mac related crap inside. haters, please miss this.

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you're gonna need this

an Intel Mac, a copy of Boot Camp and whatever OS' you're trying to run.

I need to cop an Intel Mac on the cool. Fuck that waiting til revision 2 shit, I'm convinced.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    wow

that's all I can say.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    The face-melt is a stock-response, but there is literally nothing else that expresses my feelings towards that video.

• But does this mean you can have BOTH systems running at the same time? Thats what it implies in the thumbnails.
    I heard you had to switch off the computer to use either OS system. Which would be a major wank if true...

Does this also mean that Apple will now become more prone to glitches because of non-Apple hardware installed? Ie: the Frankestein monster created PC set-ups many have built from different companies products.

I'm perfectly happy being a Mac snob with my G5 as it is.
    In fact, I don't even know what I'm missing out on in PC land.

But it looks like a good thing...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

But does this mean you can have BOTH systems running at the same time? Thats what it implies in the thumbnails.
    I heard you had to switch off the computer to use either OS system. Which would be a major wank if true...

Does this also mean that Apple will now become more prone to glitches because of non-Apple hardware installed? Ie: the Frankestein monster created PC set-ups many have built from different companies products.

I'm perfectly happy being a Mac snob with my G5 as it is.
    In fact, I don't even know what I'm missing out on in PC land.

But it looks like a good thing...

you are missing soulseek, some computer games, and a shitload of problems.

thats about it.

• Okay..
    Well I got Mac version of slsk, haven't played a video game since Ms Pacman & well, I don't really need any more problems in my life.

So I'm well sorted.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I use virtual PC from time to time but it's clunky. I assume the new setup will use the processor better making both OS's run up to speed. It seems cool to me but I'm more than happy with what Mac based programs have to offer.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    its defintitely dope but I took the Mac oath and promised not to run Windows on my Mac, its cool to have some progrmas you can't get, but I don't wanna start dealing with Windows again.
    Heres alink to Macworld of some guy reviewing Parallels
    A HREF="http://www.macworld.com/2006/04/firstlooks/parallelsfl/index.php?lsrc=mwrss">RIGHT HERE/A>

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Crazy stuff... If you would have told me any of this shit even a year ago, I would have thought you were crazy.

I was over at one of Serious's studio's just the other day and it felt so weird having the mac on my left running Windows perfect while the PC on the right was running Apple perfect.

It's a crazy world out there.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Looks cool. For people who need to do a frequent switcharoo for whatever reason, this is great. I don't need to mess around with Windoze anytime soon, though. I'm doing fine with OS X and it's Unix core. I went straight from Atari to Apple way back, and I haven't felt the urge to switch to anyting else yet.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I went straight from Atari to Apple way back

You never went to Amiga in between???

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    you are missing soulseek, some computer games, and a shitload of problems.

thats about it.

Soulseek is for Mac, and called SoulseeX. And the only computer game i need is Football Manager and Civilization, and they are both for Mac

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts

Soulseek is for Mac, and called SoulseeX. And the only computer game i need is Football Manager and Civilization, and they are both for Mac

I need to get on that when I get home. So much stuff I need to get on SS and share with some people

Is this the same as SSX?
    It's a bitch DL-ing whole albums with