walkman/ipod in the grocery store?

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
the grocery store music was off yesterday at Kroger and things were eerily quiet. and as much as I love grocery store music (still no leads on the Hanson-Mmm Bop original ), I was wondering if it would be inconsiderate to rock the ipod when I shop. Does anyone here?[color:white] I couldn't figure out how to do a real poll. [/color]
  • yes, I listen to Giles Peterson whilst perusing the papayas
  • no, I find grocery store music compliments my lifestyle
  • Real Ballers Have Butlers

Comments

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Why not? Considering some of the rude crap people do in public, listening to the ipod on headphones shouldn't be a problem.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    It's all good as long as you don't play air guitar or make funny faces. I can't tolerate that.

Oh, air drums players are terrible to watch too.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    no worries, I have done this, it is better than grocery store music, sometimes

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Sure. I do it every now and then, except when its really busy. Then it's like being on a packed subway train full of moving people and shopping carts in those aisles. Loosing the sense of sound can be a bit disorienting in that kind of situation.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    The question is. Did you buy an ipod in the store? I just saw some dude lastnight buy a nano or some shit in the drug store by my place. And one of those cheesy $4.99 Soul hits CD's.

Whatever floats ur boat. I'm sure people don't care, compared to the days when people were rollin' with these everywhere.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Sure. I do it every now and then, except when its really busy. Then it's like being on a packed subway train full of moving people and shopping carts in those aisles. Loosing the sense of sound can be a bit disorienting in that kind of situation.
    yeah. thats kinda what i was thinkin. sorta like walking home thru dark alleys with the ipod on...might be a bad idea.

It's all good as long as you don't play air guitar or make funny faces. I can't tolerate that.
    well, we don't live near each other so my air guitar playing and funny face making shouldn't phase you until it catches on.

• LuckyLaneLuckyLane 35 Posts
    I bought my MP3 player EXCLUSIVELY for use in the grocery store.

• NewLifeTrioNewLifeTrio 271 Posts
    It's all good as long as you DO sing out loud, even if you don't know the words.

• It's all good as long as you don't play air guitar or do the white man's overbite. I can't tolerate that.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    I'll put in on in the parking lot and take it off when I get to the friendly cashiers at Trader Joe's. I am probably displaying the white man's overbite throughout my local shopping experience.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

You have to make funny faces...I also walk funny when listening to my ipod in public...I also "rock out" in my car and have been goofed by other drivers. Don't care though! Now grinding up on stuff would be taking it too far.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

You have to make funny faces...I also walk funny when listening to my ipod in public...I also "rock out" in my car and have been goofed by other drivers. Don't care though! Now grinding up on stuff would be taking it too far.

I actually like those metal dudes ( ) that rock their ipods so loud that you can listen to the guitar solo and you can tell that the funny faces are in synch with the music. High pitch guitar note funny face is awesome.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

I actually like those metal dudes ( ) that rock their ipods so loud that you can listen to the guitar solo and you can tell that the funny faces are in synch with the music. High pitch guitar note funny face is awesome.

Isn't that the same face you make when you gamble and lose? (try to fart but a little more than fart somes out...i.e. shart) or is that

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    fuck yeah i listen to my music in the grocery store. I drift away whilst scoping the yummy mummies.

but i always take out the headphones when conversing with the checkout chicks.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    it's like a breakface but you have to remember to stay angry, cause you are a metal dude.