PS3 (NRR)

DustbusterDustbuster 278 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Sony Just announced a November release for the PS3 PS3 Release $499 is pretty steep, and if you get the 60 gig version, $599. If you got a computer, is it even worth it?

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I'm sure the PS3 will kill it in the game market. Japan alone will be crazy for Sony. But I'm seriously thinking Blue Ray on a whole will crash and burn.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm sure the PS3 will kill it in the game market. Japan alone will be crazy for Sony. But I'm seriously thinking Blue Ray on a whole will crash and burn.

Blu-ray might eat a fat one...or it could set the new standard. It's kind of hard to say. Regardless, Sony's doing this up real proper-like: backward compatibility with the PS2, HDMI, wireless broadband, every type of port you could possibly need, and by far the biggest hard drive of any next-gen system.

I sure can't see myself plunking down $500 on one, though.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Did they have to make it so ugly? It kind of looks like the Vestax portable.

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts
    no, this is uglier^

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    the controller is a little too

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    the controller is a little too

Fear not, the actual controller is basically just a slightly tweaked PS2 controller--the one in that picture above is an old prototype that was roundly panned and quickly scrapped.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i heard that microsoft is going to drop the price of xbox 360s by $100 when the ps3 is launched. i might get one of those, even though i'm not a huge gamer, there's usually 3-4 games each year that i really get into.