a ghetto blaster with record deck???

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i've seen the ones that play 45's before but i've never seen one like that. nice.

i think it deserves a

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    IMO that's a great portable. That shit is LOUD! I had one a few years back, but sold/traded it to a friend. They seem to pop around town @ least once a year.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    actually... that boombox is pretty dope!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    IMO that's a great portable. That shit is LOUD! I had one a few years back, but sold/traded it to a friend. They seem to pop around town @ least once a year.

it's solid? how easliy does it skip?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    have you guys really never seen this? growing up in the 80's, i would say at least 1/3 of all my friends older brothers or sisters had one of these...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    have you guys really never seen this? growing up in the 80's, i would say at least 1/3 of all my friends older brothers or sisters had one of these...

I guess this is just one of those "you're getting old" moments, gunn . I remember quite a few people had those combo boxes, too. My friend Carsten still has one. He used it for the cover of one of his mixtapes:

• have you guys really never seen this?

That's what I was thinking, I mean they're cool and all, but those were in the JC Penny catalog when I was a pup. I've probably seen more of those than Sound Burgers.

The real pimp shit is someone told me Cadillacs used to have an optional 45 player in them. That's a cool ass portable. "Excuse me, is it O.K. if I drive my car up to the entrance and open the door so I can listen to these records?"

SONIC

P.S. What's a "record deck"? Does it work sort of like a record player?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

The real pimp shit is someone told me Cadillacs used to have an optional 45 player in them. That's a cool ass portable. "Excuse me, is it O.K. if I drive my car up to the entrance and open the door so I can listen to these records?"

actually, i think it was a MOPAR thing...

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    have you guys really never seen this?

• Options

You dudes are young.

Tape playing 8-tracks?????, K.

• pknypkny 549 Posts

it's solid? how easliy does it skip?

I copped one of these Panasonic joints a few years ago for $20. I wouldn't suggest playing a record while walking around, but when on a stable surface, there's no skips.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Aha, gotta love Car Nerds, they got their posting ish up on the web game on lock. Found a couple of interesting scans at the Imperial web site listing a couple of different types of record players:

The Columbia Hi-Fi system (plays 16 RPM custom discs)
    More info

The RCA system for 45s (beyond holy grail for me)