that SERGIO MENDES/BEP album is kinda nice

2»

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Black Eyed what?

• Rob_SevierRob_Sevier 150 Posts
    post-surgery insomia makes me stay up late and get angry about bad commercial rap.

hope you get better quick, was it appendicitis?

yes. the cure is worse than the disease, in my case. post-surgery pain makes me long for the good old days when I just had a ruptured appendix and bad infection.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I love how that thread turned into bep hatting and sound thoughts about plastic surgery. still, some tracks of the album are pretty nice. I was djing the release parties for that album over here in Germany, straight doing shit with backspins and scratches and had a good time (although I don't like black eyed peas too much, this album is solid imo, it is what it is)...
    one of the promoters was having dinner with sergio before and told him what will happen, and sergio was like, "yeah, I love turntablism"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Hell yes! black eyed peas + sergio mendes? Fantastic!

Any word on that Herb Alpert + pussycat dolls album? That should also be amazing!

I mean, here i was thinking it couldnt get any better then the last santana album, and here's this blowing my mind all over again.

I did see a live performance on t.v. of this and those brazilian chicks got serious back. Sometimes though there was that asian chick breakdancing in golf socks getting in the way though, that wasnt cool.

asian chick breakdancing in golf socks

wrong thread

herp and them pussycat dolls? I hope the cover will remind us of something like this:

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Hell yes! black eyed peas + sergio mendes? Fantastic!

Any word on that Herb Alpert + pussycat dolls album? That should also be amazing!

I mean, here i was thinking it couldnt get any better then the last santana album, and here's this blowing my mind all over again.

I did see a live performance on t.v. of this and those brazilian chicks got serious back. Sometimes though there was that asian chick breakdancing in golf socks getting in the way though, that wasnt cool.

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    all i'm saying is this album has me open to BEP and will.i.am's production, just like "unplugged" made okayplayers stop hatting on Jay-Z.

If BEP can put out some good singles that are fun to dance to, whats to hate? If they can make a song calling the CIA terrorists, and still manage to get it played on the radio once an hour whats to hate?

my rock friends talk about how The Flaming Lips are really 2 seprate bands (before and after the soft bulliton) you could say the same about BEP and whats it matter? you can think of BEP as 2 seprate groups if it makes you feel better.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    all i'm saying is this album has me open to BEP and will.i.am's production, just like "unplugged" made okayplayers stop hatting on Jay-Z.

If BEP can put out some good singles that are fun to dance to, whats to hate? If they can make a song calling the CIA terrorists, and still manage to get it played on the radio once an hour whats to hate?

my rock friends talk about how The Flaming Lips are really 2 seprate bands (before and after the soft bulliton) you could say the same about BEP and whats it matter? you can think of BEP as 2 seprate groups if it makes you feel better.

thats fine, but that still means that both of those groups fucking blow.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

thats fine, but that still means that both of those groups fucking blow.

BSIDES OWNZ YOU ALL!!!

BSIDES OWNZ YOU ALL!!!

"You don't own me. I don't see no ring(wear on these sleeves)"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Granted, they added a sexy little thing (cue pisspants jpeg) and bubble-gummed their sound a little in order to win over a few million fans, but shit, they're still the same weirdo "houser" dudes that Eazy E put on.

That's what I'm trying to tell these dudes--BEP hasn't changed a bit; they were always trash.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Hilarious--the thread just reached a new high.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    BEP + 7 million records sold = objectively succesful[/b].

• xyzlenexyzlene 37 Posts
    new sergio would have been a great concept/release if there were different produecers.

such as:

geology
    spinna
    j.rawls
    dilla
    m.lib
    lacks
    waajeed
    kenny dope
    bugz in the attic
    4 hero
    jazz tronik
    etc...

obviously a collab like this would never happen. In addition a collab like this would recieve no airplay...no airplay no $$$$.

In my world i would have hired these artist.

I despise the fact that will i am did this project... Sergio was not forced to do this album, but none the less....better artist....

some things should just be left alone.

underground or not im vomiting.....

• montymonty 420 Posts
    LOS ANGELES, CA Tuesday May.9.2006 /netmusiccountdown.com/ -- Jay Leno's serving up some Black Eyed Peas tonight, May 9th.

Tune in to "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" this Tuesday night to catch a live performance by the legendary Sergio Mendes and the Black Eyed Peas. They'll be performing a song called "Mas Que Nada" from Sergio's latest album, "Timeless."

Actress Lindsay Lohan and actor John Krasinski also guest on tonight's program.

"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" airs weeknights at 11:35 pm ET/PT on NBC. Check your local listings.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Lindsay Lohan!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    new sergio would have been a great concept/release if there were different produecers.

such as:

geology
    spinna
    j.rawls
    dilla
    m.lib
    lacks
    waajeed
    kenny dope
    bugz in the attic
    4 hero
    jazz tronik
    etc...

obviously a collab like this would never happen. In addition a collab like this would recieve no airplay...no airplay no $$$$.

In my world i would have hired these artist.

I despise the fact that will i am did this project... Sergio was not forced to do this album, but none the less....better artist....

some things should just be left alone.

underground or not im vomiting.....

that album is HUGE in Japan.

I could care less what the hatters would say but I bought that one joint with Q-Tip and Will I.AM. (straight up guilty pleasure) I can't front on that Will IAMdude, he kinda has some beats.

but..yo..hasn't Sergio Mendes always kind of been on the pop tip? Aside from his early LP's with Wanda and Braisl 77 I kind of always seen him as pop "world" music, kinda dope but still on some commercial steez.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    I've got nothing to say on BEP except that I'd already made a beat out of the same track as the single. I almost crashed my car when I heard it cause he butchered it. I'm almost ashamed to have messed with it now...