Star fired from Clear Channel....foul shit!

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Troi Torain, known as Star of the Star and Bucwild Morning Show, has been fired by Clear Channel the shock jock made sexually charged statements directed to the 4-year-old daughter of a rival DJ.On Monday May 8, Torain, an employee of New York???s Power 105.1, made several on-air sexual and threatening comments about the daughter of Hot 97???s DJ Envy."Yes, I disrespected your seed. If you didn't hear me, I said, I would like to do an R. Kelly on your seed, on your little baby girl. I would like to tinkle on her," the DJ said referring to an alleged videotape of the Chicago-bred pop singer urinating on an underage girl.Torain also offered to pay $500 to any listener that could provide the location of the child???s school and made several racially and sexually charged comments about Envy???s wife, who is Asian/African American. ???Oh yes, I'll, I'll come for your kids. I will come for your kids. I finally got the information on his slant eyed, whore wife. The information on his slant eyed, whore wife.???DJ Envy said he found the comments deplorable and disgusting."Any man that says he would like to do an R. Kelly on a 4-year-old, who claims he wants to tinkle on her and skeet on her face might be a pedophile," DJ Envy told AllHipHop.com. "Instead of keeping his hatred focused solely on me, he threatened to molest my daughter. He's a coward who hides behind his microphone, who will stop at nothing to generate ratings."Torain???s former employee also denounced the on-air comments."Power 105 finds recent remarks broadcast by Troi Torain of the Star and Bucwild Morning Show to be wholly unacceptable," said Market Manager Rob Williams of Clear Channel in a statement. "He is no longer with Power 105.1 or Clear Channel Radio. We sincerely apologize to those who may have been offended by his remarks."DJ Envy and Torain had been exchanging verbal insults over the air for weeks.Eventually, a listener complained to a New York City Councilman, who then called Clear Channel Radio President/CEO John Hogan and demanded Star's dismissal.Premier Radio Networks, a subsidiary of Clear Channel, airs syndicates the Star and Bucwild Morning Show in cities like Philadelphia, Miami and Richmond, VA. Premiere Radio Networks has suspended the show indefinitely.According to published reports, the rest of the Star and Bucwild Morning team are on suspension pending further investigation.Torain and the Star and Bucwild team were terminated from Hot 97 in 2001 after they played sound effects of a plane crashing and a woman screaming in the aftermath of R&B singer Aaliyah???s death.Torain???s manager, Wyatt Cheeks, was unavailable for comments at press time.

Comments

• I bet Sarah Silverman put him up to it!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

"Any man that says he would like to do an R. Kelly on a 4-year-old, who claims he wants to tinkle on her and skeet on her face might[/b] be a pedophile," DJ Envy told AllHipHop.com.

Way to make a bold statement, Envy!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

"Any man that says he would like to do an R. Kelly on a 4-year-old, who claims he wants to tinkle on her and skeet on her face might[/b] be a pedophile," DJ Envy told AllHipHop.com.

From the Faux_Rillz Esq school of litigation.

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
    Umm, are you saying he shouldn't have been fired? I mean seriously, I don't think free speech covers making those kinds of comments about a child. It wouldn't bother me if he was criminally charged as well.

From the Faux_Rillz Esq school of litigation.

Any dude that jocks me as mercilessly as you might[/b] be a little dude.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    looks like CamRon started a new trend(releasing body fluids on children)
    When you cant get at the adult youre beefing with.

• I dont understand the whole "urban radio morning show" shock jock shit. This,the Tsunami skit,etc. That shit would NEVER fly down here on the radio.

• looks like CamRon started a new trend(releasing body fluids on children)
    When you cant get at the adult youre beefing with.

best scene in that movie BY FAR!

"BITCH!"

There was actually a short-lived beef between Cam and 50 about four years ago that started when Cam threatened to "R. Kelly" the face of Nas's daughter on-air. In a subsequent interview, 50--without naming names--said that he didn't think making that kind of threat about somebody's kids was an appropriate way to get at them. Cam took offense.

• I dont understand the whole "urban radio morning show" shock jock shit. This,the Tsunami skit,etc. That shit would NEVER fly down here on the radio.

you live in a whole different world.

LA radio has some shock moments too, but this shit was crazy over the edge

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    yeah i remember that,what type of stuff is he gonna move on to next?

• you live in a whole different world.

• saying. Hillman University was supposed to be in your hood

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Dude is clearly a little too excited about the words coming out his mouth. Is there ANY job you could be in where you could say this stuff and not expect to get your ass fired??

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    What was this dude doin', man?? Just tryin' to get shot up, in the first place! Foul shit!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

There was actually a short-lived beef between Cam and 50 about four years ago that started when Cam threatened to "R. Kelly" the face of Nas's daughter on-air. In a subsequent interview, 50--without naming names--said that he didn't think making that kind of threat about somebody's kids was an appropriate way to get at them. Cam took offense.

So what happened with the Cam'ron/Jay-Z beef? I kind of lost track of that.

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    Good to see him go. Few sounds coming through a speaker enrage me more than Star's voice. He is pretty much the epitome of ignorant.

• So what happened with the Cam'ron/Jay-Z beef? I kind of lost track of that.

They got married and are living in a house that they bought in Iowa. Cam's expecting!

Everyone else did, too--I think Cam decided to kind of chill when his "beef" failed to capture the public's imagination.

Going at Jay was a really bad look for him.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Everyone else did, too--I think Cam decided to kind of chill when his "beef" failed to capture the public's imagination.

Have you inspected Killa Season for any overcooked remnants of hanger steak?

That masterpiece was at least a year in the making; I don't think we can really infer that the beef is still active from anything we see there.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Exactly how old is the "Wet wipes" video?