Do We NeEd A bEaT pOsT tOdAy ???

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
...im not sure but here's a little something ive been noodling about with for a couple of dayshttp://download.yousendit.com/61F1E46F63A8E57A

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    we always need beatposts. this was a little too housy for me, but still pretty fresh!

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    ...im not sure but here's a little something ive been noodling about with for a couple of days

http://download.yousendit.com/61F1E46F63A8E57A

Nice, I quite dig it.. Good work mang

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    www.funkweapons.com/rusty/FBC-VirginiaSlimsInstrumental.mp3

Some beat I did for these girls out of PDX, Finger Bang City. It was a fun side project for sure. I posted it on another beat-post unfinished before, so be easy.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    upskiboo

nice vocal hook on this track... I would say add a slight bit of reverb to the drums so they sound more live and less programmed , you can hear where the snare decay cuts off

I swear I've used those drums before but I can't for the life of me remember what they are..

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    upskiboo

nice vocal hook on this track... I would say add a slight bit of reverb to the drums so they sound more live and less programmed , you can hear where the snare decay cuts off

I swear I've used those drums before but I can't for the life of me remember what they are..

I would compress them and then buss them to a verb, adding straight verb over your drums is a sure way to make sure they sound washed out and under-powered.

Thats what I meant, using the verb on a bus. Yea definitely not a good look to put a verb on drums straight on the track. Also, by reverb, I mean the absolute slightest amount, the amount where you know if it isn't there, but don't really know it's there (hopefully you understand what I mean).

I don't know if you have used it, but the Waves IR-1 Convolution Reverb is crazy.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    Thats what I meant, using the verb on a bus. Yea definitely not a good look to put a verb on drums straight on the track. Also, by reverb, I mean the absolute slightest amount, the amount where you know if it isn't there, but don't really know it's there (hopefully you understand what I mean).

I don't know if you have used it, but the Waves IR-1 Convolution Reverb is crazy.

Word

Ive been using the Renaissance Reverb recently, might need to try the IR-1

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    peep my new emcees young salemme and pretty black:

ave love
    myspace.com/jaymackproductions

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    thanks for gear/ sound advice guys, this one is not finished, i just need'd to take a break from it, i'd use effects/ comps when a track needs some if i get a chance to hit a studio, programing beats i usually just have all instruments/ samples more less dry (as you can hear)

and yo mcdee, dressboogie thought it sounded like house too...what up guys(???) shit is uptempo but its not house (or housey imo)

and yo mcdee, dressboogie thought it sounded like house too...what up guys(???) shit is uptempo but its not house (or housey imo)

the drums don't sound like house , but the vocal sample and the bassline do....

that's probably why people were saying that.

the drums don't sound like house , but the vocal sample and the bassline do....

that's probably why people were saying that.

ok, yes i see (and hear) what you mean

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    1st time postin in a beat post.....any critism good or bad is welcome but go easy on me.

www.myspace.com/zomb1

Ive been beat makin for about a year now & these beats are pretty old, sunshine is one of the 1st beats i made so its pretty dry & its even got honey dipper drums.....oh the shame.

Does anybody else use sony acid? Thats all i got 4 my beat makin so they're not the most professional sounding.

Some newer spooky beats comin soon though, should be up by the end of the month!!

• this top song elephant strut and romance are recent.

www.myspace.com/maker

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    a little beach boys / 45 king blend i was doing the other day

A HREF="http://download.yousendit.com/F6EAA08A67154864">Believeintheking/A>

this is funny shit. just a bunch of producers posting up their beats for each other, and no one really listening to them.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    this is funny shit. just a bunch of producers posting up their beats for each other, and no one really listening to them.

no i dont care, but how am i disrespecting? its true. the only people that click on these threads are the beat posters that want to see if their beats fortunately get some love. or any recognition.
    thats why im here right as we speak.

maybe people are too lazy to put down acouple words...

but theres alot of producers/beatmakers/djs on this board and i think that some of these heads might check in once in a while... would really like to hear new stuff from these cats though!!!

mcdee
    dejean
    ako
    monty
    day
    hawkeye
    beat chemist
    sheep
    einstein
    phill
    meep
    mallard
    thesone
    asprin
    bapt
    gloom
    ross hoqq
    grafwrita
    ect
    ect the list goes on..
    i heard some stuff over at dress's house that was BAAANGIN!!!

• bloodcellbloodcell 208 Posts
    i came in here to check peoples tracks. i dont make records, just play them and am always looking for new producers material that i might love.

coming from my end on this.... i come to this forum knowing how serious the people are about music, so if a producer is posting beats people like myself are gonna check em.

• yesterdaysyesterdays 60 Posts
    i did this a couple of months ago.i was just trying to experiment with some different shit.not really a straight hiphop beat at all,i kinda set out to attempt a soundtrack
    cinematic( ) type feel. im not sure if i like it.i havent been able to transfer my new shit because the computer i use for music is like 8 years old and isnt hooked up to dsl,nor does it have a working cd burner(fucking ridiculous! i need some new equipment realllllllllly bad)
    http://download.yousendit.com/DB8F73D579792E72

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I started working on this beat last night, still looking for a few different sounds and how im going to arrange it for the final cut but it gives ya'll a good ideal

www.myspace.com/stillblazinprod

3 one on there called Listen... A Tribute to jay dee

kinda late, just never got around to it.