Paul Simon Is A....

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Pretentious Prick. I'm watching his new stuff on SNL. Dude always needed to get over himself, more so now than ever. I like the background music he stole for Graceland though.

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    ...Edie Brickell f*cker

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    While driving back from Memphis, some TN college station that was playing stuff like Massive Attack, Slowdive and other such UK shoegaze/r'n'r/electronic crossover stuff debuted the first track off Paul Simon's new Eno-produced album.

Let me repeat that.

Paul Simon's new Eno-produced album.

It was two-chord folky "state of the world" tripe with a bunch of distorted guitar layered uselessly upon it.

I guess "ambient white noise" is 2006's "african acappella group," minus the cultural colonization.

Dude always needed to get over himself, more so now than ever.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I guess "ambient white noise" is 2006's "african acappella group," minus the cultural colonization.

So I guess that means we can look forward to 2008 as the
    year "ambient white noise" dominates Dodge Caravan commercials?

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    It was two-chord folky "state of the world" tripe with a bunch of distorted guitar layered uselessly upon it.

• anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
    cosign...

and this is why garfunkel is so misunderstood.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

and this is why garfunkel is so misunderstood.

lol.

• I can't argue..I heard a new single of his on npr and it was terrible.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Who is Paul Simon?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Who is Paul Simon?

He wrote Brighton Beach Memoirs, duh.

fuck npr and fuck paul simons sorry neo colonialistic music hack graceland bullshit. the guy rips off and exploits african music like j paul getty ganstaed the worlds ancient artifacts... fuckin pilifier. the guys a punk and if i evar see him i am going to rip his hair weave off. garfunkel for life batches. " i woke up crying " off watermark is my jam. " i took a sleeping pill and knocked the phone off the nightstand and the operator said... can i help you sir... ". jimmy webb is . fuck paul simon with his barnes and noble psudo sophisticate bullshit. i dont wear banana republic and i dont listen to that bullshit you batches.

happy mothers day go buy your mama a rare record...

ap

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    fuck npr and fuck paul simons sorry neo colonialistic music hack graceland bullshit. the guy rips off and exploits african music like j paul getty ganstaed the worlds ancient artifacts... fuckin pilifier. the guys a punk and if i evar see him i am going to rip his hair weave off. garfunkel for life batches. " i woke up crying " off watermark is my jam. " i took a sleeping pill and knocked the phone off the nightstand and the operator said... can i help you sir... ". jimmy webb is . fuck paul simon with his barnes and noble psudo sophisticate bullshit. i dont wear banana republic and i dont listen to that bullshit you batches.

happy mothers day go buy your mama a rare record...

ap

yes. Poeple look at me funny when I express my utter hatred for Paul. They cant believe I dont own any of his records or actually hate his music.

My mother has passed, but I will listen to her Duke Ellington and Chris Connor LPs today.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i like graceland. sorry

i like graceland. sorry

BAN

Are the any Post Simon & Garfunkel Paul Simon albums that are important? I just cant see this cat.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Pretentious Prick. I'm watching his new stuff on SNL.

i was there cringing with you. that religion song that he started with was......ugh.

ILL RIP HIS UGLY GAS FACE OFF AND SHIT IN HIS TUPEE AND SLAP IT BACK ON HIS BALD ASS HEAD. TRICK ASS BATCH.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    ILL RIP HIS UGLY GAS FACE OFF AND SHIT IN HIS TUPEE AND SLAP IT BACK ON HIS BALD ASS HEAD. TRICK ASS BATCH.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    oh wow! i had no idea.

a musician who is a pretentious asstard? and he stole black people's music?

never that, son.

*puts 2/3 of his records in the sell pile*

WRANG PUAL SIMON BATCH.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

*puts 2/3 of his records in the sell pile*

GREAT! ANOTHER whitey wanting to profit off of black culture...you should just give yourself papercuts with the sleeves or somethng.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    your new avatar looks familiar Raj...

what about Paul Simon's band though???

funky whiteman dreadlocks???

---

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    ... little dude.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I haven't been able to stand dude for a long long time
    but I'll stand up for that 1st solo joint, the one where
    he's rockin' the Triple Fat on the cover...that record's good.