Al Hirt- Soul in the Horn

ptq28ptq28 38 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Saw this on the bay a few minutes ago. Almost had it for $20. Not bad for a mint copy. How much is a VG copy of this worth? Heard it a few times but the cats at the record store were not all about selling it.

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    dope record. but not worth alot

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Saw this on the bay a few minutes ago. Almost had it for $20. Not bad for a mint copy. How much is a VG copy of this worth? Heard it a few times but the cats at the record store were not all about selling it.

I paid a dollar for mine, and i wouldnt pay more.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Exactly the type of record I hold out for, knowing someday it will pop up for pennies...got mine a few months back for $1.50, just took a couple of years of checking the EZ sections of shops.
    If you don't want to wait, that one that just ended on the Bay was a super-nice shrinkwrapped copy, so that $20 was pretty much max value...it can be had on eBay for around $10, maybe even less if they don't list it as a De La break.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Expect to pay $30+ for this.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Expect to pay $30+ for this.

Only in RAJ's auctions. Sike.

Like SoulonIce said, they're out there. I found mine a few years back in Florida for $1 after keeping an eye out for a couple years, so yeah, they're out there.

• ptq28ptq28 38 Posts
    Anyone mind sparing a copy for like $15?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Man, for a second there I was convinced I had already replied in this thread and had forgotten about it...damn you RAJ. Oh yeah, 20-30 seems to be the going price for this lp.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    LOL, Asprin is having an "out of avatar" experience.

Nice job on your WC site, btw.

Seriuslee. I think I'm going insane. And I keep...winking...at...my...self!!!!

WC is a baby but it's growing quickly. I think it's the hormones in the milk.

• I recently sold a VG copy for a little over $20

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Seriuslee. I think I'm going insane. And I keep...winking...at...my...self!!!!

WC is a baby but it's growing quickly. I think it's the hormones in the milk.

address please.

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts
    This will definately turn up in a thrift if you just wait.
    He and Herb, Barbara, Bert, etc. have their box sets dropped
    off on a weekly basis. Please don't pay for it on ebay.

address please.

??

• I have to admit, I love this record... Well, mainly one song, but it's a great song, and it still gets rotation on my deck years after coppin' it.

As for it being a dollar bin find, I've only seen it in the dollar bins once, and that was the day I procured my copy. Haven't seen it there since.

You see tons of Al Hirt records in dollar bins, but this one doesn't pop up so often. Maybe it does, but the hip cover sees that it is picked up quick.

Peace...
    FNM

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    In all my years of digging I've seen *one* copy of this ever, which I promptly snatched up for $5, thanks so much. Found it at my local spot back in the day, like 7 years ago, when it was still fairly new and records were just a small side venture for them so they had lots of stuff for cheap that should've been a lot more if they knew what they had. But, like I said, that's the ONLY copy I've ever found. I've seen plenty of copies of every other Al Hirt album ever but never "Soul In The Horn". The real bitch is I realized that my copy is a mono copy, so even though I have the album I'm still on the hunt for a copy in stereo.