amen break mini documentary thang

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
this is pretty cool. (sorry if its old news)

Comments

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts
    (sorry if its old news)

half/ half???

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    dj pogo told me a few years ago while tracking them down to license "Amen Brother" for a Comp that some of the original members are now having a fishfarm somewhere in the south of the US...dunno if this is true or not...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I went to go see the winstons play a Gospel Festival in VA.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    yeah... i actually saw this last year, but its nice and worth listening to at least once.

has anyone else ever felt like the part right where the amen break comes in [on the original song by the winstons] seems almost out of place with the rest of the song? like right before the break starts you can hear a tape edit or something that just makes that 1 perfect loop seem added to the song later... anyone know what i'm saying? could it be a braek conspiracy? did lizards put it there? it's almost as if someone WANTED that break to be sampled... and it is a perfect break... no matter how you chop it, it never goes wrong. it's no wonder why it's the most used braek ever... please discuss....

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I like that the narration is done PBS style. He even gets the pronounciation of Amen wrong.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

has anyone else ever felt like the part right where the amen break comes in [on the original song by the winstons] seems almost out of place with the rest of the song? like right before the break starts you can hear a tape edit or something that just makes that 1 perfect loop seem added to the song later... anyone know what i'm saying? could it be a braek conspiracy? did lizards put it there? it's almost as if someone WANTED that break to be sampled... and it is a perfect break... no matter how you chop it, it never goes wrong. it's no wonder why it's the most used braek ever... please discuss....

There are actually quite a few songs like this, where the break just comes out of nowhere and doesn't even sound like it goes with the rest of the song. Would make a good thread for somebody to start (somebody other than me... I've decided I don't want to like breakbeats anymore )

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    This mini documentary was really informative,thanks for sharing it.I'm trying to download it,i'm getting a steady 2 kb/sec,while the dap program i'm using said the download speed was excellent before i started it