... the majority of the population is Hispanic"[/b]

Summary: On The Big Story, John Gibson urged viewers to "[d]o your duty. Make more babies," because he had found out, from a recently released report, that nearly half of all children under the age of five in the United States are minorities. Gibson added: "You know what that means? Twenty-five years and the majority of the population is Hispanic." Gibson later repeated: "To put it bluntly, we need more babies."

Now I could be wrong - and please correct me if I am - but shouldn't the conservatives sort of, like, I dunno, embrace Latino immigration/procreation? The Latino population (at least in California) seems to be fertile ground for the GOP...

Anyone?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    God forbid white men should lose their (god given?) right to fuck brown women...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

lmho...dude...

don't answer that!

Talk about asshurt! You guys/ladies are really something else, PCstrut in full effect. Here's a couple of definitions of exotic from dictionary.com:

adj.
    From another part of the world; foreign: exotic tropical plants in a greenhouse. See Synonyms at foreign.
    Intriguingly unusual or different; excitingly strange: ???If something can be explained simply, in a familiar way, then it is best to avoid more exotic explanations??? (Chet Raymo). See Synonyms at fantastic.

n.
    One that is exotic.
    A striptease performer.

I have nothing to say to the PCStrut comment - does it really have to justified/explained why it's lame to be called exotic? I'm fully aware of its definitions - I've been called it for most of my life, my hide is through being hurt - that's why I'm laughing.

It sure is an uptight world when chicks don't want to be likened to things sold in grocery stores. Bring back the good ol days!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    God forbid white men should lose their (god given?) right to fuck brown women...

leave it to hatechecks to turn an innocuous jibe at white women into an expression of colonialist entitlement on rootlesscosmo's part.

• I have a god given right to fuck minorities?

SWEET!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

leave it to hatechecks to turn an innocuous jibe at white women into an expression of colonialist entitlement on rootlesscosmo's part.

dude.... I am marrying a woman not of my own race.... just saying, a lot of "innocuous jibes" in this thread come off as kind of "among our own" comments that I don't think have a place on this website.

true enough.

watching Hatton-Collazo right now...Williamsburg not looking so good...

• ameloriate...GTFOOHWTBS.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    ameloriate...GTFOOHWTBS.

Man, "ameliorate" is one of my all time FAVORITE T-La Rock words.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Did you catch how he's trying to ameloriate his comments at the end? He was saying that "civilizations need population" and therefore, if America is going to survive, it needs ALL people to procreate: "Hispanics can't pull all the weight."

GTFOOHWTBS.

Agreed, O-Dubbles. It probably doesn't help their (the right wing's) "cause" that they are usually some ugly fuckers that can't get any pussy.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• lmho...dude...

don't answer that!

adj.

n.
    One that is exotic.
    A striptease performer.

I have nothing to say to the PCStrut comment - does it really have to justified/explained why it's lame to be called exotic? I'm fully aware of its definitions - I've been called it for most of my life, my hide is through being hurt - that's why I'm laughing.

It sure is an uptight world when chicks don't want to be likened to things sold in grocery stores. Bring back the good ol days!

Ms. Bassie,

I'm sorry that you have not enjoyed being called exotic, but I think you are assigning a personal context to crossing's comments that he did not intend. If you look back, the "exotic fruit" comment was a way to explain his definition of the word exotic, not a direct comparison of women to fruit, imho.

No beef, but this place can be incredibly PC (except, of course, when discussing faggots, hipsters, politics, or lizard people).

Peace.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    christ, what an effing trainwreck

you guys who think its okay to fetishize so-called 'exotic' women based on their ethnicity need to GET FAMILIAR whether this is considered acceptable in your culture or not

this is the flipside of the same coin as those who discriminate against folks based on their ethinicity/skin color etc

GTFOHWTBS

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    ok. i thought this was a race thing. turns out he's talking about a western civilization thing. move along, nothing exotic to see here.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

This guy

Evil fuckface with blatant comment

This guy

Is sorry about his faux pas

This network

Allows gratuitously negative bantering while the public barely comments

This network

Comments extensively on barely related off shoots

This poster

calmly reflects the reason behind his comparison

''Take it easy..gots to take it easy''

but seriously fuck this guy and his demographic double talk

comments like that (so nonchalantly uttered might I add) going unoticed or criticized... just like the rising extreme right demographic parties in ''Eurabia'' and their discourse

scary

• dayday 9,612 Posts