IGNORE THIS USER

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Wow, I really like this feature! Anytime someone on here spouts off some schitt I don't want to read or has viewpoints contrary to mine or replies negatively to one of my posts or is just basically a bunghole, all I have to do is and he's OUTTA HERE! Well, except unless somebody quotes said ignored user's post. Then it really doesn't work very well. But it works some of the time! I LOVE IT! This has vastly improved my soulstrutting lifestyle and encourages me to engage in soulstrutting on a more regular basis now. I have 3 (and about to be 4 ) on my shit list so far. How many you got? p.s.: if you reply to this post with the graemlin you are officialy a dork and will be placed on my shit list. I LOVE SOULSTRUT AGAIN!

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    POST YOUR **IGNORE THIS USER** LIST OR YOU'RE SOFT

ASSUMING YOU'RE NOT IGNORING THIS USER THAT IS
    THANKS PLAESE PEACE

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

GROSS

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    GROSS

PREPARE TO GET "GNEECHED"

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Yo Phill, again, "On Tempo" rocks the crowd. Everywhere where I play that tune the people love it (Exceppt for those Jiggy-Bling Partys, had to spin there 2 weeks ago and it was a fart under the blanket)

Do you remeber how you got the drums to sound like this ?? They sound heavily over-compressed like they were recorded way to loud to tape.

What kinda equipment where you using back than ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    @ Ako

Is "gross" a english word I dont know of yet or is it the German word that you used AKO ???

??ber-Kaputt
    Hawkeye

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yo Phill, again, "On Tempo" rocks the crowd. Everywhere where I play that tune the people love it (Exceppt for those Jiggy-Bling Partys, had to spin there 2 weeks ago and it was a fart under the blanket)

Do you remeber how you got the drums to sound like this ?? They sound heavily over-compressed like they were recorded way to loud to tape.

What kinda equipment where you using back than ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    @ Ako

Is "gross" a english word I dont know of yet or is it the German word that you used AKO ???

??ber-Kaputt
    Hawkeye

Gross is as english as cream tea and crumpets. In this context it means repulsive/crass.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    i can't see you though, BITCH

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Intresting, never heard it before. Gross in german means great or large. Crass by the way has the same meaning in german, we write it Krass.

Achtung
    Hawkeye

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    where soulman? did you ignore him outta existence?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    *** ignore this user***

what did you say?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Ok, this has been discussed before, but how fuckin hard is to simply just not read the posts of people you don't want to read? Why do you need this "feature"?

Ie.: I don't have any interesting in reading hip hop threads
    Do I need a "feature" that allows me to "ignore" those threads? NO, I just don't click on them. End of story.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Intresting, never heard it before. Gross in german means great or large. Crass by the way has the same meaning in german, we write it Krass.

Achtung
    Hawkeye

Of course the word comes from German. Tea and Crumpets are bloody Chinese and Irish, respectively. Clueless English think they are pure as the driven snow yet all have Danish names!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Do people actually use this feature? come on guys, aint the heated discussions 1/2 the fun?

and if 1/2 of you are useing it, then whats up with all the heated discussions?

come on fuckos, lighten up, its only the internets...

Achtung
    Hawkeye

Of course the word comes from German. Tea and Crumpets are bloody Chinese and Irish, respectively. Clueless English think they are pure as the driven snow yet all have Danish names!

MMMMmmmmmmm. Naaaaaammmmess.

Achtung
    Hawkeye

Once again sarcasm fails to come across in written text. My fault for lack of indicating graemlins

Actually I don't believe that particular use of gross does originate from the german - think it's based further back in original latin though I might be wrong.

Achtung
    Hawkeye

Once again sarcasm fails to come across in written text. My fault for lack of indicating graemlins

Actually I don't believe that particular use of gross does originate from the german - think it's based further back in original latin though I might be wrong.

But if english came predominantly from German than it wouldn't be the latin, because the germanic and the latin are separate. No?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Intresting, never heard it before. Gross in german means great or large.

It can also carry this meaning in English

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Do I need a "feature" that allows me to "ignore" those threads?

apparently the 'feature' you seek is called 'waxidermy.com'

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Do I need a "feature" that allows me to "ignore" those threads?

apparently the 'feature' you seek is called 'waxidermy.com'

Achtung
    Hawkeye

But if english came predominantly from German than it wouldn't be the latin, because the germanic and the latin are separate. No?

