i need a new job

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
i just need a shitty summer job, but heres what im lookin for:no uniform, i can just show up and leave without having to change. i dont know why this is so important to me, i just cant stand wearing a gross uniform (although wearing dress clothes or something would be perfectly acceptable, since i wear them most of the time anyway...)morning/afternoon hours...i currently work at dominos (again) and the deal is, basically they only get busy at night, so i only work at night, and if im scheduled for 5-9, that could mean anywhere from 5-8:30, to 5-4am...not knowing exactly when im gonna get off work bothers me to no end. plus i like having nights to myself.i just need to be able to make..eh like $400 a month for rent, plus some extra cash for spending.any suggestions?also how many of you manage to do this anyway with just ebay or something? hahaim so fucking lazy, but, whatever, i hate working.

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    compile design portfolio, preferrably w/ samples targeting your customer base. In the case of a small-medium sized town, you would be aiming at small businesses (letterhead/business cards/logo work/brochures). Now the reward is much higher and the hrs are dictated by you. However it's not a lazy man's job where you can just mail it in.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    warehouseman
    assistant data entry statistics agency

two of my worst summer jobs, but i was paid well and didn't have to wear a uniform. the warehouse job was quite exhausting. the data entry was very very boring, but i learned how to sleep with half opened eyes while sitting on an office chair (i got caught once though) and i learned how to cheat on the time-punch machine!!! quite useful for following jobs!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    warehouseman
    assistant data entry statistics agency

two of my worst summer jobs, but i was paid well and didn't have to wear a uniform. the warehouse job was quite exhausting. the data entry was very very boring, but i learned how to sleep with half opened eyes while sitting on an office chair (i got caught once though) and i learned how to cheat on the time-punch machine!!! quite useful for following jobs!

data entry sounds good. ive kinda always wanted to do something boring and monotonous like that.

now i just need to figure out how to find something like that.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    compile design portfolio, preferrably w/ samples targetting your target base. In the case of a small-medium sized town, you would be aiming at small businesses (letterhead/business cards/logo work/brochures). Now the reward is much higher and the hrs are dictated by you. However it's not a lazy man's job where you can just mail it in.

yeah, i should do this...hmm

i really need to learn illustrator.

• i really need to learn illustrator.

highly recommended. it's pretty easy to learn the basics and once you get the hang of it, you'll be addicted and you'll be straight crushin things.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    sell weed.

panhandle.

deliver auto parts.

work in a mail room.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    You'd probably have to wear a uniform, but because they usually have unions, grocery store employees often make piles more than other equivalent jobs... (at least in Canada, anyways) the money may outweigh the uniform-hate.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    clean out the shelves & sell some records, this will give you some breathing space & time to think, it's only vinyl.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    You'd probably have to wear a uniform, but because they usually have unions, grocery store employees often make piles more than other equivalent jobs... (at least in Canada, anyways) the money may outweigh the uniform-hate.

This is not the case in the US even places like Whole Foods that supposedly treat employees well start off at $7.50.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I need to hire someone... move to San Jose and it's yours

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    compile design portfolio, preferrably w/ samples targetting your target base. In the case of a small-medium sized town, you would be aiming at small businesses (letterhead/business cards/logo work/brochures). Now the reward is much higher and the hrs are dictated by you. However it's not a lazy man's job where you can just mail it in.

yeah, i should do this...hmm

i really need to learn illustrator.

You should try this, I've seen your stuff--its good!

If you don't mind lifting boxes, you could see if there is a UPS branch or Spee Dee Delivery branch down there in IC. I worked at a Spee Dee delivery one summer and made like $9 an hour. I worked everyday for a few hours and you get the weekends off, was pretty easy. No dress code, just heavy lifting, sweat, and a stuffy warehouse.

Hospitals aren't bad either...but, there is that dress code thing depending on the job.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    i had a buddy who was a "Drug Runner" for a couple of years.

He'd wake up in the morning, go to the supply house and use a company van to deliver prescription drugs to pharmacies all day. READ: Drive, music, day (little traffic), no uniform, friends can ride shotgun (although i'm sure they never knew about that part).

i also had a friend that delivered wine to restaraunts, this job has obvious perks.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

He'd wake up in the morning, go to the supply house and use a company van to deliver prescription drugs to pharmacies all day. READ: Drive, music, day (little traffic), no uniform, friends can ride shotgun (although i'm sure they never knew about that part).

I got a friend who does this too, likes it a lot.

• girgir 329 Posts

I got a friend who does this too, likes it a lot.

my friend's a kinko's delivery driver and she loves it. she gets stoned and drives around all day rocking out.