dudes with beards

Comments

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    I looked cool.. kinda like Ben Affleck

Does. Not. Compute.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Actually that wasn't an insult to you, Raj, I just think Ben Affleck looks the farthest thing from cool.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I looked cool.. kinda like Ben Affleck

Does. Not. Compute.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Actually that wasn't an insult to you, Raj, I just think Ben Affleck looks the farthest thing from cool.

Yeah, I was kind of taken aback when RAJ likened himself to Ben as well. Totally suspect comment!

RAJ?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

nightmares for days.

ewww.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

this thread

nightmares for days.

ewww.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

You know, thru this whole thread I never even thought of my avatar?? Sheesh, where is my head sometimes? All I could think of was my own beard, how selfish! Beards of Bees are the best!!!!!!!

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    ok so the science on growing a beard and not itching: don't shave with a razor and then grow your beard from there. shave with a beard trimmer, and trim it with an attachment a few times as it grows out. when you grow it out from a razor shave, it curls around and pokes your skin and itches like hell.

my wife really likes my beard. even the little patchy place between the chin and jaw on either side.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    ok so the science on growing a beard and not itching: don't shave with a razor and then grow your beard from there. shave with a beard trimmer, and trim it with an attachment a few times as it grows out. when you grow it out from a razor shave, it curls around and pokes your skin and itches like hell.

my wife really likes my beard. even the little patchy place between the chin and jaw on either side.

I finally got a beard trimmer that I like... but sometimes it catches on a hair which hurts

Is there any way to prevent this? Is there some type of oil or something I'm supposed to apply to the beard before trimming?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    actually I was looking at beardpeach-fuzz trimmers today. What do you dudes (perhaps even dudettes? ) recommend?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    actually I was looking at beardpeach-fuzz trimmers today. What do you dudes (perhaps even dudettes? ) recommend?

Definitely rock with an official beard trimmer--don't try to skimp and use clippers that are intended for your head.

Definitely rock with an official beard trimmer--don't try to skimp and use clippers that are intended for your head.

If you do get something make sure it's heavy duty. My little brother bought me a cheap beard trimmer for christmas and the moment that thing touched my beard it choked. Even after picking the pieces of hair out of the blades it wouldn't start up. What a piece of junk.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

If you do get something make sure it's heavy duty. My little brother bought me a cheap beard trimmer for christmas and the moment that thing touched my beard it choked. Even after picking the pieces of hair out of the blades it wouldn't start up. What a piece of junk.

I would be interested in hearing specific recommendations.

It seems like more money just translates into more features in the beard trimmer game.

[reynaldo]I do not want more features; I want excellence.[/reynaldo]

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts
    I have a cordless Remington ceramic blade edition from a few years back:

It's got a flip-up sideburn zipper, but I don't use it much. Beard lengths from Don Johnson to Kenny. The most recent development in beardtrimmer technology, however, is where the hair waste is magically vacuumed and deposited into a trap at the bottom.

In theory, I'm all about the cut & suck

but I'm not sure how effective these new really are.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

It's got a flip-up sideburn zipper, but I don't use it much. Beard lengths from Don Johnson to Kenny. The most recent development in beardtrimmer technology, however, is where the hair waste is magically vacuumed and deposited into a trap at the bottom.

I hate those trimmers with the rotating head/length adjustment. If the head collapses half way through, your either going to look dumb, or ended up with a length you don't want.

I prefer the different clips to regulate length. I agree that more money DOES NOT necessarily equal more better. My requirements: Stand Up charger (laying it down leads to more schmutz in the blades); easy to remove/clean head, and different length clip attachments.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I would like to add that a too trimmed beard makes you look like a Backstreet Boy.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I would be interested in hearing specific recommendations.

It seems like more money just translates into more features in the beard trimmer game.

[reynaldo]I do not want more features; I want excellence.[/reynaldo]

I need to check the name brand on mine I got it three years ago in Rome when I lived there and it was only $30. I have never had to oil it and it works great everytime.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

Cosign on that specific model, it's a good one and the battery seems to be lasting a while, which is a prob I've had with other models. They usually come with oil for the blades and it's important to use that shit alot. Otherwise it rips the hair out of your face which sucks. As far as eliminating the beard completely, I cannot recomend the battery powered blade razors more. They rule!!

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

I hate those trimmers with the rotating head/length adjustment. If the head collapses half way through, your either going to look dumb, or ended up with a length you don't want.

Agreed. Probably my only complaint...but after you master the delicate art of thumb control, you should be good to go. I'm more likely to lose the extra parts than anything else...although, a Reynaldo-approved solution would most likely come in a titanium case with molded compartments for the nose-hair attachments

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

Agreed. Probably my only complaint...but after you master the delicate art of thumb control, you should be good to go. I'm more likely to lose the extra parts than anything else...although, a Reynaldo-approved solution would most likely come in a titanium case with molded compartments for the nose-hair attachmentsbe going to a day-spa and having someone trim your beard for you as they play soothing classical and offer your choice of Pinot Noir or French Press Coffee.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Haven't shaved in like 5 days, can't wait to get home and shave....

where's magic jackson?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    where's magic jackson?

I been wonderin the same thing. Don't think he checks the strut anymore. And he has a new job now...

• where's magic jackson?

I been wonderin the same thing. Don't think he checks the strut anymore. And he has a new job now...

Magic Jackson is no longer with Rocco?

Man I'm so going to rebound fuck that juicer so bad

• stilldigginstilldiggin 223 Posts
    im never gonna cut my hair again!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    where's magic jackson?

M**th*w regularly gives me dating/relationship advice, while I'm buzzing off of Newcastle Ale.

True story.