dudes with beards

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
How do you stand it? Seriously, I'm trying it now and it's annoying as hell. I mean, I've always sported a goatee but this full face thing sucks. I'm shaving this shit off when I go home today. Seriously, how is Ayres able to sport this 24/7?

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    How do you stand it? Seriously, I'm trying it now and it's annoying as hell. I mean, I've always sported a goatee but this full face thing sucks. I'm shaving this shit off when I go home today. Seriously, how is Ayres able to sport this 24/7?

The first week can be a little itchy, but why the hell would you start one in the late spring?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    How do you stand it?

More important, how does your gf/wife stand it? My wife hates even my 4-days-Don- Johnson-in-Miami-Vice beard. Not good for the ladies' skin.

• whatwhatwhatwhat 89 Posts
    Playoff beard?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    How do you stand it?

More important, how does your gf/wife stand it? My wife hates even my 4-days-Don- Johnson-in-Miami-Vice beard. Not good for the ladies' skin.

I'm told it gets softer as it grows out

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

The first week can be a little itchy, but why the hell would you start one in the late spring?

An extended lack of shaving which turned into my beard experiment.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    How do you stand it?

Exactly. I had a full blown goatee last summer -- I looked cool.. kinda like Ben Affleck, but it affected my sex life. Wife did not want to kiss me.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Seriously, how is Ayres able to sport this 24/7?

That's not a real beard; it's an mp3 (320 kbps, of course).

How do you stand it?

This is true. If it really bothers you use conditioner on it.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    How do you stand it?

You are told correct. The worst are the first couple days after shaving; its like fine grit sandpaper, and she's liable to get some serious beard-burn. After that, it gets softer.

I've had a beard for most of my adult life (Ayers length...not ZZ Top steez), including the entire time my fiancee and I have been together. I actually shaved it off for 2 months (for a modeling gig...no ayo) and while we both liked the money, she asked for it back. I was happy to oblige, as the whole reason I grew it is because shaving hurts my sensitive skin too much.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    it affected my sex life. Wife did not want to kiss me.

thats the thing...you meet girls, first they are all up on it and love that coolbeard style cause it makes you interesting and raunchy and reckless and sexy...once you wear the chains of full time relationship, it is all not a good look...oh well...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    hip women like beards - at least, that's my experience.

the girls that tell me I need to shave are usually square pantsuit career women

it affected my sex life. Wife did not want to kiss me.

thats the thing...you meet girls, first they are all up on it and love that coolbeard style cause it makes you interesting and raunchy and reckless and sexy...once you wear the chains of full time relationship, it is all not a good look...oh well...

Not always true, my fiance likes it. The real problem are those dinky little line beard shits they stay itchy and scratchy.

• ExtraExtraExtraExtra 209 Posts

hipsters.

famous beards?

Santa?

Jesus?

Yes...Love me, love my beard style. Not a lot of room for compromise on this one.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    everytime I say "I think I will shave this thing off" my girl makes a pouty face and says "noooo!" and then proceeds to run her fingers through it and rub my face. I then decide to keep it a little bit longer.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I think it is important to separate "women" from "girlfriends/wives". Two different animals.

I think it is important to separate "women" from "girlfriends/wives". Two different animals.

OK, sorry. My women, girlfriends, and wives like beards - at least that's my experience.

OK, sorry. My women, girlfriends, and wives like my beards - at least that's my experience.

I think your original post said something important as well, though: that you are more apt to like girls/women/wives/whomever who is down with a beard, rather than someone who is gonna make you change.

• hip women like beards - at least, that's my experience.

OK, sorry. My women, girlfriends, and wives like beards - at least that's my experience.

I've been thinking of pushing up on this one really cute strutter but I vary between clean shaven and chin pube goatee, are either one of these styles still in vogue?

I don't want to be rejected cause of my face hair, or lack there of

OK, sorry. My women, girlfriends, and wives like my beards - at least that's my experience.

I think your original post said something important as well, though: that you are more apt to like girls/women/wives/whomever who is down with a beard, rather than someone who is gonna make you change.

Oh don't get me wrong I like the straight like 6:00, Ann Taylor fitted, business brief, likes me cleanshaven in a striped shirt type of girls too...... but at the end of the day they are too one-dimensional and I tend to vibe more with girls who are into more different stuff and that includes beards

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

you know, spongebobs/ kanye west broads/ they be talkin' down, dog...

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I don't want to be rejected cause of my face hair, or lack there of

It depends on how far you want to go...once I was doing the cunnilingus on this girl and she started to giggle, cause my facial hair was tickling her. At least she didn't cry or had wounds that lasted...

• tjamestjames 156 Posts

When you're growing it out don't hesitate to moisturize your beard (hand cream, face cream, whatever). It will soften it up and reduce the itching.

tjames

• I don't want to be rejected cause of my face hair, or lack there of

It depends on how far you want to go...once I was doing the cunnilingus on this girl and she started to giggle, cause my facial hair was tickling her. At least she didn't cry or had wounds that lasted...

some advice I've learned along the path of life, be sure to keep your chin down if you got tough stubble

• tjamestjames 156 Posts

I forgot to mention that if your moisturizer's oily enough it'll make your beard shimmer. Soul Glow for your mug.

tjames

You know this was all fun and games until you dudes had to start giving out public advice on eating pussy. T-M-fuckin-I, people.

quickly retreats to the Gnarls Barkley sample thread

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    everytime I say "I think I will shave this thing off" my girl makes a pouty face and says "noooo!" and then proceeds to run her fingers through it and rub my face. I then decide to keep it a little bit longer.

My girl is much the same way--definitely prefers facial hair to clean-shaven. But she also understands that at a certain point, it becomes too damn itchy and I have to shave it all off. It kinda works out nicely with my laziness when it comes to shaving, so I generally let it go for a week or 10 days, shave, and repeat.