Yeah, however In this case I think, like the typical scavengers we are, we took it from grossus - the latin for thick/coarse, rather than german. Sure there's a knowledgeable strutter out there who can confirm/deny but in the meantime here's some random unsubstantiated facts from a google search:

gross

Latin grossus gave us this, via Old French gros, but it is unrelated to anything in German. Its link with physical hugeness has waned while its figurative destiny has increased, spreading it from "coarse" and "vulgar" to "total" and "entire,"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    "Hello, New York Times subscription department please"

NYT- Can I help you?

"Yes I'd like to subscribe to your paper but I'd like you to take out all the things I don't want to see before you deliver it to me"

NYT- What kind of things??

"Well let's start with all the stories on crime, they gross me out"

NYT - OK, no crime stories

"And politics give me a headache, especially when people give their opinions, I hate that"

NYT- OK we'll cut out all politics and editorials, anything else??

"All those ads from the "Hipster" stores down on 5th Ave., you know the ones that have the young models with backpacks and wool caps!! And all those cigarette and liquor ads, they tend to be racist so please cut those out too"

NYT- No ads, gotcha

"And the Sports page....just leave it out I hate competition. There should be no losers in our society just winners"

NYT- Can we leave in stories about the Yankees, they're winners"

"Isn't Yankee a racist term??? And then there's the Braves and Padres.....all offensive to me....NO SPORTS!!"

NYT - Anything else??

"All that advice column stuff, recipes of unhealthy fatty meat dishes, ads for Insurance and big screen TV's and all those car ads, they cause global warming....I don't want to see any of this stuff...it upsets me"

NYT- OK sir, so we'll start you up on your subscription to one Ziggy cartoon a day on Monday, that will be $4.95 a week.

"Is that Ziggy guy black or white...I never could tell....on second thought I'll just stick to the National Enquirer...I mean jeez, the New York Times has NEVER had a story about Reptillian Space Aliens...what's with you guys are you TOTALLY out of touch with the world!!"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

NYT- Can I help you?

"Yes I'd like to subscribe to your paper but I'd like you to take out all the things I don't want to see before you deliver it to me"

"And politics give me a headache, especially when people give their opinions, I hate that"

"All those ads from the "Hipster" stores down on 5th Ave., you know the ones that have the young models with backpacks and wool caps!! And all those cigarette and liquor ads, they tend to be racist so please cut those out too"

NYT- No ads, gotcha

"And the Sports page....just leave it out I hate competition. There should be no losers in our society just winners"

"Isn't Yankee a racist term??? And then there's the Braves and Padres.....all offensive to me....NO SPORTS!!"

NYT - Anything else??

"All that advice column stuff, recipes of unhealthy fatty meat dishes, ads for Insurance and big screen TV's and all those car ads, they cause global warming....I don't want to see any of this stuff...it upsets me"

NYT- OK sir, so we'll start you up on your subscription to one Ziggy cartoon a day on Monday, that will be $4.95 a week.

"Is that Ziggy guy black or white...I never could tell....on second thought I'll just stick to the National Enquirer...I mean jeez, the New York Times has NEVER had a story about Reptillian Space Aliens...what's with you guys are you TOTALLY out of touch with the world!!"

Is this not, in essence, the way one would receive the 'electronic' version of the paper?

Achtung
    Hawkeye

Yeah, however In this case I think, like the typical scavengers we are, we took it from grossus - the latin for thick/coarse, rather than german. Sure there's a knowledgeable strutter out there who can confirm/deny but in the meantime here's some random unsubstantiated facts from a google search:

gross

Latin grossus gave us this, via Old French gros, but it is unrelated to anything in German. Its link with physical hugeness has waned while its figurative destiny has increased, spreading it from "coarse" and "vulgar" to "total" and "entire,"

I got a good one, the word Bistro comes from the Russian word to do something quickly. When the russian soldiers went to the french cafes after Napoleon and asked for food they said "bistro" - hurry up about it!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

NYT- Can I help you?

NYT- No ads, gotcha

NYT - Anything else??

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

Achtung
    Hawkeye

Haha , actually it's an old French word in origin.

Achtung
    Hawkeye

Its like they have a word for everything.

• I just found out that the words 'compromise', 'altruistic', 'benevolent' and 'fluffy' have no translation in German.

Somehow, this doesn't surprise me all that much.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Achtung
    Hawkeye

This is blatant propaganda. Brits are fucked in the head about where they come from and can't admit it. They have a whole industry based on proving they are not from Germany.

• Intresting, never heard it before. Gross in german means great or large. Crass by the way has the same meaning in german, we write it Krass.

Achtung
    Hawkeye

This is blatant propaganda. Brits are fucked in the head about where they come from and can't admit it. They have a whole industry based on proving they are not from Germany.

I remember a really funny episode of Blackadder where the running joke was Prince Albert's thick German accent, while he claimed to actually be from some rural English backwater...