DEVO Live 1973

JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=" src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=" src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DEVO is GOD.

• anybody with some early Devo Bootlegs please to post them on waxidermy

thnaks paece

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    DEVO is GOD.

I'm Sayin'

Can't believe the this got!!!

• Can't believe the this got!!!

maybe this isn't the musical forte of most strutters?

IMO Devo are one of the most amazing bands of the last 40 years. So fucking insane; so fucking great

I'm even half tempted to pick up the Devo 2.0 that recently came out

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I really haven't delved too deep into their catalogue. My brother however, is obsessed. I think he's a member of the secret devo allegiance or something. I'm sending it to him now.

Thanks

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    this clip is on their dvd i believe. they are an immensely important band.

i have some devo vinyl boots tucked away, how early do you need? or would anything help?

• I'll cosign. Devo are that shit.

• spexxxspexxx 37 Posts
    This is dope.Folls around the hood always look at me crosseyed when I throw some DEVO on the platter(I can see where they're coming from,but f*ck that).There's a couple clips on Youtube from a late 70's performance on SNL as well.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    wow if more of their shit was like this I'd be a bigger fan.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts

i have some devo vinyl boots tucked away, how early do you need? or would anything help?

yeah...i believe its on 'the complete truth about de-evolution.' highly recommended.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    they are an immensely important band.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    wow if more of their shit was like this I'd be a bigger fan.

musically this isn't even close to touching their first album, but its an interesting document of their embryonic stage

• I've mentioned this before, but I was ignored. Now I'm coming back at you armed with video.

Neil Young and Devo. I know it's weird but I love it.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I've mentioned this before, but I was ignored. Now I'm coming back at you armed with video.

what's that all about???? human highway???

• I've mentioned this before, but I was ignored. Now I'm coming back at you armed with video.

what's that all about???? human highway???

Exactly. It's taken from Human Highway which also stars Dean Stockwell and Dennis Hopper. Not the best movie in the world, but you should check it out if you're a fan of Neil Young and Devo.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    crib rock

schitt is trippy

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    total thread hijack, but of all the Clash vids on YouTube, none are from their SNL appearence. Ive been trying to find those vids pretty much since i saw them on tv in '82. how frustrating. though the 20-30 live clash vids that are on there are pretty awesome.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Wow. I had no idea. Back in 73? I have those Ryko CDs. I need more like that.

One of the best records evar:

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Wow. I had no idea. Back in 73? I have those Ryko CDs. I need more like that.

One of the best records evar:

Frank, those Rykodisc releases are great...play that DEVO LIVE for anyone who thinks that Devo are limp 'new wave', some of the best live punk rock ever recorded.

Devo had it all, probably too much....but now they are makin' money in films/cartoons! WE'RE ALL DEVO!

And whenever I can I throw on the 12" of 'Doctor Detroit'!!

• Did someone mention finding a youtube video of Devo on SNL? I found a lot of Devo videos, but no SNL performance.

You know you're bad ass when you've got David Bowie, Iggy Pop and Brian Eno interested in your first album (wikipedia).

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts

BOOJI BOY kinda freaks me out...

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Did someone mention finding a youtube video of Devo on SNL? I found a lot of Devo videos, but no SNL performance.

You know you're bad ass when you've got David Bowie, Iggy Pop and Brian Eno interested in your first album (wikipedia).

Neil Young was all about Devo too. Things just got kinda weird.

I thought page 2 was page one or something....completley missed the clip.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts

yeah...i believe its on 'the complete truth about de-evolution.' highly recommended.

I've been meaning to order this from Dusty...
    It's a great price from what I remember too - something like $7!!

Devo's the bomb.
    I really wish i would have seen them live!!!

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    thank you all so much for validating my DEVO obsession.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Props for getting Black Radio spins in NYC.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121thank you all so much for validating my DEVO obsession.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121The mystery is revealed....b,121b,121a href="http://www.devo-obsesso.com/html/trinkets-buttons.html" target="_blank"1http://www.devo-obsesso.com/html/trinkets-buttons.html/a1b,121b,121Great band no doubt.