Gnarls Barkley "Crazy" Original Sample?

Comments

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    heya, since we're taking it there, are the drums for "Crazy" from this Peggy Scott & Jojo benson 45 or am I going... er, mad?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    No choadlocks for me i guess.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    No choadlocks for me i guess.

Maybe if your nice.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    LOL... all he did was search at amazon, dude.

might wanna consider that next time.

Dude, I cleared the damn sample. The reason the credit is wrong is because Danger Mouse sampled it from the library joint, and when I went to Italy to get the Reverberi brothers' approval, they said, oh, we never wrote a song called "Last Man Standing" - this is from an old soundtrack. By the time their people told me what it was actually called, the production deadline for the artwork had passed and it was too late to change it. Luckily, they didn't mind.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Wrong.

He was only able to do that because he knew the actual name of the song. On the insert of the Gnarls CD it is stated that the track sampled was Reverberi - "Last Men Standing" which is the track from the library record that was sampled. Try searching Reverberi - "Last Men Standing" on Amazon and see what you get there boss.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    heya, since we're taking it there, are the drums for "Crazy" from this Peggy Scott & Jojo benson 45 or am I going... er, mad?

really?

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    either that or a break that sounds a helluva a lot like the peggy & jojo.

Isn't it just a chop of "Shack Up"?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Dude, I cleared the damn sample. The reason the credit is wrong is because Danger Mouse sampled it from the library joint, and when I went to Italy to get the Reverberi brothers' approval, they said, oh, we never wrote a song called "Last Man Standing" - this is from an old soundtrack. By the time their people told me what it was actually called, the production deadline for the artwork had passed and it was too late to change it. Luckily, they didn't mind.

Am I reading this correctly?

Dangermouse samples from comps???

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Why not?

Library records are dope.

Hahahaha! There's a story behind this (and it's quite an interesting one), but I'm going to save it for the next "Gnarls Barkley/Dangermouse Sucks" thread.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Hahahaha! There's a story behind this (and it's quite an interesting one), but I'm going to save it for the next "Gnarls Barkley/Dangermouse Sucks" thread.

If you're gonna wait for all that, you might as well spill here...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Why not?

dude ....

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Who is this "danger mouse?"

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

Oh, he worked with the beatles and some Rapper from Brooklyn. He also had a tv show back in the 80s...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

A dude that has managed to interest audiences that do not like rap in sample-based music through the use of a giant mouse costume.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    rap in sample-based music

NO SUCH THING!!!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Why not?

dude ....

Seriously?

Is anything cool to sample?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

NEW SAMPLING CRAZE

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Crazy kids.

Hi Jonny!

• Is anything cool to sample?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Why not?

dude ....

This one time when I was a youngin', I had done something to piss my mom off, and in her anger, she grabbed what she thought was my Sesame Street record and snapped it in half. I said, "Mom, that was the library's record." Whoops. So yeah, that day, the library record took one for the team.

Oh, wait...you mean those other library records....

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Why not?

dude ....

This one time when I was a youngin', I had done something to piss my mom off, and in her anger, she grabbed what she thought was my Sesame Street record and snapped it in half. I said, "Mom, that was the library's record." Whoops. So yeah, that day, the library record took one for the team.

Your mom sounds scary.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Crazy kids.

Hi Jonny!

What the bidness is!

AKA

WHAT DO YOU SAMPLE IN YOUR SPARE TIME

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Nice.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Why not?

dude ....

Your mom sounds scary.

Nah, my mom's mad cool. I could just be a bratty little six-year-old and really get her heated is all. We still laugh about that story to this day.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

WHAT DO YOU SAMPLE IN YOUR SPARE TIME

Ronzoni and little boneless wing jawns at Costco like what.

::INSERT "SAYING" GRAEMLIN HERE::

saying dude when you are on the road those sample plates can hold you down!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Why not?

dude ....

Seriously?

Casio preset